“Really bad”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Food is rubbish. Not worth the money. Would not recommend to anyone......sorry wish I could write something positive!

1  Thank David M

Reviewed 22 May 2014

If you like Italian food then you are pretty well catered for in Aberdeen although quality and price vary widely. We have eaten in many of said restaurants and I would not hesitate to say that Pasta Plus is the pick of the bunch. This was our second visit and to prove that the first time was not a fluke.

It is basically a deli during the day that transforms into a very small restaurant at night; five tables with a sixth promptly setup when required. For this reason it is essential to book even on a week night, in fact when we visited on a Wednesday people were turned away. The waiter is the owner who clearly takes pride in his work, is attentive and adds to the atmosphere of the restaurant.

Food wise the menu is basic and small and as such I tend to order off the daily specials which change regularly. As others have said the Brushetta starter is excellent and recomended. The food is also basic but sometimes with food, less is more and it is certainly authentic Italian.

The espresso was top notch also.

If, like me, you want to support local businesses then this is an excellent place of an evening and you will not regret the experience.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to celebrate our anniversary here back in March and it was everything we expected from previous reviews. Aberdeen has a lot of italians but this italian gives you the experience of being in Italy; the service is absolutely amazing and you feel well at home. The owner greeted us on arrival and called my bf by his name the whole time we were there (special touch) and he gave us prompt and polite service. The food was gorgeous and you could tell it was home made. All round fantastic restaurant, glad hidden gems in Aberdeen still exist.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Having been in Aberdeen for 18 months I have eaten in a handful of good restaurants but always walked past Past Plus as it looked like a small cafe. Pasta Plus is a little gem. With only about five tables it is probably not easy to get a table, I visited on a week night early and had the place to myself for about 20 minutes before filling up and with several folks coming in for take away. I had a glass of 'house' red which was really nice. I ate three courses which is not usual. Starters were all very tempting, I chose good old bruschetta which was possibly the best I've had. My main was from special board, lobster ravioli, freshly made and again excellent and probably the best pasta I've had. I don't usually have dessert but it was all too tempting so I had panacotta, again excellent. Topped off with very smooth Italian coffee. It was first class food at a very reasonable less than £25. A great wee welcoming place I will visit again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

As good as an Italian restaurant gets in Aberdeen! service is fantastic, very welcoming, personal and friendly. wide selection of food etc, all of which is very reasonably priced considering the quality....very tasty indeed! Quaint, full of charm and not a chain! just a shame it isn't a tad bigger!

1  Thank jammiecowie