“Mixed review” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel
Ranked #8 of 63 Hotels in Aberdeen
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Mixed review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed for 2 nights, check in was good. Got to our room which smelt very smoky, although someone had been smoking in it just before we arrived. As non smokers we asked for another room, which turned out to be a lot bigger and brighter but sadly still a wee bit smoky. The staff where very accommodating with the room change. Our room 205 faced the road, some noise from traffic but not too bad. Next morning the cleaner knocked on our door just as we were getting ready to head out for the day, we asked her to come back in 5 minutes. After a day out we were disappointed to return in the evening to find our room had not been attended to, no tea or coffee, bed not made and wet towels still in the bath. Nadia who was working on reception did a great job resolving this issue. But it just was an inconvenience we didn't need. It's not put me off using premier inn, I have been offered a refund of one night accommodation which I look forward to getting, might even use it to book another room, just at a different premier inn!
Good location, and parking, although £10 for each 24 hour period was a bit steep.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Derek A, General Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Karen Y,

thank you for your review. I do apologise about the smokey rooms. All premier inns are non smoking but there are guests that ignore this.

I will have to pass this information onto housekeeping department, and apologise that this did happen. I do hope you come back and stay with us again.

Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Greek first
Golspie, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Staff need training on how do treat guests. Friends and myself stayed here for a night, thankfully it was just the one night, some members of staff were rude, judgemental with major attitude. Disgusting behaviour and most definitely wont be booking again worst place i have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Heres a tip, dont stay here!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank AlanaOB
Derek A, General Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Hello AlanaOB,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, we are very grateful for all feeback we recieve.

I do apologise to hear your stay was not great with us. Your feedback has been noted and we will make every end avour to rectify any training issues or staff attitudes.

Should you wish to speak with me please do not hesitate to contact myself at city centre.

We do hope to see you again in the future.
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Enjoyed our stay. The staff were friendly, efficient and helpful. The facilities and breakfast were good for a budget hotel. The hotel was quiet. It was very central only 5-10 minutes walk from Union Street and all the shops and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hello Siobhan H,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, we are very grateful for all feedback we recieve.

Thank you for the great, positive feedback you have gave us. I shall pass this onto all departments.

We hope to see you again in the future.
Nairn, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I always use Premier Inns as I have severe back problems. As always I had a great nights sleep as the beds are of good quality. however, I am disgusted that as a customer I had to pay £10 per night to use the car park. This is just madness for any hotel to sell off its car park. I will not be using this particular Premier Inn again for that reason. It's such a shame as the staff are very helpfull and friendly.

Room Tip: Don't stay in rooms over looking the student accommodation.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hello carolina_moir,

I do apologise for this, another company has taken contol of the car park to keep it tidier and more efficent for people to park in.

Thank you for your great feedback regarding the staff and i shall pass this feedback onto all departments.

I hope to see you again in the future.
Dundee, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel perhaps 10 times. This time when I arrived the first thing I noticed was the car park is chargeable. As was pointed out, this information is available on the website, but is very very easily missed and is the first time I have been to a Premier Inn with chargeable parking. Not such a major issue, but £10 to park your car for the night, sorry I won't be staying again. When I queried this at the desk, it was good cop and bad cop with one member of staff explaining the issue and the other giving me a telling off for not noticing and how it "wasn't their problem". The room was what you expect of a Premier Inn and despite the city centre location it is quiet with multiple glazing keeping noise to a minimum. The bathroom could do with a makeover and was very tired indeed with patchy ceiling and mastic peeling everywhere. It took forever for the shower to heat up and the fan in the bathroom was very noisy indeed.

I had booked a breakfast and this was as ever excellent with good service and quality food.

Overall I found the hotel a little tired and in need of a bit of TLC, but with the charge of £10 on top of the bill just to park your car, I'd go for one of the other hotels nearby with parking for free and spend the extra on the room, so won't be going back. I'd say some training is required for some of the staff too. Shame as the location is excellent for the city centre.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Derek A, General Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Hello Captain-StuABZ,

Regarding the car park it has been taking over by a company LPS, they now control the car park to keep it more tidier and better for guest to park into.
In the City Centre we are the cheapest hotel to park into overnight.

I do apologise your stay wasnt upto your standards and this feedback will be passed onto all departments and teams.

I hope to see you again in the future.
Golspie
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel at half 3 to be told that we wouldn't be able to check in for a while yet because they hadn't replaced the bed sheets, we asked as we had travelled by train if we could leave our bags to which the members of staff were not happy about but eventually said they had room, as they begun putting out cases into storage we could hear them swearing. When we eventually were able to check in, the lady on reception was unhappy we had asked to check in and threw the room cards at us, in the room the towels were unclean with make up on them! The next morning when we went down for breakfast, the man in the dining room was very rude telling us that we should not be in the room that we were in, will definitely NOT be staying in this hotel again,staff behaviour was appalling, obviously needing training!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Hello bethmackenzie,

I do apologise for your stay and if you could contact me at City Centre on 01224624080 i would like to know more about your stay and i would like to dicuss it with you.

Again i do apologise for your stay and this feedback wil be passed to all departments.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here from 16th Oct until 21st Oct a lovely hotel with excellent staff nothing was to much trouble very friendly when you consider the turn over of guests. we had a problem with guests next room very noisy I would like to thank the lady that dealt with it she was really good changing our room to another floor and helping us to move to it .I hope the staff read the reviews
because I would like her to know how understanding I thought she was I cannot recall her name but I hope she knows who we are .you cannot fault the staff from restaurant staff to housekeeping not forgetting reception .A very enjoyable stay first class visiting an elderly relative we will be up to Aberdeen again and will being staying at this very friendly hotel again

Room Tip: 4th floor good
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Derek A, General Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Dear angela s,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback we really do appreciate it.

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us, I shall pass your lovely comments onto all the departments and let all the staff know that you appreciated thier service.

Thank you once again for your feedback, we hope to see you again soon.

Regards