“the best eggs Benedict ever!”
Review of Fifis

Fifis
Ranked #26 of 27 Coffee & Tea in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“the best eggs Benedict ever!”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

It is a small coffee shop,they do breakfast and lunch,great eggs Benedict,great quesadillas,and great soup of the day!Friendly staff and nice atmosphere!I highly recommend if you re in Rosemount area try this place.

• Visited October 2013

Aberdeen, Scotland
“Food is okay but service terrible”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stay in Rosemount and love going to any of the cafe's in the area at the weekend for breakfast. I have now been to Dulcia 3 times and as the food is quite nice, each time I have forgiven it the service and returned. I probably won't again though.

On our most recent visit, we waited for ages to be served by either of the waitresses who kept walking past us. My partner eventually went up to the counter and ordered that way.

We then sat there waiting patiently for our coffees. Meanwhile, a couple of ladies who were friends with one of the waitresses appeared and the service was completely different. They were waited on hand and foot and even received their coffees while we had ordered 15 minutes earlier and were still waiting.

Our food came out and the waitress laid these down.. STILL no coffees!! She then went to make these and they arrived after we'd eaten half of our food.

The food is nice here, freshly made and good-sized helpings. However, after we finished our food the plates sat there and sat there and sat there.. while the ladies who were friends of the waitress received their food, more coffees and had their plates tidied away immediately.

Eventually, we went up to the counter again and paid our bill. I wouldn't say this place is exactly value for money, a bit expensive but if the food AND service was good, I wouldn't mind paying.

To recap, the food is nice but without decent service and value for money, there are plenty of other cafe's in Rosemount I'd rather visit.

• Visited October 2013
“Lovely Afternoon Visit”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Me and 7 friends met here last Saturday for a girlie lunch. We were seated in a table in the corner near the toilets, which was not an issue as we had plenty room. We had booked in for afternoon tea, at 2pm, but 4 of us ended up wanting to order off the menu, which the staff had no problem with. The girls who went for the afternoon tea were given a cake stand full of lovely wee sandwiches, one full of various cakes, and an extra tray with scones and chocolate covered strawberries. The 4 of us who ordered off the menu had a haloumi, bacon & tomato salad, a cheese & ham wrap, a mexican wrap and a bowl of stovies which came with oatcakes and beetroot. All really lovely. The afternoon teas came along with a choice of hot drink, but we had all brought bottles of fizz with us, as this is a "bring your own booze" place, which charges a very reasonable corkage. The place itself was clean and bright (but far too hot), and the three girls who were working were really pleasant and helpful. My only piece of advise, don't do what I did and pop your head around into the kitchen area to ask for balsamic, as its carnage round there (although still clean). I believe it's only open until 5pm just now, but would highly recommend for a breakfast or lunch visit. Will go again.

• Visited September 2013
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

I went to Dulcia for lunch with a friend. The cafe has a lovely atmosphere very warm and friendly. The menu has a good selection to suit all tastes. Waitress was an older lady who was very welcoming and helpful. I had a bagel, with scrambled eggs and salmon it was beautiful. It was a generous portion and served quickly. We stayed for a while chatting we weren't put under any pressure to leave even after we finished out lunch. I will defiantly be back and I will be recommending this place for lunch.

• Visited August 2013
“Sunday Breakfast”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

With the sun shining on a Sunday morning my self and my girlfriend decided to go out for breakfast and after a short walk ended up at Dulcia , place was bright and lively for late morning, the orders were taken quickly and the staff friendly and the atmosphere relaxed , I ordered the works and my girlfriend a toasted breakfast muffin , the quality of the food was high and portions good, we both cleared our plates , and agreed that if we go out for breakfast again this would be our first point of call !

• Visited August 2013