We arrived late at the Speedbird and were met by a very pleasant girl at the reception. She couldn't do enough for us. Room was clean and quiet. I cannot fault it.
Next morning we went over for breakfast and although it was nice and clean enough, the waiter was a bit blase. In fact I would say cocky. He took our order and within a minute it was served (along with the bill). After a minute my wife noticed we didn't get any eggs, she asked our esteemed waiter who informed us that they had "run out". A breakfast bar run out of eggs at 8am in the morning? The breakfast itself was poor at best, 2 small rashers of bacon, 1 sausage, 1 hash brown, mushrooms and a dollop of beans. I reckon it cost less that £1 to make. When it came to paying, my wife informed the waiter that due to the lack of eggs she was only paying £15 (still way over the top). After humming and hawing, phoning and speaking to the "chef" he accepted this. Take my advice, walk the 300yards and go to Wotherspoons for food!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Speedbird Inn is one of the most popular hotels at Aberdeen Airport and is perfectly placed only 350m from the terminal building. The hotel lives up to its location too, with fantastic modern interiors that offer a warm welcome to any traveller! A winning combination of high standards and quality amenities that you would expect from a top airport hotel, as well as a customer focused and service driven approach towards our returning hotel guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Speedbird Inn, Aberdeen Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Speedbird Inn, Aberdeen Airport Hotel Dyce
- Speedbird Hotel Cults
- Speedbird Inn, Aberdeen Airport Scotland