“Stay clear”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aberdeen
Granville Guest House
Ranked #63 of 102 Aberdeen B&B and Inns
“Stay clear”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I booked a 2 night stay at Granville ,I arrived door locked took 10 min for somebody to answer door . When the guy answered door he was so dry asking wat I wanted ? I told him I was booked in he then just turned his back and walked back in to house I followed him in and I told him my name he looked at book and and said this is ur room I followed him into a room. He said to me MONEY ? I said can I pay card he said cash only in a ignorant manner ! I said no problem I will pop out later and get it for him ! I then asked how to put heating on .He looked angry and said to me if you don't like it here you can leave ? I could not Beleive my it ! I said no I do t want to leave I was fired and only wanted some heat in room as it was cold ? He said heating comes on at 5 and he does not book anybody in before 5 . Wen I booked I told the women on phone I will be arriving at 4 . He just kept saying you don't like it u can leave ! So I did . This place is a run down guest house with the most ignorant owner you will ever meet ! Stay clear !

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Easyoh

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I did stay there for copple of nights and I can say I never had beather slip then in this b&b the bed wos perfect , very clean and modern room , very nice people would recommend to every one to stay there.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Robert M
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Been staying at the Granville since January 2010.
Friendly Service always polite and welcoming.
Rooms have always been clean and fresh.
Both are always willing to help.
Will always stay there if possible when in Aberdeen .

Zoya

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Lea A
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Stayed here for 1 night and can't see me going there again. Place was a bit run down, the room was in need of redecorating and the sockets at the beds had multiple plugs in them. Not the best place I have stayed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Raymondo1951
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Been staying at the Granville since november due to work reasons and i can honestly say that the place is ace. Value for money, very friendly, clean and has been a pleasure living there. salamat (the owner) cant do enough for you. the rooms are cleaned daily.
I had a look at the previous comment and must admit that this kolona's comments are false, sounds like to me that he was the one smoking and didnt like the fact that its no smoking in the rooms and he was told not to, but still did it, you were given several warnings! (i heard you been asked nicely not to)
Anyway i would recommend this place to anyone. top marks

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank kevin d
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed at the Granville Guest House to complete my survivex course that was in the area nearby, when I arrived I was greeted with a very awkward and arrogant welcome. When I arrived in my room, the room was clean, the bathroom was filthy, hardened soap was all over the shower and sink, the shower had water marks all over the glass (it hadn't even been wiped since it was last used) and to top of matters my shower would cut out, when it finally went on, it stayed warm for minutes. For the price of the room I would of expected a decent breakfast, instead it was just cereal with no other options. The presence with the owner couldn't have felt any more cold and awkward. Infact - a man who was also staying got kicked out half way through his stay because he SMOKED OUTSIDE! Which was extremely hypocritical considering the owner smoked himself, and theyre was a smoking bin at the front door, present to where the man smoked. The owner threw the man his money in an appauling way and the man (who doesn't even stay in this country) had to find somewhere else to go last minute. Many taxi drivers, people from my course, guests all know about Granville's reputation. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Kolona
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Dyce has been becoming for two years my second working place in the UK and the Granville Guest House my second home. It was excactly two years ago when I staied here for the first time and I have to say that I was very lucky finding this between the tens guest houses that are located along Victoria Street. It was just by chance that i found a review, the first and the only one at that moment, of a guy that was describing this place as a perfect mix of important factors for a b&b which are service, good treatment and hospitality. I am now happy to confirm the words of that reviewer and associate my comments with all the other reviews that are now on tripadvisor.
I would first spend two words for the rooms and then a particular sentence for the owner:
rooms are very clean (clean towels every morning), soundproof, spacious and confortable; Salamat (the owner) is a special person. I wanted to dedicade a special sentence to him because he is part of the good reasons why to choose this guesthouse. After a hard working day it's always good to have someone to speak, and he always find the time to share a couple of minutes with his guests. It can also happen that he gives you a lift to the working place: it never happen during my stays in other b&b.
I would simply recommend this guest house to everybody. Really, a second home in Dyce.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business