“Immaculately clean, relaxing time, great service!”

Aberdeen Marriott Hotel
Ranked #37 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Rooms, swimming pool, jacuzzi and sauna were all immaculate. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Had a lovely relaxing weekend.
Situated close enough to Aberdeen for shopping and night life but far away enough to feel you're not in a big city.
Had dinner in the restaurant, food wasn't cheap but the service was good and the food was delicious, well worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stayed two nights , very nice hotel ,very clean and tidy .Room was a good size and clean .
Had dinner the first night and it was really good and plentiful ,service was also good.
Breakfast was good also plenty of choice and food was warm ,better breakfast than most hotels I have stayed in .
Would go back here
Got this stay on a deal for£140 in the daily mail newspaper ,excellent value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I returned to this hotel (ajacent to Aberdeen Airport) as it is just opposite BP headquarters in Dyce, where I had some business. I would describe the hotel as being of average quality, but quite expensive - given its captive market. I only stayed one night this time - and for the first time tried the "gym" and pool. These facilities are sparse to say the least: The pool is nothing more than a splash pool - don't go there if you're expecting any kind of swim; likewise, the "gym" is the smallest I have ever seen, being shoe-horned in alongside the pool - with about half a dozen exercise facilities, each one uncomfortably close-coupled against the other.
On a more positive and appreciative note, the breakfast was excellent, the staff on reception were obliging and the room comfort was certainly adequate for a short stay.
Nonetheless, for a Marriott, the hotel has not much to say for itself. I'm glad though, that they've stopped charging extra to use the internet.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room when you book. Otherwise, you may find yourself on the side that faces the airp...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I walked up to the hotel with the impression that it was an old run down hotel but remembering the quote 'Never judge a book by its cover'.

Considering the hotel is 33 years old it is in immaculate condition.

I spent the morning in the pool, spa and sauna and the only thing I can say is that it lacks a steam room! Complimentary towels, soap, shampoo and conditioner. All you need to do is turn up with a swim costume! And cleanliness is great.

Afterwords I spend the afternoon relaxing having a in house Starbucks, decided to have food as even though it was quite expensive for lunch the food was excellent. My better half has an allergy and through experience most places don't take it seriously but the manager of the hotel came over to our table, told us of the substitute and guaranteed she was safe to eat.

Even though it wasn't an issue for me, the location is good for travellers.

I would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Aberdeen is so sheltered from the recession that you sometimes get the impression that hotels/restaurants etc don't have to try too hard. Not so here. Staff are great, the facilities first rate and whether for business or a leisure visit you could do a lot worse than visit this hotel. Bar and restaurant, rooms and breakfast are all of very good quality and I would not hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Just back tonight from a 2 night stay, we loved it. Stayed with our 2 kids and all had a fantastic time.
Service was excellent, all staff very attentive from the minute we chkd in, nothing was any trouble for them.
Food was very good, we had our evening meal included on our 1st night, no complaints, and breakfast, the best we have had in any hotel we have stayed in, vast selection.
Hotel is spotlessly clean. Bedroom was very spacious and beds extremely comfortable.
Pool area good, plenty of space, wasn't ever busy and open 6am - 11pm.
10 min walk to station then 10 mins into city centre, perfect location for us with plenty parking.
Hope to return sometime soon.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Ryan S
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This friendly,attentive and convivial hotel is a welcoming break compared with other hotels around Aberdeen Airport that I have stayed with. And I think I have stayed at most of them.The service was impecable and certainly there were no shortage of staff manning the hotel. The evening meal I had with a collegue was exemplary, tasty and reasonably priced and in convivial surroundings. The breakfast - well everything was there you could think of. The room was immaculate, clean and well proportioned with very comfortable linen, which is one thing I really like in a hotel bed. On the whole this would always be my choice if I were to stay again near the airport in Dyce. It's a liitle way from the airport, but that is only a minor point which I am happy to concede, but it is worth the short journey.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business