“Good, but...”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Central Aberdeen
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We visited here as a birthday treat. I haven't been in several years. The food was well cooked & presented well. Our only problem was with our main courses. We felt there were too many different flavours on our plates. Each delicious in their own right, but not necessarily together.

There are newer reviews for The Braided Fig

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Visited the Braided Fig with the better half for dinner on a Friday night.
I was impressed with the pleasant and attentive staff, we were made very welcome.
The food was a good quality, the Smoked Venison starter was a winner especially the black pudding scotch egg.
The main I had Duck Breast and although I enjoyed this dish, the star of the plate wasn't the duck, the accompaniments were superb, the duck average. Pity, as you can't fault the chef as it was well cooked just not the tastiest duck I've had.
Overall a very good restaurant with a friendly service.
I enjoyed this restaurant. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

A colleague raved about this place and took me for an evening meal. This place has won a new convert.

Great cooking and great friendly service. Being family owned and run by two generations makes a difference.

The scallops I had as a starter were really among the best I've had in Aberdeen. The combo with Stornoway Black pudding showed flair and really worked but didn't detract from the wonderful sweet scallops.
I had a burger of wild boar and again it really showed care and skill. Too many restaurants think a burger is just something to churn out. Not so here where absolutely everything was just perfect.
Lots of other higher end choices on the menu.

We enjoyed a very nice wine and again they pride themselves on having good wines not readily available in supermarkets.

Services needless to say was excellent and friendly.

Ambience is great with a laid back casual feel. Tables well set apart and sofa/couch areas to unwind with coffee or wine.

This is one of the better places to eat in Aberdeen.
I will certainly be back probably as a regular like my colleague!

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Had a great night here with 7 friends. A small deposit taken upon order. Staff were very friendly and helpful can't fault to service. The Bison was ok, a little dry for my taste, but the home cooked chips more than made up for it. Could happily visit again.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The food here is good and they put a unique twist to dishes made with good raw materials. It was bold but it worked: pieces of black pudding along the scallops, curried rice with the duck breast, etc.

1  Thank Dingen