Checked in late and greeted by pleasant and helpful receptionist. Bedroom typical budget hotel standard, clean room and very comfortable bed. No complaints apart from lack of sound insulation between rooms and WiFi too weak a signal to enable me to connect to it. Snoring from next room thankfully stopped after a while.
Having read the previous reviews I was not surprised but just as disappointed as other contributors at the breakfact experience. Told to sit down anywhere and could only find a table still to be cleared. When waitress finally attended she did not clear or clean the table, instead piling the remains from two previous guests onto one side of the table to make room for my breakfast. (See photo) Whilst waiting for my breakfast to arrive, both she and another waitress walked passed the table several times and did nothing. Man in suit, presumably restaurant manager came by and removed some but not all of the debris, and so when breakfast arrived it was deposited on the unclean table, on top of the spills and crumbs from previous guests and I still sat there looking at the remains of their tea pots and plates. I only ordered a bacon roll and tea, and from the time of sitting down at the table to the point it arrived, it took fully 30 minutes. Thankfully, having read earlier reviews, I had allowed for this but many other guests were having to chase staff as they were in danger of missing flights. Probably the worst breakfast experience I have had in ANY hotel. So, if you need to stay at Aberdeen airport and have to stay at the Speedbird, then, if you can get it, take a room-only deal and have breakfast in one of several cafes in the terminal building all of which looked clean and inviting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Speedbird Inn is one of the most popular hotels at Aberdeen Airport and is perfectly placed only 350m from the terminal building. The hotel lives up to its location too, with fantastic modern interiors that offer a warm welcome to any traveller! A winning combination of high standards and quality amenities that you would expect from a top airport hotel, as well as a customer focused and service driven approach towards our returning hotel guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Speedbird Inn, Aberdeen Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Speedbird Inn, Aberdeen Airport Hotel Dyce
- Speedbird Hotel Cults
- Speedbird Inn, Aberdeen Airport Scotland