“Very good”

The Aberdeen Altens Hotel
Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Facilities at the hotel are excellent but my room was just a bit average due to the fact the window didn't stop the road noise and also there was no plugs next to the bed for to plug my sleep apnea machine in,food was quality and gym and swim facility's were quality,room was clean and big enough,just minor problems,staff were very helpfull as well,maybe the other rooms are better.

• Stayed: April 2014
VickyStephenson, Manager at The Aberdeen Altens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Bugkid

Thank you for your feedback, following your stay with us at Thistle Aberdeen Altens.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found the leisure facilities to be good quality.

I was sorry to hear that you had a disrupted night sleep due to the road noise. If you contact us prior to your next stay at the hotel, we will endeavor to allocate you a room to the back of the hotel. We can also ensure that your room has a plug socket next to your bed.

Thank you for your comments with regards to the food and service at the hotel. I will ensure that they are passed on to the team.

We are launching a new grill menu this week, which will be available in the Restaurant and Bar. All grill items are sourced from our local butcher.

I look forward to welcoming you back Thistle Aberdeen Altens in the future.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,641)

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

My partner and I have stayed here a few times now while visiting friends in Aberdeen. We will be using this hotel every-time from now on! Rooms are lovely, food was yummy, staff were helpful and very polite and location is perfect for the motorway as well as getting into the centre of town.

• Stayed: March 2014
VickyStephenson, Manager at The Aberdeen Altens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear FCowe

Thank you for your five star review, following your stay with us at Thistle Aberdeen Altens!

It is great to hear that you and your partner had an enjoyable stay with us, and that we are now your hotel of choice when visiting your family in Aberdeen.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Good value night, the food was great, and room was comfortable and clean. Breakfast the next morning was well organised and enjoyable.
Check in and out friendly and efficient.
.......................................

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Laura M

Thank you for your five star review following your stay with us at Thistle Aberdeen Altens!

It is great to hear that your party had such an enjoyable time at one of our Tribute nights. We do hold a number of these events over the year, with our next being "Party Night with Take This"
on Friday 16th May.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Thistle Aberdeen Altens in the near future.

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed with my 8yr old. We were upgraded to an executive suite which meant a double bed each! Swimming pool ample size for our needs. Dinner and breakfast food and service excellent. Free parking. 5min drive to Pleasure beach. Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear KidzDaysOut

Thank you for your five star review, following your stay with us at Thistle Aberdeen Altens.

I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable time at the hotel, and enjoyed your upgrade to one of our Executive Double Double bedrooms.

It is also great to hear that you enjoyed both your breakfast and evening meal in the hotel. I will ensure that your positive comments about our food and service are passed onto the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Thistle Aberdeen Altens, the next time you are in Aberdeen.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

When i was there which was just after their major remodeling project. The hotel in general was nice. The WiFi is free for a number of hours. The restaurant is where I found things to be poor. The breakfast was as expected and good in general. It was the evening meals. The quality ws poor for the price charged. I finally just had the steak each night I had to eat in. I normally would walk across the street to Burger King instead.
If you stay here have a rental car as nothing to do is less than a Cab ride away. This is a business park area only.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
VickyStephenson, Manager at The Aberdeen Altens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Mjaye65

Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us at Thistle Aberdeen Altens.

I was very disappointed to learn that you were not entirely satisfied when you joined us in our restaurant. Our chefs work hard to deliver a menu which is executed using high quality ingredients. Please be assured that we have a Duty Manager on hand 24 hours a day who I am confident, had they been made aware of your dissatisfaction, would have been more than happy to try and rectify any issues. Please accept my apologies if you found our usual high standards to be lacking on this occasion.

It is great to hear that you made use of our fast, free WIFI whilst staying with us. We do offer complimentary high speed WIFI in all bedrooms and public areas in the hotel, with no time or download restrictions. This was introduced last year and has been greatly received by our guests.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed for 2 nights to attend the open day at aberdeen uni. Following the sat nav directions to the hotel we managed to miss the actual hotel (dont know how it was huge) and ended up in the nearby industrial estate confused. We arrived and were upgraded into a queen room which was great. The hotel is lovely inside but my daughter was a little spooked about the long corridors which reminded her of The Shining. For me though it just added to the charm. We didnt have time to use the swimming pool which was housed in an extension and we were told rather sternly that we needed a letter from the reception which we hadnt been given! We felt like we'd been caught red handed trying to use the facilities for free but im sure it would have been resolved easily if wed had time to use the pool. Breakfasts were really good but we had to pay seperately which increased the costs of the stay but all in all it was very good value for money. The restaurant food appeared quite deer but interestingly the room service seemed to be the same menu and prices. For our purposes it was an ideal hotel and easy to get to and my daughter loved the university so we might well be staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Miriam B
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Back in Aberdeen for the first time in many years. Stayed at the Altens property and had a very comfortable room which had been recently refurbished .Good comfortable king bed with excellent linen and pillows .Front desk staff were very efficient and helpful and went out of their way to help with airline reservations . All in all a pleasant and comfortable stay .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear VSP NorthWest

Thank you for your great review following your stay with us at Thistle Aberdeen Altens!

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed a pleasant and comfortable stay with us. I will ensure that I pass your kind comments on to the team.