Aberdeen has spread but, once you get the central part sorted out, the Premier Inn is ideally situated, being a short walk from the city centre.
To be honest, it's not a pretty building, reminiscent of what I've seen in East Berlin but once you're inside that impression dissipates.
As I was approaching it, for a one night stay, other guests were stepping out, for a night's entertainment. Not me! What I needed was comfortable bed and a cosy environment: which is what I got. And, blissfully, a bath!
I was well impressed by the bed: room for four and, probably, the most comfortable bed I've EVER slept in, in a hotel. What's more-choices of pillows!!!!
Me, being a princess, chose the soft ones.
The breakfast was excellent, with lots of choice, Although the staff seemed a bit under pressure at times, they made it up in friendliness.
I liked the hidden menace in the notices about No Smoking.
Quite Right. Nobody who's a non-smoker wants that acrid aroma tickling their tonsils, as they sleep.
The one reminded me of a friend of mine, whose husband had been a diplomat. On her kitche wall she had a quotation: "A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to Hell, and you think: "That sounds a rather nice place to go!"
And, I also like the way the hotel policy looks after single women guests, putting you in rooms that aren't at the ends of corridors.
Not that I've ever felt threatened, where I've stayed, but that's a NIce Thought!
Would I stay there again? YES!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're in Aberdeen for business or pleasure, a stay at Premier Inn Hotel Aberdeen City Centre puts both on your doorstep. Conference venues like the University and the Exhibition and Conference Centre are within easy reach, as are all the sights and sounds of North East Scotland's most vibrant city. Spend the morning strolling the streets of Aberdeen and visiting the famous granite landmarks like the Town House. Don't miss the chance to get some serious shopping done too. Then why not have fish and chips strolling along the Esplanade. After lunch there's still plenty to do, with the Maritime Museum or the Arts Centre to explore. Then it's time to head home for mouth-watering food in our restaurant and a refreshing sleep in our comfy beds. Limited car parking available at an additional cost. Directions: From A90, follow A9013 into Aberdeen City Centre. Turn onto the A956 towards King Street and take the 1st left into Meal Market Street. Please note car parking is chargeable and limited at this hotel - please contact the hotel for further details. Transport and local information: Aberdeen Art Gallery The Maritime Museum Aberdeen Train Station 1 mile Aberdeen Airport 6 miles Aberdeen Ferry 0.5 mile ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Premier Inn, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel Aberdeen
- Travel Lodge Aberdeen
- Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel Scotland