“Heaven on earth with wonderful staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pure Spa & Beauty

Pure Spa & Beauty
Ranked #1 of 15 Spas & Wellness in Aberdeen
More attraction details
Owner description: We live for the time-starved individual, combining essential spa and beauty treatments in the same urban locations. Open late throughout the week with fully-accessible locations, our expert therapists are here for you even after your longest days! Located in Aberdeen's award-winning Union Square Shopping Centre, PURE Union Square adds a touch of relaxation in the heart of the city. Whether it's by car, bus or train, we pride ourselves in giving our clients an easily accessible escape. A brand you can trust, we are proud to hold several awards including UK Day Spa of the Year 2013. Whether you're a spa regular or beauty fanatic, we offer personally tailored experiences using industry-leading products such as Elemis and Leighton Denny. We also offer gift vouchers on the PURE webshop, ranging from beauty treatments to full day spa packages. With the spa experience only a click away, relaxation has never been easier!
Peterhead
“Heaven on earth with wonderful staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

I have had quite a lot of treatments from Pure Spa including a luxury massage, deluxe facial, deluxe manicure and pure pedicure along with having some time in the infra red sauna.
All of my treatments I have had Pure Therapist Kate, she is an extremely polite, friendly and helpful therapist and always makes me feel special!
I had my massage and facial together and the whole time was completely relaxed and pampered. My message was absolutely perfect, extremely relaxing. My facial was even better, Kate took the time afterwards to describe the treatment she gave my skin and gave me excellent tips which I have stuck to and my skin has never been better!
I booked in for an infra red sauna which was also excellent, the first 15 minutes I coped fine but did hover in and out the sauna for the last fifteen minutes (i've always been sensitive to heat, not a fault of the sauna). The staff were lovely and came in to check on me and ensure I had water.
I had the valentines mani-pedi package this evening (absolute bargain, grab it while its on) with Kate. I wasnt sure what to expect with the pedicure as I hadnt had one before but I have booked in for another. I was really pleased Kate made a beautiful job of my wee tootsies even though I had really shaky feet! Next my manicure, I was given flip flops for my feet (Great idea, saves smudges) and taken over to the manicure area. I have tiny hands and nails (my thumb nails are smaller than a 5p coin hehe) and every time I have had my nails done (outside Pure Spa) I always felt they looked so silly but Kate did a wonderful job of making my tiny bitten nails still look beautiful! :)
I mentioned to Kate I had meant to book in for my eyebrows to be waxed but completely forgot, she then managed to squeeze me in before her next appointment for my eyebrows to be waxed. Id like to point out she had worked all day back to back appointments and was working the rest of the night, some therapists I know wouldn't go to that effort! Everyone who has seen has commented on my eyebrows too so im super chuffed with them :) Kate is wonderful, I had asked her about other treatments and even though she was a Pure therapist (the beauty side) and not a spa therapist, she gave me excellent in depth information about all the treatments! I have now decided to have Kate do all my beauty treatments for the next forseable future.
I honestly, genuinely cannot understand where the previous reviews are coming from, I absolutely adore Pure spa and love going for a wee treat. Readers please don't judge the salon on the other reviews, go and see for yourself it is amazing. Cant wait for my next pedicure and facial!
Much love, Sophie-May x

Visited February 2014

Aberdeenshire
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Just Okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Myself and friend visited Pure Spa as part of a deal package and we found the experience "average". I'm glad we didn't pay full price of £100, because if we did, I would have been very disappointed.

We were greeted by very nice staff members, both very polite and friendly and this we couldn't fault. They explained our treatment, told us about facilities on offer and did so in a very professional way. Their robes and flip flops were clean and comfortable. However, they only gave us one locker as all others seemed in use. For two people, two lockers would be better.

The steam room was good, but quite small and only suitable for two people.

The Rasul Mud treatment would be in the steam room. Also very small for two people only. This was where it went downhill. The steam room is obviously meant to be hot, but the intense heat in this room made it near impossible to apply the mud. It just melted off us. My eyes were sore, we felt faint and I felt very close to passing out! We kept having to go in and out of the room. The treatment was meant to be 30 mins but I think we managed about 7.

The therapist kindly checked on us and ensured we had water, acknowledged the room was very hot and said it was no problem to cut it short, have our showers and go into the relax room.

The relax room was lovely and was the only time we really relaxed during our visit. We were not rushed or hurried at all.

Our skin did feel lovely after so I'm sure the small time the mud was on our skin did do some good!

The final problem was the fact no sockets were available for plugging in our straighteners! For two women who have frizzy hair, this was a disaster! All other spas we have visited have this basic facility, and for all those reasons, we would rather go to another spa next time I'm afraid.

2 Thank LL_Apple
PURE S, Public Relations Manager at Pure Spa & Beauty, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Hi there, thank you for your feedback — it's always welcome. We're extremely pleased that you found our staff so friendly. As for your issues, we have taken your feedback on board and will make improvements where we can. All the best.
Scotland
“Blissful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Behind the front shop lies an oasis of calm. Wehad the Razul Therapy, felt amazing afterwards, can highly recommend. Staff were lovely, really helpful and we will definitely return to repeat the Razul and try other therapies.

Visited January 2014
PURE S, Public Relations Manager at Pure Spa & Beauty, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Hi there! It's great to hear that you had such a cosy time in the sauna. Thanks for getting in touch, we appreciate it.
Stafford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A moment of calm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I have visited a few times now and very time it has been very enjoyable.

I fist went with my friend on a deal where we got massage, facial and time in the sauna. It was very relaxing and we were well looked after.

I also went to a hot stone back massage with my partner, which we both very much enjoyed, despite his reservations about being massaged!

The only comment I would have is that I would be nice to have a couples treatment room. When you book a couples package, you expect to be seen together, and to be taken off into separate rooms is a bit of a shame.

I also had a full wax here, which was done very well by a lovely caring therapist who put me very much a ease, despite the fact that I had never had a wax before.

Most recently I visited at Christmas for a mani-pedicure with my friend. Unfortunately our taxi was late, so we were over 30mins late for an appointment that was only supposed to be 30 mins! As it was Christmas and a bust night, they were unable to accommodate our whole treatment, but were kind enough to find us one therapist who did both our nails, and allowed us to save the pedicure for a later date. We really appreciated their flexibility in allowing us to do this, and can't wait to go back to claim the pedicure!

Overall, consistently good and relaxing.

Visited December 2013
PURE S, Public Relations Manager at Pure Spa & Beauty, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Hi there, thanks for such a stellar review.

It's great to hear that you enjoyed yourself — and that your partner got over his reservations! It's also really nice to hear feedback regarding the therapists and their flexibility. As busy as we get, we do try to please everyone! Thank you for your other comments; we will definitely pass these on to the correct parties.

Looking forward to seeing you again at PURE Union Square! :)
Neverland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Charmless”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I visited Pure Spa with my sister to spend vouchers I had been given at Christmas. (incidentally, I had decided to use the vouchers against products instead of treatments due to the less than positive reviews on TripAdvisor). We were greeted by a rather glum, unsmiling assistant who gave the impression that she would rather be elsewhere, I asked her for information with regard to the products on offer, she was a bit vague in her explanations but what really irked was that she stood and cracked all her knuckles, slowly and carefully as she talked! I asked her if she wanted to punch me (jokingly I may add!), she just looked at me, blankly. I chose a box set, more due to the advice from my sister, a beauty product aficionado, who was completely ignored as she browsed. While I appreciate that Pure Spa is well, a spa, not a shop, I felt that we were treated with such apathy & rudeness I would NEVER dream of going for a treatment there, buy any further products OR recommend it to anyone.

Visited January 2014
5 Thank Moira M
Hi Moira — thank you for taking time to feed back your experience. We are sorry that you feel that we did not provide the level of service expected. We have investigated the matter fully.

It was one of our management team that served you on the day. She has been with the company for 4 years and always receives incredibly good feedback from customers on our internal review system. She has been a fully qualified Spa & Beauty therapist since 2009 so has great product knowledge, particularly with Elemis.

Perhaps on this occasion your joke was misunderstood, regarding the punch.

We will of course see if we can learn any lessons from your comments and I do hope should you chose to visit again you would have a very different experience