“Clean room, staff very friendly, food acceptable”

Courtyard Aberdeen Airport
Ranked #23 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Alness, United Kingdom
“Clean room, staff very friendly, food acceptable”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have stayed here a few times now, overnight stays prior to morning flights - the hotel is perfect for the airport but not if you are visiting the town centre, which is a long way by car/taxi (20 - 40 mins depending on traffic)
The food in the restaurant is of an acceptable standard, but dont think about ordering a glass of 'tap water' as they dont supply water from the tap! I was told by a friendly waitress that all drinks must be bought at the bar as they were a 'Bistro'...
The kitchen closes at 10:00 pm so if you arrive later there is a cold selection of lite bites which can be microwaved by yourself beside the foyer. If you need to buy a 2litre boittle of water from the foyer it will set you back £4
Breakfast starts at 6am so if your flight is earlier you will not be able to get a hot meal, but there is coffee and cereals

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dirk_CY, Manager at Courtyard Aberdeen Airport, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Gary,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review. I am glad to hear you were satisfied with us as an airport hotel and its facilities. I am sorry to hear about the tap water, we certainly do offer this and I will pick this up with the team. Should you wish to travel into town we do offer complimentary bus tickets at reception to all our guests. As a Courtyard by Marriott hotel we have a select service food and beverage offering and we do ask our guests to order all items at the bar.
Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future
Sincerely

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Polish first
Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have stayed here a couple of time now's, the rooms are a decent size with a desk and chair in the room. All areas were clean and staff were friendly. The meals were adequate although choice could probably be improved. I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dirk_CY, Manager at Courtyard Aberdeen Airport, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear David,
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you found the staff to be friendly and the rooms clean. In regards to the menu choice, we do offer a number of chef’s specials alongside our main menu. These specials change on a weekly basis. When you stay with us again please feel free to speak to one of our associates in the Bistro should there be something that you fancy which is not on our menu and we will do our best to prepare this for you.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future
Sincerely

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay at the hotel and would not hesitate to return or recommend it to friends and family. Being a new hotel, it is as one would expect in a very good state of repair but, most importantly, the staff were - without exception - great. All the staff we encountered were very welcoming and friendly and gave the impression that customer service was of paramount importance. I would recommend this hotel without any reservations.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dirk_CY, Manager at Courtyard Aberdeen Airport, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. I will make sure your comments about our welcoming and friendly staff are shared with all the teams here at the hotel. We do believe that customer service is incredibly important and it is really nice to see that the team is recognised for this. Once again thank you very much for your positive feedback.

Atyrau
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Went to meet a friend in Aberdeen last night. The hotel is near the airport which is a bit far from the city but that was my fault. The hotel seems very new, crisp, chic and modern. Smart modern bar and restaurant area and perfect bedrooms for the business traveller.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear David

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor and thank you for your positive comments about our hotel.

The hotel is around 6 miles from the city center but we do offer complimentary bus tickets to and from the city center. For any future visits please ask reception for your complimentary bus tickets

Scotland
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here twice for one night due to early flight from airport. Very good location close to airport, car rental drop off etc. a new hotel with clean and modern rooms, comfortable bed, shower, good free internet connection, iron and ironing board and other things you may need such as meals / breakfast available in the bar / lobby area a 'mini market' for snack purchase and a small gym. However not ideal if you have business in centre of Aberdeen or one of the other industrial estates due to volume of traffic at peak times. No food or drink alternatives apart from the other airport hotels close by. The first time I stayed it was quite expensive (£130) the second time we bought well in advance it was £59 for a double both for one night.
Check in was very professional and very helpful staff both times, speaking different languages to guests from overseas.
The rooms were a little noisy the first time I stayed with some of the rig workers coming back to their rooms late, but the hotel was quiet the second time.
We did not have breakfast as our flight left too early.
This would be a four star rating apart from the parking issue. I had a hire car with me, and was requested to put my registration number on my check in form and told it was £5 to park overnight. Shouldn't really have to pay for parking at a hotel you are staying at, but I understand Aberdeen Airport own the land and they like to charge you for breathing on their property and are heavy handed with traffic wardens and parking police at the terminal. However several months after staying I eventually receive a letter from Parking Eye threatening arrest of wages over non payment of a £100 parking fine for illegally parking overnight at the hotel.
After several emails to the hotel reception I believe this has been sorted now, but my advice is to make sure that you get a receipt for payment of the parking and hold on to it, so if this horrible parking firm try and charge you, you have evidence of payment. I had thrown my receipt away. Why there can't be a barrier system same as other hotels in the area I don't know, but it left an unpleasant memory of staying with the Courtyard, and I am a Marriot member, so had to think twice before chancing staying here again. Remains to be seen if I get fined for parking again in a few months time.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dirk_CY, Manager at Courtyard Aberdeen Airport, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Traveller,

Thank you very much for your reviewing our hotel. I really appreciate all the positive feedback about the hotel and the staff that you encountered during your two visits. I will make sure that this is shared with the team here on property. I am very sorry to hear about the issues you experienced whilst you parked at our property. I will make sure that this is followed up with parking eye and I apologise for all the inconvenience caused. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Goettingen, Germany
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I can definitely recommend this hotel. It is situated so very close to the airport, that we just walked very early in the morning to the airport. There is also a good bus connection with the city.

The room was nicely decorated, the bathroom very clean and well equipped. I slept like a baby on the comfortable bed. The staff at the reception was friendly and helpful.

This is perhaps rather short opinion but, it could be even shorter: a very good airport hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dirk_CY, Manager at Courtyard Aberdeen Airport, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Traveller,

Thank you very much for taking time out to complete a review for our hotel. We really appreciate you sharing your valuable feedback and recommending us to other travellers. I will make sure the positive comments about our reception team are shared and celebrated. I am pleased to hear you had a good night sleep. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Trondheim
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the deluxe room. Fairly large room, king size bed, crisp and clean, modern and quite fancy, big TV, good internet connection, extremely friendly staff. Just a short walk from the airport (shortcut through the carpark). Didn't try the restaurant or any food.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dirk_CY, Manager at Courtyard Aberdeen Airport, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Traveller,

Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel. We really appreciate all the feedback we receive at the hotel and I am pleased to read you have enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure your comments about our friendly staff are shared with the team.
I hope we can welcome you back in the near future