“Exciting and Delicious” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 660 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Price range: US$15 - US$100
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Yatai Izakaya is an intimate local eatery with a casual atmosphere, modern Japanese food that practices traditional technique while utilizing the best ingredients that Aberdeenshire has to offer. As a small independent restaurant, we have honed traditional methods over the past ten years to create our own unique take on Japanese cuisine. Our staff are passionate and knowledgeable and inspired by Japanese culture and ingredients as well as locally available and seasonal ingredients.
Scotland, UK
“Exciting and Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had the pickled vegetables and sake from the specials menu as well as the venison. Who would have thought that a single tiny mushroom or sliver of Jerusalem artichoke could hold such flavour? Both the dishes looked like works of art and tasted delicious.

We also ordered the mackerel nigiri, chefs choice maki and seared tuna - the flavours were fantastic!!

I understand why people say this is an expensive restaurant but honestly there is obviously so much work involved and the ingredients so fresh that I feel the food and the experience are well worth the cost.

I can't stop thinking about the food at Yatai!!!

2 Thank Raceybee

“Fantastic little restaurant in Aberdeen city center.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I absolutely love this restaurant and I have never been disappointed. The staff are always super friendly and helpful. I often go here with my friend for our catch-up dinners and they are always very accommodating and you never feel rushed. The food is absolutely to die for and has never been anything short of impeccable. I would highly recommend!

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Can't believe I haven't been here before as we stay in Aberdeen. The food was truly fantastic. We went as 2 couples and ordered up about 10 of the dishes between us. They were all great. It was a bit like japanese Tapas where we all shared and had a little bit of everything. We mostly had the grilled skewers and they were all good. They were all cooked perfectly.
Staff were all really friendly and even helped us choose a good japanese whisky to finish with.

• Visited June 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Very very expensive for what you get”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Visited this place for the first time and I would say it is small and has a very friendly feel to the restaurant. With this the service we received was very friendly. We ordered a few dishes to try things and there were some very nice dishes and some that I would not order again. The bill came and it was £98 which I would have been fine with but still we were hungry. I would say that for the portions the price is exceptionally high.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Billy M
London, United Kingdom
“Masterly cooked Japanese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Visited on recommendation of Japanese businessmen having come all the way from Tokyo. They rated this place very highly and lauded the chef. Brilliant meal with good sushi and wonderful grilled skewers with all sorts of delicacies from the ocean outside.