“great persian food”

Shawarma
Ranked #41 of 671 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“great persian food”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The meal, the service and the lovely friendly staff were superb. An excellent choice of restaurant, and I will return again.

• Visited July 2014

Holidaymaker9876
“Something a bit different.”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Searching through for something different I stumbled across this restaurant and thought we'd give it a try.

It's not in the greatest of locations but parking is available just up a bit in front of the supermarket.

On the front it appears to look like just a take away. The restaurant is through a narrow door and out the back.

It isn't a glamorous dining experience. There is maybe about 8 tables, which are all a bit basic, and then an authentic eating area towards the back.

I guess you'd really need to know what you are doing to sit on those tables. You'll need to go to see what I mean.

No fancy entertainment here. The waitress gave one of the other customers the remote control for the TV and it ended up being the soaps on during TV. It is a very easy going relaxed dinner as if you are at a family member's house.

It was all guesswork reading the menu but we were assisted by the waitress.

I did enjoy the food though and wouldn't hesitate to go back.

My only real criticism is that too many things weren't available on the night.

I'll point out in advance that no alcohol is served here. They do allow you to bring your own bottle but have a £1.50 per person corkage charge.

In the world of Indian, Chinese and Italian restaurants, this is something just that little bit different and well worth a visit.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Holidaymaker9876
North East England
“Excellent food and a warm welcome”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We recently visited Aberdeen on business and found ourselves struggling to find somewhere different to eat. We found Shawarma using the internet and are so pleased that we did!

First impressions was that it was just a takeaway in a residential area but we were shown through to the back where there is a nice little dining room. The food was fabulous and the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome and to help us with our choices of food. All of our meals were fresh and delicious and the portions were generous - which was just what we needed after a long day at work!

Next time we are back in Aberdeen, we will make a point of visiting Shawarma. Highly recommended.

I

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank worldecho
“Excellent shawarma!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I dont normally eat takeaway kebabs, but one night my partner convinced me to try this place. We ordered two shawarma kebabs and a few starters. The food was fab and there was a lot of it! One shawarma is 2-3 meals for me. I enjoyed it so much we've had this twice in one month. Brilliant find.

1 Thank ashleygaidhlig
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Staff are moody”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

When the staff start to receive more delivery orders that reflects a bad attitude at the restaurant towards the take away & setting in customer who I think should be more appreciated as they bother to come in person!

• Visited May 2014