“Impromptu trip to Aberdeen”

Courtyard Aberdeen Airport
Ranked #18 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Went to meet a friend in Aberdeen last night. The hotel is near the airport which is a bit far from the city but that was my fault. The hotel seems very new, crisp, chic and modern. Smart modern bar and restaurant area and perfect bedrooms for the business traveller.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Dirk_CY, Manager at Courtyard Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear David

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor and thank you for your positive comments about our hotel.

The hotel is around 6 miles from the city center but we do offer complimentary bus tickets to and from the city center. For any future visits please ask reception for your complimentary bus tickets

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Aberdeen Airport

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Have stayed here twice for one night due to early flight from airport. Very good location close to airport, car rental drop off etc. a new hotel with clean and modern rooms, comfortable bed, shower, good free internet connection, iron and ironing board and other things you may need such as meals / breakfast available in the bar / lobby area a 'mini market' for snack purchase and a small gym. However not ideal if you have business in centre of Aberdeen or one of the other industrial estates due to volume of traffic at peak times. No food or drink alternatives apart from the other airport hotels close by. The first time I stayed it was quite expensive (£130) the second time we bought well in advance it was £59 for a double both for one night.
Check in was very professional and very helpful staff both times, speaking different languages to guests from overseas.
The rooms were a little noisy the first time I stayed with some of the rig workers coming back to their rooms late, but the hotel was quiet the second time.
We did not have breakfast as our flight left too early.
This would be a four star rating apart from the parking issue. I had a hire car with me, and was requested to put my registration number on my check in form and told it was £5 to park overnight. Shouldn't really have to pay for parking at a hotel you are staying at, but I understand Aberdeen Airport own the land and they like to charge you for breathing on their property and are heavy handed with traffic wardens and parking police at the terminal. However several months after staying I eventually receive a letter from Parking Eye threatening arrest of wages over non payment of a £100 parking fine for illegally parking overnight at the hotel.
After several emails to the hotel reception I believe this has been sorted now, but my advice is to make sure that you get a receipt for payment of the parking and hold on to it, so if this horrible parking firm try and charge you, you have evidence of payment. I had thrown my receipt away. Why there can't be a barrier system same as other hotels in the area I don't know, but it left an unpleasant memory of staying with the Courtyard, and I am a Marriot member, so had to think twice before chancing staying here again. Remains to be seen if I get fined for parking again in a few months time.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dirk_CY, Manager at Courtyard Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Traveller,

Thank you very much for your reviewing our hotel. I really appreciate all the positive feedback about the hotel and the staff that you encountered during your two visits. I will make sure that this is shared with the team here on property. I am very sorry to hear about the issues you experienced whilst you parked at our property. I will make sure that this is followed up with parking eye and I apologise for all the inconvenience caused. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I can definitely recommend this hotel. It is situated so very close to the airport, that we just walked very early in the morning to the airport. There is also a good bus connection with the city.

The room was nicely decorated, the bathroom very clean and well equipped. I slept like a baby on the comfortable bed. The staff at the reception was friendly and helpful.

This is perhaps rather short opinion but, it could be even shorter: a very good airport hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Dirk_CY, Manager at Courtyard Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Traveller,

Thank you very much for taking time out to complete a review for our hotel. We really appreciate you sharing your valuable feedback and recommending us to other travellers. I will make sure the positive comments about our reception team are shared and celebrated. I am pleased to hear you had a good night sleep. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the deluxe room. Fairly large room, king size bed, crisp and clean, modern and quite fancy, big TV, good internet connection, extremely friendly staff. Just a short walk from the airport (shortcut through the carpark). Didn't try the restaurant or any food.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Dirk_CY, Manager at Courtyard Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Traveller,

Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel. We really appreciate all the feedback we receive at the hotel and I am pleased to read you have enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure your comments about our friendly staff are shared with the team.
I hope we can welcome you back in the near future

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here for the first time and it's your typical airport hotel - reasonably basic with basic food and basic services but there is nothing wrong wioth that. It was very clean and shiny but it is new. Ideal if you aren't looking for too much just somewhere to get a good night’s sleep before flying out of Aberdeen. The staff were polite and helpful. The facilities are ok - the reception area is a little noisy being right next to the bar and restaurant. There is a small gym that looked ok. The room I had on the ground floor was very good, lots of modern touches and quiet - best night’s sleep I've had at an airport hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Dirk_CY, Manager at Courtyard Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Bruce B.

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Aberdeen Airport was enjoyable and you had a good nights sleep.

cy.abzcy.agm@courtyard.com

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

This new hotel is arguably better appointed than most 'full service' Marriotts. The rooms are thoughtfully designed (plug sockets by the beds a bonus) and relatively spacious. As it's a new hotel, everything is in working order and it looks good. A good addition would be a trouser press - very useful when you've been stuck on a plane for a while.

Downstairs lets things down a little. The reception area is cramped and busy. The food at the 'bistro' is average at best and the service is very slow. The staff are friendly and full of apology but don't exude a huge amount of confidence to take care of issues. I waited nearly an hour for the wrong food to turn up only to be told it'd be another half hour if I wanted to wait for what I actually ordered. Afterwards, many apologies and refunded food (not really benefiting anyone other than my company and in fact costing me Marriott points by making the bill cheaper) but this really shouldn't be happening in the first place.

Little Courtyard policies like limiting the amount of mineral water Platinum members can have serve only to annoy.

The gym - although small - has modern equipment and is spotlessly clean.

For the odd night and for a Courtyard, this is a good spot. It doesn't come cheap though. A corporate rate of £131 is steep for a hotel with no room service facility. Little adaptations could make this an obvious choice for business travellers flying into ABZ. As it is, you may bulk at the extortionate prices.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
CourtyardManager1, Manager at Courtyard Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Traveller,
Thank you very much for providing feedback on your recent stay with u and the positive comments on our rooms and the friendly service from our staff.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during our food service. We pride ourselves in providing a high level of quality and service and have clearly let ourselves down on this occasion. As you rightly said this should not have happened in the first place. We have identified what caused the service delay and are resolving this at the moment.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future

cy.abzcy.agm@courtyard.com

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed for 2 nights. had a great stay, rooms very clean and modern and just had a great break. breakfast was lovely. my husband loved the view of the airport and he was kept amused for hours just looking out of the window which was very peaceful for me! staff were very friendly and could not do enough to help. will definitely be back (glad I ignored the husband who wanted a travel lodge!!)

Room Tip: ask for a view of the airport (not the car park)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple