“Speedbird Inn”

Speedbird Inn, Aberdeen Airport
Ranked #51 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We just wanted to say how happy we have been staying at the Speedbird Inn in the past. It is so convenient to the airport.. We will be staying there again the first part of December for one night. However, our departure on the 29th allows only rooms of higher prices.Thus we will stay with family before we have to fly out in the morning. We will return again. We now have two of our children with families living in the Aberdeen area. Thank you very much Speedbird Inn for your clean rooms and good service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Frank W, General Manager at Speedbird Inn, Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for your kind words about the Speedbird Inn, much appreciated.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in December.

There are newer reviews for Speedbird Inn, Aberdeen Airport

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here before and after a few nights in Paris. We left our kindle in the room by mistake and they kindly sent the courtesy bus to deliver it to the airport. On our return we had great tasting fish and chips in the restaurant. Good cheap parking as well.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 19Graham68

Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your stay at the Speedbird Inn. It is great to read your comments. Look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I have reluctantly stayed there a few times for business reasons. The bedrooms are extremely basic, the shower in all of the bathrooms I have stayed in are a waste of time (a low powered sprinkle). On one occasion I was given a for incapacitated persons, so I slept on a cotton sheet with a plastic sheet underneath, the bathroom sink was tiny. The bar was full, but full of men on there way to the oil rigs. The breakfast was OK, but very busy, I felt sorry for the over worked staff. In general very poor value for money !!!

Room Tip: Refuse to stay in the very basic rooms!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank PMc169

Thank you for your review after your recent stay. I'm sorry to read that you found your experience to be poor value for money.

Unfortunately I do not understand your comment about plastic mattress protectors as the hotel does not have these in any bedroom. Poor water pressure is not a comment that the hotel has been aware of in the past. However, you've indicated that you stayed in a disabled friendly room, so the maintenance team will be able to check all those rooms to make sure that there's nothing wrong.

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Had an early morning flight on the Monday morning so stayed at the Speedbird hotel on the Sunday night. Excellent room spacious, clean, fresh, well appointed and excellent bathroom. Very good restaurant next door serving excellent evening meals and breakfast. Courtesy bus from the Dyce railway station to the hotel. All in all very good value for money and the best airport hotel I have stayed in.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Frank W, General Manager at Speedbird Inn, Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Speedbird Inn. Great to read your review, which will encourage the hotel team in their approach to looking after our customers.

Thank you.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have stayed in the Speedbird on a few occasions simply because of its location to airport and car hire. Each time I arrive with optimism that things will have improved and each time I have been disappointed. The rooms are basic - even the club rooms, and impersonal. The bed in the club room is a basic double, I would have expected at least a king. No comfy topper on the mattress so less of a comfy sleep. The restaurant is lacklustre with dark wood dated furniture. The service is adequate and the food even less so. I have on previous occasions had to return dishes as inedible. On this occasion, the food was just about edible. They did not have the sea bass so ordered the tiger prawns and ginger noodles. Some of the prawns were not cooked and as for garlic bread, I had a first - two slices of toasted whole meal bread with I presume garlic butter spread over them. Additionally, I had to point out to the waitress the seriously short measure on the red wine. It's not that this hotel is inexpensive, far from it, but it certainly is not value for money. Will remind myself of this feedback the next time I need to stay and will definitely book elsewhere

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Loraine C

Dear Lorraine,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read that you were unhappy with your stay last Thursday night. The Supervisor and Head Chef remember your feedback about your prawns after you finished your meal. This surprised them, as your feedback when we checked during your meal was OK. Your garlic bread was white bloomer bread, toasted with garlic butter - we don't use wholemeal bread for this side order.

Your feedback indicates that you may not return to the hotel, which would be a shame. If, however, you choose to return then please don't hesitate to tell the team at the time if there's anything we can do to improve your experience, as you did with the wine measure. I am sorry that you were not initially served a proper measure; rest assured that the Attendant who served you has been reminded of this.

I do hope that we see you again, and I look forward to your subsequent feedback.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Arrived quite late on a flight from London, called for the shuttle bus which arrived no problem, had issues with this before and had to get a taxi. Check in pleasant. Had a drink in the bar, where the barman was a jolly soul.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Frank W, General Manager at Speedbird Inn, Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for your second review of the Speedbird Inn. Appreciate your feedback and hope to see you next time.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

If you have a reason to stay overnight at Aberdeen Airport, the Speedbird is a good choice. It is a couple of minutes walk from the terminal and is clean, quiet and comfortable. At £65 per night B&B, I thought it was good value for money. I particularly appreciated being able to check in and occupy a room at 10.00 am, which allowed me to freshen up before my meeting. I also enjoyed the opportunity to order fish and chips from the restaurant and eat it in my room. The staff were helpful and pleasant in both reception and the restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Frank W, General Manager at Speedbird Inn, Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Guy,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay. Glad we were able to look after you. You're welcome to check-in to the hotel in the morning whenever you stay here, provided the the hotel has a clean room ready. If not, it doesn't take long to prepare a room for anyone who arrives early in the day.

Hope to see you on your next trip to Aberdeen.