“Top accommodation in Aberdeen”
Review of Zinn Apartments

Zinn Apartments
Trondheim, Norway
“Top accommodation in Aberdeen”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I stayed here for two nights in March 2013. Even if the apartments are without a reception I got an email with instructions where to find the key. I called the lady in charge of this establishment when I arrived late night to ask how I could get a breakfast next morning. I got very good guidance and she even sent me an email with map and directions based on where I was going for meetings next morning. Based on this the service was excellent!

Only negative thing is that it was a quit strong odor of cigarette smoke even if the apartments are non-smoking. Also in the stairways the same could be felt. However the owner promised to investigate this and I believe it was a one-timer so I still choose to give the stay an overall high rating, except for the sleep quality which was not so good for me because of loud traffic just outside (even with closed window).

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Buckie
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Stayed here for 5 weeks, it felt like a home from home. Very clean, comfortable and modern. Would definitely recommend. Each room is a good size. Local takeaways are close by but they do deliver for free. Menus in the apartment. Good wifi connection.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark D
Evanton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I choose these apartments because they allowed my dog and their location was close to where I needed to be. When we arrived the apartment was spotless and wonderfully presented. We were really glad to stay. Just before the lady checking us in left she turned up the heat. She said it was a little cool because they don't heat them when they aren't occupied. Fair enough. We thought nothing more of it. We had to leave soon after we arrived and when we returned 3hrs later the placed was sweltering. Nothing and I do mean nothing could cool the place off. We opened windows, then couldn't even hear the TV over the noise that came in. It's on a main road. (Just shows they have great windows because before we opened them you could barely hear it.) it finally cooled down enough for me to send my children to bed near 1am. However no one used the duvets at all. It stayed hot all night, even with the thermostat turned off. I still wouldn't mind staying here again, however, next time I won't let them turn up the heat in the first place.
Now beyond our heat issues...the good...
It was very clean. It has laminate floors and tiling throughout. Perfect for kids and a dog. We ordered a continental breakfast, and it was in the fridge and cub bards when we got there. It was exactly what it said it would be on the website.
Where it could be better...
Each room has a double bed in it, but they aren't very comfortable in my opinion. They felt thin and flat but I checked, they are about 8in deep. So in my opinion they need new ones. Now the duvets and pillows were lovely but mattresses matter to me.
Now bathrooms are a big deal for me, so it's the first place I check, and at first glance it ticks all the boxes. Big sower stall, tiles, super clean, shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel in shower. Lovely hand soap. But when we used it, shower door, wouldn't shut properly, doesn't get very hot, shower head wouldn't stay upright, not very big towels, and not enough large ones ( although I will say there were about 8 hand towels) and only one roll of toilet paper in the whole apartment (I checked).
All in all not great, not horrid. We had a weird experience, though I would bet the heat thing is not their norm. I would come back again. It was so wonderfully presented that it deserves a second chance. But from this trip alone it is definitely over priced.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family