The Marcliffe Hotel and Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$70
US$68
US$124
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
US$115
US$105
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Aberdeen West(Westhill)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$82
Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$75
US$78
US$75
US$121
US$91
US$105
All reviewsdrawing roomconservatory restaurantfudgeafternoon tealangoustinesgolf tripjunior suitemini barfillet steakfantastic staywaiting staffmain coursecooked to perfectioncity centrespenceloungewedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2013

we stayed for one night with my 2 sons on a golf trip. we arrived in Aberdeen from the states but our clubs were stuck in London. They couldn't have been for helpful. They tracked out bags, changed our tee times and the owner even lent us his golf shoes! very comfortable rooms. dinner was excellent with superb wine and scotch collections. Couldn't recommend more highly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jed k
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This Sunday lunch was a birthday lunch for a close friend.The meal was excellent a wide choice served well.We were a party of eight with a small child.everyone needs were catered for.nothing appeared to be too much trouble.My appetizer ,a duck confit and black pudding(the pudding which is everywhere these days) only needed a few potatoes to be a main course .It was excellent on its own and the main courses were also generous and truly tasty.The pace of the service was just right.So often staff annoy by topping up wine glasses in a very intrusive fashion.Not here !The staff were very attentive without being noticed.after the food we moved to the lounge where coffee and fudge/chocolates were served.A very comfortable welcoming room where we were allowed to tarry for as long as we wished.I was a guest so do not know what the bill came to(expensive I guess) but it was a great meal in outstanding surroundings( although there are I think rather too many plaques and photos of famous guests)
I

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Stayed here as a surprise from my other half as an anniversary present, as soon as I stepped in the door, I felt they had a great set-up. Location is beautiful and peaceful, we sat on the outside terrace having a drink, you feel like you are nestled in the middle of nowhere (as opposed to just off the main road!
On checking in the receptionist had every detail of our stay down to a tee, and re-confirmed the details of spa appointments/dinner. Our suite was lovely, comfortable sofa, plenty of space, and lovely fresh fruit as a welcome. The only slight downside was the bathroom, it really needs upgraded, the tiles and worktop for the sink are very 90's.
We both had massages in the spa, which was lovely, the girls in the spa were very welcoming, and my massage was great, I can't speak for my partner, but we were both very relaxed afterwards! No swimming pool here which is a definite downside given that you are a wee bit away from the nearest local pool.
We had dinner booked for 8, and arrived at the bar at 7.45, we didn't need to mention that we were there to have dinner, they knew, a nice touch that they clearly pay attention to who the guests are.
The waitress was attentive, and had a lovely manner, and the maitre'd was likewise. Seated for dinner in a timely manner, and proceeded to enjoy a lovely meal, very tasty. We both had steak which the Marcliffe is renowned for, and it did not disappoint, The dessert menu could perhaps be slightly improved, and unfortunately, we had a hiccup as a ordered the fruit crumble but it wasn't mentioned in the menu that the crumble contained nuts which I can't eat. My partner and I swapped desserts, and I'm sure they would have been happy to replace it, the waitress indicated this, but it maybe should be explained in the menu.
We were then asked if we would like to take coffee in the lounge, and then when it became colder the waitress asked if we wanted to move to another area of the lounge.
Overall, I couldn't fault the stay, although the 10.30 check out in the morning I felt was a touch early for my liking!
Would happily return, and feel it was good value for what we had as well.

Room Tip: We stayed in the drum suite, its above the door, so might cause problems if there were a wedding on!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed here on Saturday night and although they were busy with a wedding and other functions the service, as always, was excellent. Dinner in the restaurant was delicious as was the breakfast. The staff are young but very well trained and a delight. We stay at the Marcliffe occasionally as a treat and we have never had a bad experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank hjoanc2013
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

I eat here reasonably regularly and have never had a bad experience - lovely food, beautiful hotel and professional, helpful staff. Highly recommended for anything from a light lunch with friends to a special event.

• Stayed: March 2013