“Could be cleaner”

Ranked #420 of 691 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: http://www.dobbies.com/storelocator/store-s024
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I visited recently for a quick bite to eat after a hospital appointment. He had soup which he said was good and a coffee. He also had a plain scone which he declared to be very tasty. I had a BLT sandwich with a pot of Earl Grey tea followed by a cherry and coconut scone. The sandwich was freshly made to order but the tomatoes were in quarters which made it very awkward to eat and I lost one part which fell out onto the floor. My scone had little taste of coconut and seemed underbaked.

The restaurant was fairly quiet but is was after 2pm. Despite this there were lots of uncleared tables. One thing which struck me was that the carpet had lots of stains. If a restaurant has carpet then it should be spotless. I doubt if we will eat here again.

There are newer reviews for Dobbies Garden World Aberdeen

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was looking forward to afternoon tea with friends but was very disappointed.
Namely, the service was awful, not a smile to be seen from any member of staff. It was slow and tardy to say the least.
The scones were definitely not fresh and the 'clotted cream' tasted awful.
The cakes were quite nice and the tea/coffee itself was mediocre.
Sadly, we will not be returning.

2  Thank Christina M
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Went for a fly cup this afternoon with my parents & daughter.There was only one person serving teas,coffees etc we had to wait for around 20mins as my daughter was wanting a frappe.There were lots of tables with dirty dishes and only one person clearing them.

2  Thank j s
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Have tried a good few garden centre cafe's in my time & tried this one for the first time last Sunday. Coffee was superb & fresh & the Scone with Cream & Jam was the largest & tastiest I have ever had, also tried the vanilla ice cream very nice. The food / sandwiches all looked fresh & tasty, & I will certainly be back

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Always end up grabbing something quick and ready to eat. Great selection of drinks as well as food. Little bit pricey but always good quality.