“Comfortable Hotel”

Ranked #21 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
GLASGOW
“Comfortable Hotel”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed here for a few nights while attending an exhibition at the AECC. The hotel is new and only opened about 6 months ago. Rooms are spacious and comfortable although I was surprised at the marks on the carpet considering it only opened recently! Bathroom was a good size and shower was excellent.

Reception staff were friendly. The hotel had a nice bar and comfortable lounge area. However, I was staying with colleagues and we ate in the hotel on the last night. It seemed to be a big problem to put all the meals onto one room so we all had to order individually! Unfortunately the food wasn't particularly great.

Breakfast was OK. Decent selection and buffet style. Best thing was the coffee which was excellent!

Overall a very comfortable hotel which I probably would stay at again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a couple of nights while on a short trip in Aberdeen. The hotel is very clean and new, all the staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful, the food was good (if a little expensive) so pretty good all round. Ok for a business trip but a little to far from town otherwise.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Phaserblazer
Thurso, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I was booked into this so called hotel in January. When I arrived there were two guests checking in before me. This took 20 minutes due to the member of staff not fluent in English. After checking in I was given directions to my room and on arrival found that the key given to me would not open the room door. Back to reception with two heavy bags in toe to find three people trying to check in. After another 20 minutes I explained to the non-English speaking receptionist that the key would not work. The receptionist then realised that they had put the wrong room number on my card and that I had been trying to get into the incorrect room. As the hotel is new the rooms are adequate enough but the breakfast is certainly not. If you want cereal and don’t like bran flakes you’ve had it. You may like toast and jam as long as it is Apricot and you don’t mind brown bread. Then if all ells fails you could try a fried breakfast as long as you don’t want an egg with it.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gavin469
CourtyardManager1, Manager at Courtyard Aberdeen Airport, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Guest, let me apologize for the error that led to you being sent to the wrong room. Clearly this is not the level of service that we aspire to, and for that, we are truly sorry. We do work hard to make the guest experience as positive as possible, and on this occasion, we got it wrong. I understand your comments on our breakfast offering, but please understand we do not offer the same level of choices as a full service hotel, but then this is reflected in our price point. I do hope you will give us another try.
Best regards
Rochdale
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Great rooms for the business traveller, but poor food in the restaurant, very limited menu and self service go up to the bar to order. Miserable restaurant staff made it a depressing place to have dinner, just stood looking bored behind the bar. Reception staff lovely though especially the Italian girl who was extra pleasant.
Deliver a better dinner menu and waitress service is the way forward for this hotel, what business man wants to do all the work after a busy day.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank nathanoj
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed for couple of days few weeks ago. The reception and bar staff were very friendly and they were keen to get to know us. You can tell it's a new hotel, it's so modern, the bedrooms are very well designed, corridors wide, and lovely spa like bathroom. It's good location if you're staying in Aberdeen for business in a Dyce area, or want to see a bit of Scotland... it takes a bit to get to the Aberdeen Center... Breakfast was very good selection and you can have as much Starbucks as you want! I loved it! We didn't eat there in the evening so I'm not sure how the dinner was, but in overall I am looking to come back soon.

Room Tip: Ask for an Airport View room!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ScorpioE61
United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Arrived at 4pm on a Saturday to find that there was a problem with the hot water supply to every room in the hotel. The problem was not going to be fixed until Monday which seemed a bit on the long side for a Marriot with over 185 rooms. We were offered a move to the other Marriot in Aberdeen but declined as in our opinion it is tired and not the same at all. It is also situated away from the airport. We were told we could still stay in the hotel without hot water and would receive a £15 discount. The receptionist was lovely and apologetic. She offered to get the manager to talk to us but he never appeared instead she was sent back to reiterate what she had just said. It would have been decent of him/her to come and see us. We decided to cancel the booking and went elsewhere causing a fair bit of inconvenience to ourselves. A very disappointing visit. Technical problems occur yes but I felt that a hotel this size should have been able to fix a hot water problem and not wait 48 hours. I also thought the offer of a £15 reduction in charges was pretty poor.

Stayed February 2014
CourtyardManager1, Manager at Courtyard Aberdeen Airport, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear traveler,
Thank you for your post. I'm sorry about the issue you experienced with the Hot water at our hotel. The issue was caused but a faulty component in the Gas supply to the hotel, and as a safety precaution the supply was shut off, resulting in us unable to heat our boilers, so it really was out with our control. Contractors did manage to restore the gas supply to the hotel by Sunday morning, but unfortunately this was too late for you. I'm glad we did offer you alternative accommodation at our 4 star full service Marriott 5 minutes’ drive away.
Please be assured we did everything in our power to reinstate the gas supply.
Again we apologies for the inconvenience cause, and I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Best reagrds
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here before when the courtyard first opened and there wasn't a great deal of variety in the menu.
A specials board has now appeared and the steak was great,
Was able to cut it with a normal knife and it tasted great.
The rooms are still very nice and comfortable.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business