“Spoon”

Price range: US$7 - US$27
Cuisines: British, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: The rear of these premises opens out onto Justice Mill Lane, which takes its name from two medieval mills situated in the vicinity of the early courts of justice.
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My husband ordered me a hot chocolate, girl that served was really pleasant, ask my husband to get a teaspoon & the man behind the bar said I'm too busy then proceeded to stand about the bar doing nothing, I approached the duty manager & explained the above pointed out the employee & asked does he look busy to you, the manager apologized & showed me where the spoons were, was it really that hard for the guy to say the spoons are over there, if I was the manager he would be made to apologize to the customer himself.

1  Thank carolinewatson1

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The staff refused to take any responsibility or ownership when my friend discovered her onion rings to actually be full of powder, the hot dogs weren't cooked properly and the fish cold. When a member of staff was approached they said they'd sort it. This staff member did not turn up after ten minutes so we went and spoke to another member of staff, clueless and useless. Apparently there was nothing they could do because we had already paid. Well duh! You have to pay in order for you to get food first! Pathetic excuse for not being able to take responsibility. The chefs weren't even approached by the staff members. the only good thing about this Witherspoon is cheap drink (available at all spoons) Archibald Simpsons at least cook the food thoroughly so that you aren't left with your head over a bucket all night.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Since I remember - everything starts there. Whenever I return from work - every way leads to Justice Mill. They have all type of beers you need and all type of meals you would have dreamt of and, what is the most important - very reasonable prices. There are little changes from time to time but all is still looking very steady. Staff / Crew - very helpfull. Everyday there is very good special meal offerreed - for one or for two - all include drink. I would not surprise you if I admit - the pint is included. And they serve dailu meals till 23.00 - like no other one I know . Orrdering another beer - you would not get bancrupt for sure...
Toilet is well equipped and is still in the same place.
I used to start here any clubbing.
They support small family breweries and leading campain to cat restaurants VAT half to let people spend more time in pubs and restaurants than in homes, which I think is right. Then - everybody would afford to go to the pub instead o getting drunk at homes. So I deeply support this idea.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Don't usually like weatherspoons pubs but decided to go into one as it plays music and had a eh4 at the weekends. The prices are great 1.99 for a tenants and 5.99 for cocktail pitchers. It was busy on a Saturday night but we got a table and spent a few hours people watching and drinking. Was very impressed with the service we never had to wait long to be served.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Had a meal in here at a very reasonable price. " starters and 2 curries including a couple of pints all for £15 for 2 of us. Can't go wrong. Lager was and Guinness was also reasonably priced and about 20-30% cheaper than most other pubs and the quality was also good