“FANTASTIC”
Review of The Filling Station - CLOSED

The Filling Station
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Filling Station coast to coast American restaurant and bar, has been created by a team of people who genuinely love good quality food, drinks and good times! No doubt you're thinking, well doesn't everybody want that? It's true many people do, but we have genuinely struggled to find somewhere that actually delivers all of these things. So our solution was simple - let's do it ourselves, the result is Filling Station. When it's cooked well using fabulous ingredients, nothing beats authentic American food. Very few can resist a cocktail mixed by a real bartender who knows exactly how to blend flavours to achieve a perfect balance of strong, weak, sharp and sweet
Reviewed 11 March 2014

great food! loads of choice on the menu, something for everyone! very fast service too! must go! enjoy!! :)

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

An amazing place to eat. During the week it's pretty quiet, which may put you off, but I love it.
Their lunch menu is amazing, two courses for 9.95 and there is a good variety , not that I've had anything other than the pulled pork bites for the starter. Yum. Garlic ciabatta bread topped with pulled pork and melted cheese. It's worth going for that alone.
They don't display desserts on the menu but ask, there's always something good - the brownie is heaven and their ice creams are amazing.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Visited with my friends on a day trip to Aberdeen and got what I expected. The food is just the standard pub type food that many of these chains serve. I ordered pizza and found it to be ok but a little expensive for the portion size. The service was standard too but overall we were happy enough. The Filling station is fine for a quick lunch,just don't expect anything special.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I went in with my girlfriend for a meal. The waiter greeted us with the generic "hi guys" and while I was trying to order he interrupted me 2 times. He was too busy to use his lines (same lines as he used at every single table).

My girlfriend ordered BBQ chicken melt which according to her was good.

I ordered American meatballs which was supposed to be from the Fajita menu. The waiter asked me whether I want chips with it, I said why not. After approx 40 minutes of waiting, while the pub (sorry I think if I would call it restaurant I would over rate it) was not really busy.

The guy who was supposed to be our waiter was dressed in street cloths (casual) and he looked nothing like a waiter. While we were there, he was giving people the menues, cleaning tables, touching the ice while I've never seen him washing hands.

After cca 40 minutes the meals arrived. I was surprised to find out that I've received Pasta instead of Fajita. I asked the guy to take away the chips since pasta with chips doesn't really go well and I pointed out that I was supposed to get Fajita and even the Pasta is cold. He asked me if I want the Pasta reheated. Whaaaaaat??? Pasta that just came out needs to be re-heated????? And do I pay ~£12 for re-heated pasta ???? He also said that he heard meatballs and he automatically presumed it is pasta....

Well anyway I was hungry so decided to eat the pasta and at the end when I asked for the bill the guy came around with "so was everything fine guys???". I told him that apart of having the wrong food and cold food no other complains. He tried to start a fake chat about further plans for the day on which I was not really interested to take part.

Definitely not going back again.... from now on if I want pub food I will go to a pub...

1  Thank Zsolt K
Gillian K, Public Relations Manager at The Filling Station, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Hi,

We are sorry to hear you didn't have a positive experience with us, we would like to find out more information could you contact us with your details and someone will be in touch.

Thank you for your feedback.

ashleigh.mooney@trgplc.com

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I was in for lunch with my fiancé on Saturday 25th January.
I've eaten in The Filling Station on and off since it came to Aberdeen about 10 years ago, over that time it's changed a few times. But now I must admit the place has changed for the better, they have removed all the American tack on the walls and roof and replaced with American pictures. The menu has been upgraded quite a bit and they have gone for the wooden plate / chips in a miniature bucket look for serving.
Ok its a chain restaurant with American style food but it is really good. They have a lot of offers on during the week and even the full price menu isn't too expensive.
The staff are all really friendly, the waiting time for food is good and the cocktails are very reasonably priced. I would say its a cheaper version of TGI's.... don't worry that's a compliment!

1  Thank defendertd5