“Great unsung venue for food and drinks”
Review of The Braided Fig

The Braided Fig
Ranked #45 of 691 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Central Aberdeen
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was my first time at The Braided Fig and was impromptu decision to go in. Glad we did as I really liked menu options and relaxed atmosphere in place. Eaten in a lot of venues in Aberdeen and was nice to see some different options.

I had a kangaroo burger , waitress was very helpful in suggesting that some people had cheese with it as option. Opted for some stilton and very good it was too.
Others in party had the chicken wontons, looked great. Fillet steak also got favourable reports.
Service was excellent and friendly.

I will definently be back to sample more from menu!

There are newer reviews for The Braided Fig

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were a party of four on a Sunday night. The mains took a while to arrive, but they were delicious. Three of us had the grilled salmon on potato/corn/crab mash with boiled greens, roasted tomatoes. Excellent. I can't recommend the pesto and focaccia starter, but the tomato/chorizo/bean soup was delish. Their rooster fries are well known and excellent, like chips/fries should be. The two bartenders know how to place shamrocks on the top of a pint of Guinness...it's an art! Good place to eat. The tab for four with wine and beer was gbp119.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The staff were friendly and welcoming from the minute I walked through the door. the food was excellent. I met a friend for lunch and left early evening. The restaurant is split into 2 areas with dining area in one half and nice relaxed seating in the other half. We ate our meal and then moved to the seating area for coffee and stayed the remainder of the afternoon there just having a good catch up. It is so hard to believe they are based in the centre of town as it is so quiet and relaxed. The staff were attentive but unobtrusive the whole time we were there, I would definitely go back. Great place for a catch up without loud music drowning out your conversation.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We visited here as a birthday treat. I haven't been in several years. The food was well cooked & presented well. Our only problem was with our main courses. We felt there were too many different flavours on our plates. Each delicious in their own right, but not necessarily together.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Visited the Braided Fig with the better half for dinner on a Friday night.
I was impressed with the pleasant and attentive staff, we were made very welcome.
The food was a good quality, the Smoked Venison starter was a winner especially the black pudding scotch egg.
The main I had Duck Breast and although I enjoyed this dish, the star of the plate wasn't the duck, the accompaniments were superb, the duck average. Pity, as you can't fault the chef as it was well cooked just not the tastiest duck I've had.
Overall a very good restaurant with a friendly service.
I enjoyed this restaurant. Definitely worth a visit.