“Still disappointed second time around ...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carluccio's Aberdeen

Carluccio's Aberdeen
Ranked #111 of 658 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Still disappointed second time around ...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

I visited this establishment for a second time with some work colleagues. Our office is located next to Union Square so you can imagine my horror when a two course lunch for five people took pretty much two hours because of the slow service. I just can't get my head around the reasons why the service is soooo slow. When we were asked if we were ready to order our drinks, we'd already been sitting there for approximately 15 minutes so in order to prevent us having to wait much longer during the course of our stay, I asked everyone at the table if they were ready to order. Thankfully they were, however, this didn't speed the experience up at all.

If you are short of time, please don't dine here at a lunchtime. And again, the food was nothing special. My colleague had to get up and go looking for a member of waiting staff because no one seemed interested in ascertaining if we'd like to pay our bill. I watched our waitress look in the general vicinity of our table three times yet she didn't appear to be actually focusing otherwise she would have spotted at least one of us trying to get her attention. I don't understand the hype about this place. Something needs to be done about the service.

1 Thank Donna M

• Greek first
“Very slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

We visited today for lunch and was quite disappointed. The food was ok but the service was poor at best. Very slow. They took what seemed like an eternity to bring the drinks and then took over the wrong drinks! The food was very slow in coming out and we had already had to wait a long tune to order. It was busy but there was plenty of staff working. The food itself was ok and nicely presented but not great value for money! It was quite a strange atmosphere and overall not the best experience. The staff were friendly when they were around!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
“Waiting staff were rude and very unhelpful.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Disappointed again with service and attitude of more than one member of staff. The lady in charge of seating customers on Saturday the 28th lunchtime service was unwilling to cooperate. After asking for a table for 5 and being refused we then asked for a table for 2 and 3 however she made every excuse to turn away our business.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Pleasant Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Was in town shopping,passed by and it looked very welcoming, which it was. The waiter & waitress who served me were both excellent, very polite & with a smile on their face.
I had Cod in caper & lemmon butter with crushed potatoes, excellent, cooked really well, compliments to the kitchen.
Altough I really enjoyed my lunch, I felt that one main, with fizzy water & espresso , £25 was a bit on the steep side ! and at that price I didn't even get a bit of bread while waiting for my food.
Never the less I will return as I enjoyed the food & service, miles better than that other italian belonging to a famous chef.

United Kingdom
“Bland food and that communal salt dish!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Went here for a late lunch shortly after this place opened it was not particularly busy as it was the time between lunch and dinner but we had to wait 15mins before anyone came to take a drinks order although there was plenty staff milling about it seemed disorganised! Food was bland needed seasoning but the salt was in a small dish on the table, who knows how many hands had been in it before us so I was not going to put that on my food!! That totally put me off the place!

• Visited August 2013