All reviews the executive lounge poolside room close to the airport swimming pool leisure area shuttle bus main restaurant the ground floor sized bed city centre rooms are spacious bit dated decent size business trip weekend break an overnight stay enjoyable stay
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Aberdeen Marriott is located in Dyce near the airport reather in the City centre. Howver the adavntage of this is that it is easy to get into town - a short drive and parking at the hotel is free.
The hotel itself is a 2 storey building which looks quite bland from the outside, however once you are through the doors it has the feel and look of a quality hotel. The lobby, bar and part of the restaurant look mock-baronial in style. As always at a Marriott, the rooms are spacious and well equipped with 32in flatscreen and a very very comfortable bed. The bathroom was quite small but was also well equipped and clean. The shower was excellent. We ate breakfast in the restaurant and the service and the food were great. Indeed all staff were friendly and welcoming.
The weekend rates can be very low - around £60 which makes the Marriott an excellent choice for a weekend break in Aberdeen.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2012

After spending an evening at Marriott hotel I must say I'm glad to be leaving! Although the hotel it self was adequate the restaurant is dreadful. For starters I had the crab cakes at 9.50 which were so over done it was like eating deep fried tissue seved with a salad with no dressing?? A slip up I thought then no need to make a fuss the lamb shank will surely be the star of the show. How wrong my thinking was. Initially everything looked fine untill I dug a little deeper and found the the texture of the mash reminded me of something......SMASH! Powdered potato! I was shocked the upon tasting the lamb shank it was clear that that was out of a bag as well. So for 18 pounds the chef only cooked a few pieces of broccoli and thought that was ok! Unbelievable! A 4 star hotel! I spoke with the server who was polite and returned with an apology from the chef, which was a clear admission of guilt. As far as I'm concerned there is a distinct lack of effort in this restaurant and I will NEVER eat there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Goodfoodrule
Reviewed 13 September 2012

This Hotel should only be considered as a business Hotel or as a guest at one of the weddings they hold here.

It is to far out of town to enjoy Aberdeen and there is nothing in Dyce.

The staff are great. There seems to be a pride in working here so that is very positive.

Rooms are clean and a very good size.

Lots of road noise and your early morning wake up are the aircraft taking off or people bumbling up the hallways for early airport check ins.

Breakfast is very good with excellant quality produce.

Even meals are over priced but good quality.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank cranjee
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I won a weekend break with breakfast on the Marriott facebook page hence why I stayed in this Aberdeen Marriott. Location wise it is not in Aberdeen but in Dyce which is 6 miles from the city centre. It is easy to get to by car and Dyce train station is a 10 minute walk away from it.

We were giving room 139 which is one where we had patio doors leading into the swimming pool and gym but no window. Hindsight I would ask for a room with a window as OH felt claustrophobic and we didn't have the option to open the window so used the air conditioning whenever we were in the room. Surprisingly the weekend was sunny and very hot in Aberdeen so it would had been nice to get fresh air in the room.

Room was clean and comfortable. A couple of issues which I let reception know when we checked out. The kettle kept boiling till you manually switch it off so it was faulty. And the patio door was jammed so I had to walked the long way back to my room after a gym session. We were also surprised that you are only given one shortbread packet each day to share and no hot chocolate. Only tea and coffee. A wee bit stingy.

I used the gym once and it was sufficient with enough gym equipment to keep most people happy. Space was used more for the swimming pool and I felt the gym was an afterthought.

Breakfast was a buffet style, help yourself deal which was good. Food was replaced quite often and staff were happy to accomodate your breakfast needs. The older lady who did breakfast service is a credit to the Marriott chain as she took time to chat to us and everyone else and was friendly and helpful.

We took the train to Aberdeen for the day on Saturday. 10 minutes walk from the hotel and if you ask reception they will give you a printout of the train times for you.

Room Tip: Remember there are room which don't have windows so ask for one if you like a room with a window.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights on business. The room was excellent; a good size and very clean. Unfortunately my window overlooked the gym / pool area so had to keep my curtains closed and therefore had no daylight. Restaurant and bar were excellent and I was surprised to see whisky as a porridge topping at breakfast! A couple of minor issues were no replacement of biscuits in my room ( until I asked) and flat tonic water for my vodka and tonic. A couple of good points were the free shuttle bus (very friendly driver) and the exec lounge.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing outside.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business