Mikes Famous Fish and Chips
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Fast food
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

been visiting mikes for years, and I mean years and years as have relations in cruden bay and always stop of at mikes on the way home to Edinburgh and really looking forward to it as usual .what a disappointment has this place changed hands ?
does not look to clean anymore had to wait about 15mins on 2 fish suppers and served by not to pleasant girl . The fish and chips were so greasy that it had so much grease in the box that it dripped out the box all over my trousers .Still feel a bit sick this morning with the thought of all the grease and what is the brown sauce they are using now not chippy sauce anymore ugh
You can tell we wont be back

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank karenmichaec

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Thought I'd try. So had black pudding supper. Chips had all the small left over bits in it and the portion size was tiny, I actually thought they maybe gave me a kids size by accident!
Was quiet, so did get served straight away though.

• Visited June 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Terrible Service at Counter, Possibly Might Be Better on Telphone Orders as They Get Preference From Staff.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

As a treat because my wife likes the chips at Mikes I decided to go in past on way home from work. ordered 1 Jumbo and 1 standard fish Supper at 6.24pm order 133.
Only one customer in front of me and he was waiting for a different order, 10minutes gone and he is served as well as a couple of other customers that came in after me, one of which was served immediately with 2 standard fish suppers. Another10min more waiting and I am getting seriously tee'd off with waiting so long, it doesn't take this long to fry a fish!!!
I moved forward to lean on the counter and noticed that one of the bags they were preparing for telephone orders was the same order as mine and was timed 5minutes later than mine and was order 138. We are now hitting 25minutes waiting and a big batch of telephone order tickets were placed on the counter, more staff appeared from the back shop and it was all hands on deck to clear these telephone orders, one of which was the one I noticed. I immediately complained that my order was being given to a telephone order that came in after I had made my order. The staff member tried to claim it had been made before I came in, I stated it did not as I had already read the ticket.
I was so annoyed with the attitude of the staff on their priority of serving Telephone orders in preference to serving the customers at the counter, effectively treating them as second class citizens that don't really matter.
They said there was another fish for me, I stated that Is not the point, they should have fulfiled my order first and checked the orders of the people standing waiting before making a purge on fulfilling telephone orders. I demanded my money back, went to the Ashvale on Jesmond Drive and was served the same order within 10 minutes and they also fry on order when it comes to Fish. So if you want decent counter service don't go near this particular chipper, but the telephone orders must be good as they are given priority on service by the look of things.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank Brian S
“Disgrace”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Member of staff very rude to customers also shouting at a young girl who was wrapping up the chips, she was a very well mannered girl and I could see she was upset by the older staff member. I wouldn't recommend this chip shop to anyone, manners doesn't doesn't cost anything, if you want customers consider who you employ. From a very disappointed costumer

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Debra S
aberdeen
“Shockingly uncomfortable”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

A very rude lady shouting at a younger female staff member made us feel very uncomfortable. When asked how long our order would take was told by same lady "fin its ridy", when did recieve it. It was a small greasy portion of chips and a very dry red pudding.and same for black pudding felt it may have been reheated. Should invest profits in teach certain staff members in customer service. And how to cook a decent chipper supper .

• Visited March 2014