“shocking!!”

Ranked #37 of 102 Aberdeen B&B and Inns
inverness
“shocking!!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

my hubby had a course for a week and the only place we could get booked into was this faulty tower hotel! £600 for a 5 night stay without breakfast and dinner.
so on arrival was fine went to our room to unpack and get organised room seemed nice and cosy opened the wardrobe door and pulled out the extra pillow that we were going to use to discover NO pillow slip over it and it was covered in Slevers, light bulb wasn't working in the bedside lamp and no toilet roll In the toilet, went to reception and asked the male reception for a pillowslip for our pillow, a bulb for our lamp and toilet roll so popped out to the shop and came back got into our room and still NOTHING there hubby walked back to reception and here were 4 members of staff propped up at the bar drinking including the male reception who we had asked to get us these things! eventually the poor wee night porter comes along with half the messages!
house keeping staff a young lassy with dark hair and glasses tapped our door every morning at the same time 10;30 ish as I was getting myself and my daughter ready we were a bit slow in getting out the room she taps the door and asks if we would like anything I told her I was heading out in 20 mins if she could come back and clean our room then as it was not cleaned for 2 days as It was decent from myself keeping it tidy, 3rd day we needed it hovered and cleaned this cheeky lassy stands looking at me up and down and pulls up her sleeve to look at her watch as if to say for god sakes! I myself work in the exact same trade and never have I done anything so cheeky, took my daughter for a spot of lunch in the dining area while they cleaned our room (if u call it that) empty toilet cardbored was left in the bathroom worktop, no bin liner in the bin and room was not hooverd for 3 days floor was a mess she made the bed and put clean towls in!
I also have photos to show of the mauldy rotten shower that could do with a spray of bleach every once in a while along with the dirty toilet which didn't have a brush to remove any dirt OH not forgetting there was 3 of us staying in this room and only ONE toilet roll was put in just aswell we had wipes,not even a hair dryer in the room you get better quality at travel lodge for £19 a night!
the only thing that makes this place is the wonderful susan in the dining area always happy to help and so kind, food is horrid though!!! we shall not be back here and will defo not be recommending this hotel to anyone! they don't give a monkey specially house keeping! oh we also found a dusty receipt from back in may 2013 between our bed and bedside table how often do they pull those out I didn't want to look any further! we couldnt even open our window at anytime as the staff were sitting at our window smoking our room was honking the first night we had it opened! lesson learned!I did wonder why my hubbys company didn't have this hotel on their recommended list to stay!! BIG AVOID!

Room Tip: don't have anything nice to say about ur rooms im affraid
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank lucymorrison84

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Ellon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Superb service, great food. This is how all eateries should be. Top marks to the management and staff. Will be back for sure. No hesitation in recommending this establishment to anyone. All in all very pleasant experience.Q

Room Tip: Lunch only, no overnight stay
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ralph S
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for four nights while she was in Aberdeen on business and I was visiting family . The rooms are very nice , clean and have all the amenities you need . We had dinner and breakfast in the hotel and it was great food at a very good price . If you are looking for a five star hotel where you will be nameless , this is not the place for you . Instead you get a very homely feel where you are made to feel very welcome by all the staff who are fantastic , nothing is too much trouble for them . Will definitely stay there again .

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jenni H
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I booked a room on a tuesday night, very reasonable price, rooms very clean with all basics given. I had an evening meal which was delicious and at a very good price. Breakfast was excellent and the service even better. Talking to others in my company, all had the treatment and recommend better that some of the 4 star hotels we are put in. Well done and thank you for a great experience, we will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank robert m
Arbroath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed there on New Years eve, on the celebration package which worked out at £ 120 per couple for dinner bed and breakfast. There were 8 adults and 2 children in our party, in 4 rooms.

I have written to Greene King, the owners customer service dept and have been totally ignored. This does not surprise me, as customer care does not come high on their agenda. Firstly the rooms--- Our room was dusty, no light bulb in bedside light, we had to decant extra quilts and pillows which were stuffed into the wardrobe before we could hang up clothes and the bathroom and shower were overrun with mould. In speaking to other family members, our room was not an isolated incident.

The meal---- What was on the menu and what was "presented" to us was completely different. I had salmon which was meant to be served with prawns- no prawns, veg and potatoes undercooked. Not al dente, undercooked. Other complaints ranged from watery soup to a warm prawn cocktail !!
After waiting 30 mins with main course plates lying on the table, I went to the bar to enquire about our sweets. The barman told me to take our order at the table, and he would TRY to get someone to clear the table and bring the sweets. We then noticed our waitress who had been serving us since we arrived, had been changed and was now sitting at another table of fellow workers getting tore into the drink !!

We eventually got our sweets thrown at us, and we had to clear the table ourselves after. At breakfast time we were told to help ourselves to cereal, toast etc, and the girl apologised for the delay as the chef had not yet arrived. After 30-45 mins our breakfast orders were finally taken. They should not have bothered. Burnt offerings were the order of the day, totally inedible.

This hotel was booked as a family get together to celebrate New Year, one of the most important
dates on the Scottish calendar. All in all, it was a damn disgrace. The only person to come out of this with any credit was the night porter, (Jim ?) who was very helpful at all times.

Avoid at all cost !!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank fatbhoytim

Travellers are raving about these Aberdeen hotels

Blackpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

1 Night stay.
Working in Aberdeen, sometimes Rooms in Aberdeen can be difficult to get, Its a busy place and the petrolium industry tends to take an awful lot of rooms over the year and if your a last min booking you can often be taking a risk that you'll end up somewhere undesirable.
However this hotel was a pleasent surprise we didn't wave the breakfast option because we needed to be away very early. We did have our evening meal at the hotel and on a value for money front they do a meal deal that make very good value. I had a Lamb shank and enjoyed it very much. My room was comfortable but I did notice a light dust covering on my desk and a strange looking mark on the bathroom mirror. My shower was powerful and the bathroom well equipped but the shower cubical was designed really for disabled customers.
TV and drinks facilty were good and the bed was comfortable the noise levels from the corridor were acceptable and in a good way I did get a good sleep however I did wake up middle of the night but that was more me and my issues than the hotels. It was good to note that theres 24Hr staff available. The Parking was very good and theres a 24Hr garage over the road if you want any snacks etc.

Overall a great place to stay for the likes of me on a tight budget.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sean R
Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2013

It took so long to be seated,handed menu and drinks to be ordered that actually just walked out. Staff just didn't seem to be bothered and in the half an hour we did stay we saw 3 other tables send their food back for it being wrong or cold. We won't be back

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family