“Classy spot for lunch on a rainy day”
Review of Molly's Bar

Molly's Bar
Ranked #189 of 699 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Scottish, Central European, British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Aberdeen Douglas Hotel has been welcoming guests since 1848 and in recent years has re-established itself as one of Aberdeen's premier hotels. As an independently owned, family-run business with friendliness and efficiency at it's heart - our experienced staff will do everything to make your stay in the Granite City, now Oil and Gas Capital of Europe, a truly enjoyable experience. The hotel is located in the heart of the city centre, just a stones throw away from Aberdeen Bus Station and Aberdeen Train Station. Close to the whirl of city life, just off Union Street in the Merchant Quarter area - The Aberdeen Douglas Hotel is the perfect location to enjoy the very best of Aberdeen whether visiting for business or leisure.
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Spent a rainy day in Aberdeen, and Molly's Bar was within a stone's throw of the Maritime Museum and looked like a good spot for lunch. Attached to the Douglas Hotel, the bar was very stylish - so nice that I thought twice about taking our horde of youngsters, but they were made most welcome. Food was OK, but pretty average choice. Service was very friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Having used this restaurant twice while staying at the Douglas Hotel I must say the second time was better than the first. The first time I had the pork loin. This was a dry piece of meat, with dry black pudding, and the mash had a crust almost as if it been sitting on the plate for a while! A proper sauce rather than the apple sauce that comes with it would be nice. On the second visit I had the special Chargrilled chicken with a creamy sweet chilli sauce. This was a very good choice. Moist chicken, and the sauce was lovely! One minor complaint about the menu, the choice of starters could be slightly broader, one too many fish dishes are on it!

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Was off to a bad start straight off.

I checked into the next door Douglas Hotel 9.30pm as my train had been delayed, so ended up sitting down at a table around 10pm. I was under the impression that the restaurant was open later than that, but the waitress informed me that it was actually just about to shut for the night.

I managed to convince her that I was just after a quick snack, so ordered the sharing nachos - but as a single portion.

Considering the kitchen was probably already closed the food turned up really quickly and was of top quality. I was impressed with how good it was and how large the portion was for a single!

Staff here a bit strange. The waitress I was dealing with was fantastic, really friendly and attentive... but another waitress would hover in the doorway, move things about and I noticed her giving me a very scowling look a couple of times. Very strange!

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Visited on st Patrick's day with a table for 10. We opted for the Sunday carvery. It's was very well priced, the lamb casserole was delicious. The service was warm and welcoming, and they were very tolerant of the children. A good experience, will be returning

Reviewed 18 March 2013

We stayed at the Douglas for a week,in our room the info said the hours of operation mon to sat were 11 am till 24:00,so we went to eat at 10 pm only to be told they were closing even though the rooms have them advertised as being open till 12!