“Rest and be Thankful”

Terroir Deli
Ranked #230 of 699 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 21 March 2014

These comments are something of an amalgam, as I have been both to a French themed food night here two years ago, and also more recently, for coffee. The BYOB French food night was a great experience with my memory serving me of being served excellent food, but when I asked if they had dates and times for the same in the near future, I was served in turn with a Gallic 'Non!'. But I did have the impression that when time allowed, these nights might be resumed. But revenons a nos moutons, and I am probably alone in not referring here to Aberdeen Football Club's recent somewhat lukewarm win! Twice in the past three weeks, I have been walking along the picturesque Old Deeside Line with a friend, and we have chosen Cults and Terroir as our pitstop before turning round for home. The deli part sells lovely tasty treats and tracklements, beautifully laid out. They have a wide choice of teas and coffees; their espresso is good and strong, and the whole experience is enhanced by the open vista from a window seat of the world going by. The strings of onions in the loos assuage my pangs of nostalgia for La Belle France. They also do good snack lunches, which I shall be back very very soon to try. Go.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Went to Terroir with a friend - she'd been there previously, thoroughly enjoyed the experience and was keen to share the delights of this charming establishment. I was not disappointed!

There was an extensive menu with a unique French slant on the food. Lots of delicious and intriguing combinations, we were hard pushed to decide. In the end we opted for paninis, each choosing a different filling and then sharing. Very tasty indeed!

We then had tea and cake, appreciating the very generously sized teapot - a small thing, but something that can be lacking nowadays.

Other things worthy of comment are the simple touches - asking for a glass of water, we were given a bottle of tap water; refreshing as it's not unusual to be offered 'still or sparkling' when 'tap' is more than adequate in our area. Service was also really good - friendly and helpful, with a god rapport established with the regular customers. I'll return again soon!

1  Thank AbClare
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely cafe which has a great selection of food. It's all freshly made and fresh . Service is very friendly with staff eager to help . Not the cheapest place around , £5 for a bacon roll wax a bit steep !