“Worth a visit”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2014

First visit here on a Sunday evening, early evening menu (5-7pm) looked very good value with a choice of main courses with a tea/coffee for £7.95. The a la carte menu was also available. We were a group of eight and there were a couple of other tables in. Perhaps it was quiet because they close at 8pm on a Sunday so best to go early. There were specials of the day and plenty to choose from on the main menu (perhaps too much?!). The pasta dishes were all good and good value too. The Stinco is worth considering if you're a carnivore, an enormous braised ham shank served with a mountain of canellini beans! Really enjoyed the rosemary roasted potato cubes which were served with non pasta dishes. Portions were very generous, so much so that I couldn't manage a pud which was a shame; they looked really good. Service was good but it would have been nice if one of the waiting staff had smiled occasionally! In conclusion, pretty decent Italian fare at reasonable prices. It doesn't have the wow factor but I would certainly go back.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was our second visit to Da Giorgio's and very good it was too. There were ten of us in all out to celebrate my husbands 50th birthday. The welcome was warm and friendly and the table was ready for us when we arrived.

The menu was varied and had something to suit everyone. They even made pizzas for some the children in the group. Everyone really enjoyed their meal and the many bottles of wine that went with it!

The service was very good and we were never rushed at any point of the evening. Everyone agreed that we shall all be back again.

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I was here with my partner on a Tuesday evening. We booked a table although on arival we were the only table there(the weather was awful that night) The lady that served us was very pleasant and attentive. They food was delicious-we had the Mozzarella sticks to start, I had the chicken in a white wine sauce and my boyfriend had one of the specials on that evening. Desserts were also great.
This was a lovely restarant and I would highly recommend it. We will definitely be back

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I was surprised to see all the good reviews for this one.

It was a bit out of the way, but when we got there we said I hope it is worth it. Unfortunately it was not. I found the food a bit bland. Looking at some of the good reviews I can only assume we went on the chef's night off.

The person sitting in the table opposite us obviously didn't think much of his either, he hardly touched it, and you could see from his face that this was not a memorable meal and good example of Italian cuisine. He gave it back, to the boss's credit I heard him asking if he could get him something else, which the guy decline, obviously enough was enough.

Not one for returning to I am afraid.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Really great place, well worth the effort to find it, centre of town quality at Village pub prices.
We always have a very good meal , great food, lovely staff and very good value we have gone back several times.
Really feels like Italian home cooking and lovely décor, very distinguished art works on the walls.
Worth a visit if in the Westhill area.