“Artisan? ???”

Breadmaker
Ranked #2 of 3 Bakeries in Aberdeen
Price range: US$1 - US$9
Dining options: Buffet, Delivery
Description: At the breadmaker , we hand craft bread to be enjoyed and shared with friends,with family,with everyone. We do all this in the context of providing learning and work opportunities for adults with a learning disability. Our traditional methods production are testimony to the history of bread as a staple of life. We offer a range of services : *High quality coffee house offering the best in fresh produce. *Bespoke buffet service for all your catering needs. *Wholesale *Bread Courses
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

I have to say I am disappointed by my visit. I had been looking forward to a chance to pop in.The only thing artisan about the place is the prices. I popped in for a quick coffee and a cake to warm up on a walk. My coffee was really weak with barely any taste and my muffin was the driest one I have had ever.. The staff were pretty good but with room for improvement. There are better options in the area. I wont be popping in again.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

The Bread Maker really does make some lovely breads. I use to visit here regularly but poor customer service over a number of visits really put me off. I think its a wonderful enterprise and its great to see so many disadvantaged people in the workplace, being supported, learning new skills and clearly enjoying it.
The sandwiches aren't all that nice... but if you're looking for some tasty bread of many variates, this is the first place to go!

1  Thank AberdeenCouple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

One of my usual haunts- I get the food I ordered! My way! They help the Special Needs Community and it's a pleasure to eat there, they even have 2 tables outdoors on their tiny space of sidewalk. Clean, lots of fresh, homemade breads to buy and take home.

1  Thank Keyrat04
Reviewed 21 September 2013

This is food that when you eat it you just feel good afterwards. Their bread is all home made and wholesome. And so are the people. A friendly staff is that much more the welcoming. Good coffee and lattes as well.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Just ordered a takeaway sandwich from 'the bread maker' which consisted of a white roll, two slices of thin roast beef (which didn't look homemade), horseradish sauce and some wilting salad. It was a complete rip off at £3.60. I recon the total cost for the ingredients would be around 50 to 60p at best and it took her 1 minute to produce. I used to own a deli and my roast beef sandwiches were packed including other salad items and I charged less than £3.
Nice shop and I like the set up and there ethos but they need to improve the quality of there sandwiches if they are going to charge £3.60 for them. Also the mini pizzas they were serving with salad for sit in looked like something you would buy from Iceland.