“Tired decor inside & out & Expensive menu”
Review of The Old Mill Inn

The Old Mill Inn
Ranked #283 of 685 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Tired decor inside & out & Expensive menu”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We chose not to eat here after viewing the good but very expensive menu....£12 for mince & tatties?!

We did have drinks which were equally expensive but it is a hotel so this is expected too...

We did hear that the food is good so it would be unfair of me to leave all negative feedback.

I have no problem paying for decent good food but I would rather do this in nice surroundings with English speaking staff.

Visited May 2014

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Nice with friendly staff but a bit expensive.”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We came in a party of 4 plus toddler in the early evening and were served promptly. The staff were very friendly and I couldn't fault them but overall it didn't live up to expectations. The food was not bad but quite expensive for the quality in my opinion. I wouldn't discourage anyone from going but I don't think I'd visit again if it was up to me.

• Visited June 2014
Stranraer, United Kingdom
“Nothing too special, but not bad”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This restaurant has a lovely traditional feel to it. The staff were pleasant and very friendly. I couldn't fault my meal although a couple of my party had issues with theirs, but nothing too major. I must say that the homemade burger on my mixed grill was delicious. One of the best I have ever had!!! The selection of real ale was also something to be noted as a positive. They also offer a 10% discount to anyone staying at Deeside Holiday Park (just behind it).

• Visited April 2014
Wirral
“Pub Grub.”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Friendly atmosphere, good food, nice beer selection. The menu was interesting and the food, on the whole, was good, however, some of our meals had obviously been left under the heat lamps for a tad too long. We were staying in the adjacent caravan park so was in a great location being just a few metres away down the path.

• Visited April 2014
aberdeen
“Awesome”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the holiday site just behind the old mill. To save any faffing around we headed here for dinner on Friday night. The food was really yummy and the staff were top notch! Came back sat night too. Very busy so your safer booking, we were early so they managed to squeeze us in.Really pleasant experience. Will be returning for sure.xx

• Visited March 2014