“my time at ardoe by me”

Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Spa
Ranked #5 of 21 Spas & Wellness in Aberdeen
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I would like to say a big thank you to the following staff for making my stay at this hotel so nice.
Both Erins, Frances, Alexandra in fact all the alex's, Leigh, Erika, Emily, Katherine, Anita, Greg, David, and Neil. If I have forgot any body I'm sorry but all the staff deserve praise for making my stay here so nice. the food is nice but it could do with a specials board maybe. the lighting in the room could be brighter as well. But apart from that thank you all for making my stay so pleasurable in the Ardoe!

PeterArdoeGM, Manager at Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2014

Dear Chris e,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit at Ardoe House Hotel & Spa. I was very pleased to read that my whole team at the hotel was able to make your stay a special one. I will ensure that your feedback is shared with the team.

I very much look forward to welcome you back at Ardoe during your next visit to Aberdeen

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"pity"
"wee"

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I recently booked a birthday treat for myself and a friend - £95 each, day spa. What a disappointment!
The pedicure was pathetic - basically a wash of your feet in a wooden bucket, nothing else - not even a proper pedi chair. The exfoliation treatment was pathetic - a dry loofah brushed over you for two minutes. The back massage was average, but the best part of the deal. The manicure was Ok - but very basic. The facilities need an overhaul. The lunch menu was Ok, but nothing special - for a special day like this you expect more, and the spa day is not cheap. We planned to relax at the pool (as advertised) but they failed to tell us that they run back to back mum and toddler/baby swimming all afternoon. The staff are nice enough, but frankly seem bored and lacking any real quality spa experience....they don't seem to understand much about a true spa experience. Choose somewhere else - this was such a disappointment, you will get better value for money and a superior experience at many other places in Aberdeen area.

Dear Loody14,

Thank you for telling us about your recent experience. I was very disappointed to read that your visit was disappointing. I would like to reassure that some time has passed since your visit and that the problem you have highlighted have long been addressed.
I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back on property.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Updated

Before I start I can't comment on the hotel as only attended the spa. The hotel and grounds look lovely.

I had a voucher for the spa and felt really cheated. I was booked for 1pm arrived 15 mins early as asked to. Filled in the form and waited to be taken. Therapist arrived at 5 past one and to be fair apologised for being out of uniform as she was standing in as staff were off sick.

I had my facial first which is unusuall then a back massage when this was finished she offered me a glass of water. The whole treatment appeared to really quick. When I returned to my car I noticed it was 1. 50 pm so my whole experience including getting dressed and undressed was 45 mins.

I checked my voucher online and I was supposed to have a 55 mins for me massage and a25 mins mini facial. It should also have included a glass of wine or herbal tea neither of which I was offered.

I know it was a voucher nut if you want people to return and pay the full price you need to impress them surely. I had this treatment on the 4 th April it was my birthday and I was really disappointed.

UPDATE

Spa response was to offer another treatment thank you good service

1  Thank pickyAberdeen

Dear pickyAberdeen,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience following your visit at the Spa at Ardoe House hotel & Spa. I was very disappointed to read that you were left to feel the way you did following your visit. I would like to reassure you that the issues you encountered in April 2013 have been addressed and lessons have been learnt from your feedback.
I hope we will have the pleasure of return visit in the future where you will be able to experience a relaxing day with us in our Spa.

Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

Bought a spa deal through living social and had the most wonderful day at the Ardoe House Spa. Friendly and welcoming you wouldnt have known we were there on a cheap deal. Carrie my therapist gave me one of the best massages i have ever had working hard at tweaking out the very many tension knots and giving great advice at working on them. Then time spent relaxing at the pool jacuzzi steam room and sauna. A very tasty leisurely lunch then Carrie took me back for the most relaxing facial. My skin thanked me for it for days later with s natural glow and no dry bits. In fact if she had massaged me after that im sure there would have been no knots. Such friendly therapist i will be back....and wont wait for a cheap deal. Carrie you are a star an thank you for the lovliest day.

1  Thank caroline m

Dear cjs63,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience in our Spa at Ardoe House. I was delighted to read that your experienced exceeded your expectations and even more so that your left extremely relaxed after the quality treatments you received.
I look forward to welcome you back on property for another relaxing experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 January 2013

My friends husband booked a full day Spa package for three as a 50th birthday treat for his wife. We arrived to be told that the pool and the jacuzzi were out of order. It would appear that it had been out of order for several days giving them plenty of time to let us know so that we could have changed our plans if we chose to.
We negotiated an additional 25 minute treatment to fill in some of the day. We all had a facial followed by nail file and polish, the therapists were lovely and non of us had any complaints in regard to our treatments.
We then settled down to our afternoon tea. We were presented with a plate containing 2 scones, jam and cream, 3 pieces of shortbread, 3 small macaroons, 3 Blackwell type tarts and several small donuts (if the type you can buy frozen in farm foods!). We asked if there were sandwiches still to come but were informed that it was scones and cakes only....but they would get us a third scone so that we could have one each.
Unfortunately.... Everything was stale, hard and indelible and we had to once again complain.
They then got us some sandwiches as a replacement , although the manager was there he offered no apology.
I feel bad for my friend that what was designed to be a birthday treat fell short , very unfair!

Dear KaiGuy,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience during your visit in our Spa at Ardoe House. I was very disappointed to read that at the time of your visit the pool side was not in working order.
I would like to reassure you that this matter has now been addressed and the Afternoon Tea offering has been greatly improved to a much superior standard from which we have received to date an overwhelmingly positive feedback. I hope we will have the pleasure of a return visit where you can experience it for yourself.

Hotel Manager