“Couldn't have asked for more.”

Carluccio's Aberdeen
Ranked #135 of 699 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I'll start with an apology to our waitress. I cannot for the life of me recall her name. But she was excellent, really attentive, engaging and funny.

I visit the Glasgow site a lot so I was surprised to read some poor reports. Well, I can report that Carluccio's in Aberdeen hits the usual standards I expect from Glasgow.

The food as always was excellent. The prices are fair. All the staff are great. We were early but no fuss or pouting like you get in some other places. It was straightforward and we were made to feel welcome from the first to the last.

I know this is a restaurant chain and the food is pretty much the same in all outlets. But they can still mess up with different chefs with differing skills. I can say with confidence I've never had a bad meal in a Carluccio's and this visit was no different.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I could have eaten cardboard in this restaurant, but the manager Liam made the visit one of the best trips out to eat for me, he was fun, cordial, natural and enthusiastic, which made the evening for my guests and I. The food was excellent and the prawn marinara was perfect followed by a perfectly cooked veal. As I said at the beginning the service was the most impressive that I have come across in recent years, so much so I have been inspired to join trip advisor and make these comments so that others can share the delight of going to Carluccio's in Union Square Aberdeen. It is worth the visit just to experience the welcome and excellent hospitality of Liam and the staff, as I have found in Aberdeen the service to be generally sub-standard and frankly bland. Thanks for a great night.

1  Thank annettespeacock
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Came here for food on a date and service was very quick and friendly food was amazing very welcoming would defo be back !!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Was looking forward to our visit but unfortunately was left quite disappointed. Starter was pretty tasteless and when my family received their mains I was told that my choice had run out. I then had to wait an extra 20 minutes after every one else had finished. Won't be going back again.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had been in Union Square and was seeking a restaurant that would be open early for breakfast. There are limited choices at 8.30 am! However, having been to Carluccio's for lunch several times (and not having been a fan) I decided to give their breakfast a go after viewing the breakfast menu. The woman who greeted me with a cheery good morning was lovely. Such a delight to experience first thing in the morning. The restaurant was very quiet, with only two other tables being occupied. I was delighted to hear that they provide soya milk coffees so after ordering a soya milk cappuccino, I then ordered a dish that consisted of toasted ciabatta, grilled pancetta and two poached eggs. On the menu, they were listed as fried but when I asked if I could have mine poached, it wasn't a problem. The dish was tasty, and just the right portion size. The bill came to £9.10. What a delightful way to start off my flex Friday. I will definitely be back for breakfast here.