“Sadly Would Not Go Back In a Hurry”
Review of Granite Park

Granite Park
Ranked #39 of 675 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restaurant, Private dining room, bar, ideal for lunch, dinner, pre/post theatre, business, entertaining clients.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Sadly Would Not Go Back In a Hurry”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We chose Granite Park for my friends Birthday meal after hearing good things about this restaurant. On arriving we found the decor was nice and the restaurant presented well. We were the only people in the restaurant so were shocked to find service was quite slow. The menu was limited but had some very tasty choices including a pricey but tempting aged steak! I chose the scallops followed by the steak with pepper sauce. Unfortunately the scallops had at some point been cooked well they were cold when they arrived in front of me - not way I expected for a double figured price starter. The steak made up for this by being very well cooked but the peppercorn sauce was a bit off. Others had pudding but I chose an after dinner drink - unfortunately this was again a limited selection for such a fine restaurant. Overall experience was good but limited selection, slow service and high end prices would not make me want to go back soon.

6 Thank chrisjpaterson

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“A trendy pleasing restaurant that you can recommend with confidence”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Trendy restaurant set in a lovely period granite building. Lovely abstract art decorate the walls but it is not so modern that it would put you off if you are more conservative. The menu is not expansive but a nice mix between chicken, seafood and steak. Our stand out choices were the scallops, sea bream and steaks which were perfect.
Deserts were fantastic. Everything beautifully presented by impeccable table service. All in all of of the nicest dinners I have been to in a while. After dinner if you feel the need for a night cap, they gave a really nice atmospheric pub in the basement. Great choice for a special night out.

1 Thank Tjackson1210
Biggar, United Kingdom
“perfect setting”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had a dinner to celebrate daughter's graduation.
A recent review of this restaurant said that there was something missing and I think I have to agree. I'm just not sure that I can put my finger on what it is!
The decor is fresh and elegant. Although the room is not huge, there are lovely high ceilings and big windows looking out on to the elegant golden square.The background music was a wee bit too loud.
Service was attentive although the young staff did not seem to know the menu very well and muddled up the dishes when serving. Perhaps a little more attention to training is required.
We could not complain about the food as it was all presented beautifully. However, I would say it was a little over complicated and my duck was overdone; certainly not medium rare.
We finished our meal by having coffee downstairs and this seemed to take forever to arrive. So long that we considered going back upstairs to brew it ourselves.
Overall I think that this restaurant is good but it could be amazing. It has the setting and the ideas but it shouldn't rest on its laurels just because it gets lots of oil company business.

1 Thank drfw
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Excelent food but something missing”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I dined here with 7 friends on a Tuesday night and was impressed with the quality of food and the service provided by the staff. They were attentive but left us to enjoy our meal. There was however something missing, atmosphere. Its a shame because despite being part of a group of friends I felt a little uneasy due to the silence in the room, the choice of music did not help.

If it were possible I would have given 4.5 stars!

• Visited June 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Very good food, but somewhat limited menu”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great mid-priced restaurant that's traditional & cosy and perfect for business dinners or small get togethers. The food was very tasty and the portion sizes were very generous! The only downside to this restaurant was that the menu was quite limited without a lot of choice - the great food and lovely staff more then made up for it though.