“very enjoyable”

The Spires Serviced Apartments
Manchester, United Kingdom
“very enjoyable”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Excellent apartment (12). Family of 5 adults and 2 month old baby. Plenty of room and facilities excellent. Spotlessly clean. Staff were very helpful. Would definitely recommend it and would stay here again. Negatives are - no lift so carrying cases and baby items to top floor was an inconvenience but probably helped to minimise weight gained from overeating for four days. No mirror in twin room as mentioned by another reviewer. Such a small item which would cost very little and add such a lot for a group which includes ladies wanting to do hair and make up as I and my two daughters did. Overall very happy and enjoyed our stay very much. Also pleased with the kitchen items such as tea coffee sugar wasing up liquid etc.

Room Tip: If you have mobility difficulties make sure you mention this when booking so you are not on a floor...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
TheSpiresManagement, Guest Relations Manager at The Spires Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on your recent stay with us at The Spires Aberdeen

I am thoroughly pleased to see you a very enjoyable stay. I will pass on all your comments to our team which i am sure they will be pleased to hear. We take great pride in ensuring our guests receive the best service and experience.
In regards to your comments about the mirrors, this is something we are looking into improving.
Our reception team enjoy helping guests no matter how small or big. If guests need help with luggage etc we will be happy to assist, although you are correct – we always strive to allocate low floors to people of have any issues with mobility.
Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future
Accommodation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Yorkshire
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Just returned from visit to Spires at Aberdeen. A family trip to visit my new grandson. Booked an apartment for 4, first impression was stale smell - it overlooked the main road and the local chip shop! There was no hi fi despite being advertised on website. Unable to access the wi fi. No mirrors apart from in bathrooms. Fan system not working in house bathroom. No wardrobes in master bedroom. The apartment was in need of refurbishment - decoration/hole in kitchen lino/stains on carpet. Definitely not 4 stars! Did not live up to description on website.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Good Morning,

I am sorry you were disappointed in your recent stay with us at The Spires Aberdeen. We take pride in ensuring our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay.
Our Apartments are based in a very popular and sought after part of Aberdeen. We do have a number of apartments facing away from the main road. Guests can request quiet rooms before arrival or at check in where we will do our best to offer this request.
We don’t provide complimentary wifi, however guests can Purchase wifi from our internet provider G5. All information on this is currently available in the guest directory in the apartment and the arrival pack each guest receives.
We are in the process of decorating all of our apartments at the moment in order to freshen them all up. This can take some time due to high demand for accommodation in Aberdeen.
We provide a faults sheet in our arrival pack where guests can inform us of things they feel is not satisfactory. This helps us as it ensures problems are fixed promptly.
Again I would like to apologise that your stay was not satisfactory but thank you for the feedback and opportunity to improve.

Accommodation Manager
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Just returned from a five night stay in apartment 49 which is two bed. Perfect for our stay as we were in Aberdeen for my daughters wedding so 2 couples used the apartment.

Everything you need is provided for a relaxed stay - much prefer this style rather than hotel/b&b as you have the space to relax if you want, cook if you want etc. there is a decent sized co-op and a Tesco express within 2 mins walk and a chip shop right next door!! around when delivered

Friendly staff - We had organised a Tesco online shop and reception had offered to take this up for us were we not- good location would definitely recommend.

Suggestions for improving (which we mentioned when checking out) was that the apartment could do with a mirror in the twin bedroom as only one in the bathroom(which got a bit steamy) and one in the double room) made getting ready for the wedding a little awkward.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
TheSpiresManagement, Guest Relations Manager at The Spires Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Good Afternoon Mrs Leslie,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your recent stay with us at The Spires Aberdeen.

I enjoy hearing that guests have enjoyed their stay and been able to relax in the apartments. As you have mentioned we try our best to provide everything we can for the guests to enable them to have a home from home environment. Our Apartments are spacious and able to sleep from 1-6 people depending on the apartment type you reserve.

Thank you for your comments on the friendly staff I will pass this on to the team which I am sure they will be pleased to do. We are trying to promote this service to our guests should they wish to have groceries delivered we can easily place them in the apartment.

In regards to the suggestions you spoke to my colleague about, we have took this onboard and we are now looking to provide extra mirrors in all the bedrooms within the apartments. We greatly appreciate any suggestions from guests that may to help improve the service and apartments.

Finally I would like to thank you again for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I travel to Aberdeen on Business every week and have stayed in many of the hotels available. I decided to try the Spires since they were very competitively priced when compared with the likes of Premier Inns, Holiday inns in the area.

I stayed in a one bedroom apartement which I was very pleased with. It had everything I needed including a modern kitchen with modern applicances. Regular travellers get bored of hotel life and the Spires offers you the opportunity to live as you would at home. Its pretty much next door to a large co-op and there are various fast food options around.

The reception staff are friendly and any requests are dealt with efficiently. The apartment suite was secure and it looks like that are all part of secure blocks, so it feels very safe.

I will definitely be chosing the Spires again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
TheSpiresManagement, Front Office Manager at The Spires Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to Review The Spires Aberdeen.
I enjoy hearing that guests have enjoyed their stay and found our apartments as you quote a home from home, this is what we aim to achieve with all our locations while still receiving the service of a hotel. As you found we are in a popular part of the west end of Aberdeen with the bonus of being a short distance from the main city centre street.
Aberdeen is a very busy destination during the week due to us being the oil capital, our sales team take spend a lot of time ensuring guests receive the best possible rate in line with the demand in Aberdeen. We offer affordable self catering apartments to enable guests to have a more relaxed and comfortable stay after a busy day at the office.
I am pleased you found everything you needed in your apartment and found them to be secure. We always try to provide everything we can possibly think of to ensure our apartments are to the highest standard possible. Also we are always thinking of ways to improve security and to improve aspects of the apartments.
I will pass on your comments to all our reception team they will be pleased to hear your comments, our reception team take pride in offering a friendly service and don’t hesitate to help guests when required.
I would like to thank you again for your comment and look very much to welcoming you back in the
Jackie Forysth
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have recently returned from a two weeks stay in The Spires. Its absolutely brilliant.

My apartment was large, very clean and had everything I could have needed and more in it (well maybe other than a wooded spoon, but that wasnt a deal breaker).

Receptin staff were very very helpful the couple of times I needed to go over. In terms of location, its great. I walked pretty much everywhere during my time there. Small supermarket next door, retail park at the bottom of the hill. It felt very safe which was important given I was there on my own.

I honestly cant recommend them enough. I'd definately stay here again. Much better option that a hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
TheSpiresManagement, Guest Relations Manager at The Spires Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Spires Aberdeen

I am very pleased to see you had as you put it a brilliant time in our apartments.

We pride ourselves on being able to offer the service of a hotel but with the comfort and flexibility of a fully fitted and spacious serviced apartment. I will note your request of wooden spoons to the accommodation manager.

I am glad to see you found our reception staff helpful. We would like to help our guests in the best way we possibly can to ensure there stay is relaxing as possible.

I am pleased you found the location great. We are in a good location for Aberdeen being classed as the west end of the city centre. We have several local amenities around us but with the added bonus of only being a short distant from the main city centre street.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Spires Aberdeen in the future

Cullompton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I found this a very pleasant stay for six nights while I was on a course in Aberdeen. I much prefer the self catering to staying in a hotel room, there is a lot more freedom to cook, clean, potter around and generally fend for yourself.
Reception staff were pleasant and helpful, and although the recption building is only a short walk away the phone number for reception actually goes through to their head office (only wanted to confirm a taxi had been booked) so a direct line would have been useful.
I arrived after hours and the instructions were emailed to me 48 hours prior for letting myself in and were very clear.
Some damp and spots of mould in the bathroom, and some inherent grubbiness in the kitchen owing to years of use but nothing that anybody except picky people would complain about. Overall the facilities, appliances, equipment and living space were good quality. I would definately stay here again over any hotel for business trips.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs if you don't like traffic noises outside your windows.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review The Spires Aberdeen.

I am pleased to see you have had a pleasant stay with us and found our staff to be helpful. We strive to ensure each guest receives the care and attention they would expect from a hotel but with the flexibility and comfort of a fully fitted serviced apartment.

When calling reception you do go through head office, this is the case for all our locations. The reason for this is to ensure that calls are answered in a timely manner, and, are directed to the relevant department. We believe it is better to have a call answered and transferred as opposed to a call being unanswered due to the reception staff being away from the desk or on a separate call.

I am glad to see you found our express check in service easy and the instructions clear. We spend a lot of time making sure guests have the information they need in advance so they can enjoy their stay with us from the minute they arrive.

We are also in the process of looking to see if there is a more efficient and quicker way to help with express check in.

Our apartments are going through an ongoing refurbishment and maintenance work where required. Due to our high occupancy levels the apartments and public areas can get tired looking however we operate a rolling maintenance scheme to monitor and rectify these issues as quickly as we can.

With regard to the traffic noise we do have a limited number of apartments that are located down the residential streets which are quieter, and I would recommend requesting one of these on your next stay.

While it is not always possible to fulfil all requests we can certainly make every effort to accommodate guest requests.

I would like to thank you again for staying with us at The Spires Aberdeen and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regard
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Beds very comfortable, slept like a log even being on ground floor and adjacent to road.

Rest of apartment well presented, minor areas could do with brush of paint, but not unexpected with high turnover of guests.

Would definitely use again.

WDA

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
TheSpiresManagement, Front Office Manager at The Spires Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review The Spires Aberdeen.

I can see from your review that you found our mattresses to be comfortable. We work closely with a local manufacturer of beds to ensure all our guests have as comfortable a sleep as possible.

With regards to your comment on some areas that are beginning to look a bit tired. We are in the process of working our way round the apartments to redecorate where required.

i am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay and would stay with us again. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Spires Aberdeen in the future.