“Courtyard”

Courtyard Aberdeen Airport
Ranked #23 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed in this hotel end of July for one night. Brand new hotel and spotless in rooms and Bar.
It seemed to be the hottest night of the year in Aberdeen and Guess what the air conditioning in the Hotel was not working. On check out was informed the engineer was due out to investigate the fault. Apart from the AC not working a very nice hotel

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Dirk_CY, Manager at Courtyard Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. We did indeed have an issue with our air conditioning and this affected a section of 12 rooms. I do apologise for the inconvenienced caused. Thank you again for your feedback which I will share with the team here.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Helpful, friendly staff made it a great stay.
Park in a nearby side street to avoid the silly £5 charge, for customers, to park there overnight.

Note the "fine" for parking or overstaying without paying may well be unenforceable under Scots Law, seek advice before paying...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tony A
Dirk_CY, Manager at Courtyard Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Tony,

Thank you for your review and thank you for your feedback. We were happy to read that you experienced friendly and helpful staff and had a great stay. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed here 8/10/2014. There is no shuttle as advertised. Had to take taxi to hotel which is walkable, but not with our luggage. Shuttle service offered back to airport was bus ticket on city bus. Hotel has nice pub, with good local food.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Nancy,

Thank you for completing a review and thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you were not able to use our shuttle service; this is available to and from the airport by the 727 bus. The shuttle is not owned by the hotel. Thank you for your nice comments about our Bistro, I will pass this on to the team here.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

There's quite a lot of hotel competition at ABZ airport - so nice to have another choice. I needed a bed after arriving from Manchester on an evening flight and flying to Shetland the following morning. I received a free drinks voucher on check in and was told all about the facilities - including the handy snack shop at the reception. Room was stylish and comfortable - just right for what I needed. Not an absolute bargain price, but good value for some comfort before the next leg of my journey.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Dirk_CY, Manager at Courtyard Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. I am glad to read that you had a comfortable stay before your next flight at our hotel. I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The hotel itself was comfortable and clean and the staff seemed friendly enough. However a few days after our stay I arrived home & received a rather unpleasant demand for £100 for parking overnight in their car park (apparently it's run by a desperate company) I had paid the £5.00 requested by the hotel for this privilege but still received the notice???? When I called the hotel they asked me to email the details of the notice to them & they would 'investigate'. I duly did as requested and got nothing back from them at all, not even an acknowledgement that they'd received my email. I had to call again today only to be told they did receive it and will be in touch in a few days. I am not happy!!!! So beware if you stay at this hotel as you may get a nasty surprise when you get home.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Tarlogie
Dirk_CY, Manager at Courtyard Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Tarlogie

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review. I am glad to hear you did enjoy your stay. I am sorry to hear about the parking fine you received, and the lack of communication following your e-mail to the hotel. This is clearly not up to our standards. I will need some more details so I can investigate fully. I kindly ask you to contact me directly on the details below so I can be of further assistance. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.

dirk.bunskoek@courtyard.com

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have stayed here a few times now, overnight stays prior to morning flights - the hotel is perfect for the airport but not if you are visiting the town centre, which is a long way by car/taxi (20 - 40 mins depending on traffic)
The food in the restaurant is of an acceptable standard, but dont think about ordering a glass of 'tap water' as they dont supply water from the tap! I was told by a friendly waitress that all drinks must be bought at the bar as they were a 'Bistro'...
The kitchen closes at 10:00 pm so if you arrive later there is a cold selection of lite bites which can be microwaved by yourself beside the foyer. If you need to buy a 2litre boittle of water from the foyer it will set you back £4
Breakfast starts at 6am so if your flight is earlier you will not be able to get a hot meal, but there is coffee and cereals

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Dirk_CY, Manager at Courtyard Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Gary,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review. I am glad to hear you were satisfied with us as an airport hotel and its facilities. I am sorry to hear about the tap water, we certainly do offer this and I will pick this up with the team. Should you wish to travel into town we do offer complimentary bus tickets at reception to all our guests. As a Courtyard by Marriott hotel we have a select service food and beverage offering and we do ask our guests to order all items at the bar.
Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have stayed here a couple of time now's, the rooms are a decent size with a desk and chair in the room. All areas were clean and staff were friendly. The meals were adequate although choice could probably be improved. I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Dirk_CY, Manager at Courtyard Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear David,
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you found the staff to be friendly and the rooms clean. In regards to the menu choice, we do offer a number of chef’s specials alongside our main menu. These specials change on a weekly basis. When you stay with us again please feel free to speak to one of our associates in the Bistro should there be something that you fancy which is not on our menu and we will do our best to prepare this for you.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future