“Needs a Clean”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Needs a Clean”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Sorry maybe a bad night to be in, however the place did smell, and the seats, tables etc were not my version of clean. Very busy lots of people so obviously hits a market, but not for me.

Visited February 2014
Sara J, Manager at BrewDog Aberdeen, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Hi there! First off I'm sorry to hear your visit was so disappointing. As a whole we try our utmost to keep the bar and your experience at its very best but it would seem we let you down. Could you tell us what night you were in and, perhaps, what in particular you found so objectionable in terms of cleanliness? We'll endeavour to rectify any issues you found and, as such, hopefully welcome you back in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts.

Regards,

Sara Jastrzebski
Holding General Manager

Odenton, Maryland
95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Crafty Brews”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

So I have to say BrewDog is a fantastic place to go in Aberdeen. Their variety of beers are good as well as the options they have whether weaker, stronger, smaller, larger. BrewDog also was reasonably lively late at night. We came in around 2200 and while initially it was standing room only, we were able to find a place to sit pretty quickly. If you're in Aberdeen and want to try a variety of Scottish beers then I highly recommend BrewDog. Don't expect the variety and options that craft beer has in the USA though. While very good and on the only way to go is up, Scottish craft brewers don't have the practice that craft brewing has in the USA. Very good!

Visited February 2014
Sara J, Manager at BrewDog Aberdeen, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Hiya Steve E! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. You're spot on with the UK being slightly behind the craft beer scene in the States, something we're trying our hardest to change as a bar and as a brewery. We do our best to keep an intriguing selection of guest bottles and kegs to showcase what the world has to offer and I'd recommend having a gander when you're next in (Stone Brewing is one our favourite's from the US)

Thanks for your review. We do love a bit of feedback :)

Regards,

Sara Jastrzebski
Holding General Manager
Stranraer, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Craft Beer At Its Best!”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I come here for a quality drink in a nice setting. There is a good range of Brewdog beer and of Guest Beer. All are sensibly priced and served in Pint, half pint, third pint or 2 third pint. Some are so strong its just 65ml. I recommend a visit!

Visited January 2014
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great place to be!”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Bar staff very friendly and informative about the beers being sold, even tasted a sample before buying.
Atmosphere very friendly and welcoming. Decor was modern and relaxing.
Overall a good bar to socialise in.

Ellon, United Kingdom
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 153 helpful votes
“Really nice bar”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I am not particularly a beer drinker but all my friends are which is why we visit - that being said, even though don't drink beer I really enjoy going here.
The bar itself is really nice, it's not the biggest though so it can get very crowded on a weekend night and you'll most likely have to stand. There's a nice random selection of seating from booths to long tables.
Really huge choice of craft beers and if like me you're not a fan - they have wine and plenty of spirits to choose from.There's even cocktails that have beer in them! If you're not sure what you like the staff are always happy to give you we tasters. The good thing about the staff that impresses me is that they really know what they're talking about.
They don't serve hot food as they don't have a kitchen but there are very tasty cheese and meat boards which you can get in large or small and have a great selection of bread, crackers with the cheese and meat.
The bar holds something called Beer School - we had one with 4 friends. You get to drink a few beers and also have a cheese and meat board to nibble on while one of the staff tell you about the history of beer, hops and about all of the different types of beer. I really enjoyed it!

Visited January 2014