“Fantastic - Even when booking late!”
Review of Atholl Hotel

Atholl Hotel
Ranked #12 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic - Even when booking late!”
Reviewed 6 October 2010

I had to stay over in Aberdeen on short notice for business recently and had to book a hotel at short notice.

I thought when I booked this it wouldn't live up to its pictures on the website - but the hotel is wonderful fantastic welcoming staff who are only happy to help and ensure that you have all that you need.

The food was lovely and the room all be it slightly on the small side was perfect and fitted the bill perfectly.

They also have free broadband - however you do need a network cable which you can get from reception.

Would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank itgit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 7 September 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Atholl for a week. found it the most pleasant hotels we had stayed at since leaving N Z .some 4 weeks ago.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Everything was great but the restuarant isn't as good as they say//think it is. It's too small for the hotel size and the food is mediocre and too expensive for what it is. My King prawn salad had frozen tiny prawns covered in a slimey gloop -I couldn't fimish it. The main course was adequate but not great. Also there's nowhere to have a cigarette except perching on a stone wall in the street - they could do with the a small smoker's area to make us feel less like lepers.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Nottingham
Reviewed 10 June 2010

We had a family room, we were all in the same room.

The children's bed was a sofa bed, which did not work with two children.

There was a spare bed outside our room which I now wished I had just set-up.

The room was a good size.

The sofa bed was near the TV, so if we wanted it on it was loudest and brightest next to the bed where the kids were trying to sleep.

Food was OK. Children's menu available - but food not great.

No lift and our room was on the 2nd floor.

Curtains not thick enough - too light too early.

I know it was Aberdeen but in light of other hotels I thought it was expensive for what we got.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 18 December 2009

I am posting this review because I want to record that I have stayed at the Atholl several times over the last few months and found that the standards remain consistently high. This is not an insignificant accomplishment. Same excellent staff. Rooms very nice. I travel a lot. This is an unpretentious small-ish hotel. Not a boutique establishment and not a place for Hester Bloementhal creations. Traditional Scottish at its best with good honest peple looking after you. Loads of parking and a quick taxi ride to the city.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Lubbock TX
Reviewed 13 September 2009

My husband and I found the Atholl Hotel to be quite lovely. The desk staff was very helpful. We asked for assistance in mapping out our driving tour for the next couple of days and they were more than willing to help. The room was clean and roomy, the bathroom was large, clean, and even had a towel warmer! For an older traveler, they even have emergency pulls in the bathroom and by the bed--quite thoughtful. We ate both dinner and breakfast there and the food was excellent. They have a couple of computers set up with Internet access which we used; speed was a bit slow, but that was our only complaint about this quite lovely hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Glasgow
Reviewed 6 August 2009

I have to stay in Aberdeen often on business and like other reviewers have found it very difficult to find a decent, clean, quiet hotel. Being a lone woman just adds to the problem. The Atholl is reliable, always clean and the staff are great and know their stuff. A bonus to be able to eat dinner and breakfast in my room, and its always good quality, not nouvelle cuisine but good food. Decor is fine, not cutting edge but comfortable, functional and well designed. Only problem I have is that I don't like to have a ground floor room but when I mentioned this to the desk they documented it and assured me that I wouldn't be on the ground floor in the future. In a town with so few decent hotels at a reasonable price, the Atholl stands out like a beacon.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business