Another good Prem inn. Don’t let the outside of this edifice fool you. I’m still at a loss as to how you get planning permission for something like this in a place like Aberdeen. That must have been some council backhander!
Check in was perfect – did the usual of asking for a quiet room on the top floor absolutely no problems the check in staff moved my room in a mouse click and with a friendly smile.
Having a top floor room means you avoid having to suffer the anti-social inconsiderate breed of Elephant that is prone to stay in the room above you. You know, the kind of moron who can’t close a door quietly (if you don’t then its you!)
Check in staff were attentive, informative and helpful. Room was fine. Very clean and warm. Hotel restaurant was very cosy and the food is fine. It seems like it can get busy here so I’d advise booking a table in advance on check in.
If you don’t want to eat in the Hotel (and there is no reason other then fancying a change) have a stroll up Union street and find some of the nice Bistros off that street. Breakfast was perfect. Plenty of choice. I would say the staff in this place are exceptional. Every one I spoke to could not do enough for you and all with a smile.
Its a busy congested city so don’t bother with a hire car - if you do check ahead for parking. Just showing up in a city and expecting there o be parking is a fools errand. Call ahead first!
If you book a taxi from the hotel you will be collected on the floor below reception (hit -1 on the lift) Hotel to airport is around 20 mins all in. The hotel is very central so if your coming to Aberdeen for a holiday break you should stay here and you wont be disappointed. Unless your one of these strange people who think having period furniture dotted about the place and spending more makes a hotel “better” that is. Sadly I didn’t see Lenny Henry YET again. One day though…..one day…….
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're in Aberdeen for business or pleasure, a stay at Premier Inn Hotel Aberdeen City Centre puts both on your doorstep. Conference venues like the University and the Exhibition and Conference Centre are within easy reach, as are all the sights and sounds of North East Scotland's most vibrant city. Spend the morning strolling the streets of Aberdeen and visiting the famous granite landmarks like the Town House. Don't miss the chance to get some serious shopping done too. Then why not have fish and chips strolling along the Esplanade. After lunch there's still plenty to do, with the Maritime Museum or the Arts Centre to explore. Then it's time to head home for mouth-watering food in our restaurant and a refreshing sleep in our comfy beds. Limited car parking available at an additional cost. Directions: From A90, follow A9013 into Aberdeen City Centre. Turn onto the A956 towards King Street and take the 1st left into Meal Market Street. Please note car parking is chargeable and limited at this hotel - please contact the hotel for further details. Transport and local information: Aberdeen Art Gallery The Maritime Museum Aberdeen Train Station 1 mile Aberdeen Airport 6 miles Aberdeen Ferry 0.5 mile ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn, Booking.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel Aberdeen
- Travel Lodge Aberdeen
- Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel Scotland