“aberdeen”

Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel
Ranked #3 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Very comfortable hotel close to all amenities use this hotel for concerts and short breaks very central everything you need for a short stay. Friendly staff nice restrauant although plenty places to eat close by.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Derek A, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Elizabeth B

Thank you for leaving us your review and we hope to see you in the near future til then, we all wish you well.

Derek Anderson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,252)

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Service received from the reception staff was excellent and friendly and our room was up to scratch, clean and welcoming. My only two gripes were the restaurant which was poorly staffed and I felt overpriced for the standard pub food. Breakfast was pretty much help yourself, we were shown to a table and left to it. Many items had ran out and had not been replenished but we still paid the same price. Coffee and tea also not made on arrival but in urns stewing away it tasted awful. I have had a better breakfast elsewhere for less. Waiting staff seemed disorganised and I believe they were short staffed. Parking was an issue being charged for parking for two nights you would expect to get a space, however this is not guaranteed and twice we had to park elsewhere. If you cannot guarantee or allocate a space then you should not be charging people to park. There are clearly not enough spaces. The hotel itself is fine and in a good location, the room and all other amenities were good but with a few tweaks could have been excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Kirkychic

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review, I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay due mainly to the breakfast and dinner service. We are constsantly improving our service to our guests and our team members are now training to provide a better, more efficient dinner service, so I hope you will visit with us in the near future so you may aee the differance for yourself, till then we all wish you the very best.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

After a 7 hour drive,arrived to find no spaces in the carpark,so was directed to another one.
Checked into my room. Very clean, usual excellent Premier standards.
Went to dinner at 7.30. To be told if I hadn't booked there was nothing till 9. After a little discussion I was found a table. 4 tables around me remained empty all night!
The service was terribly slow and must say it was the worst meal I'd had in a long time.Several other tables were also complaining too! One table got up and walked out when their main came.
Breakfast wasn't much better.Stood ages waiting to be seated.Staff running round like headless chickens and most of the hot food was cold!!!

Room Tip: If you do manage to get in the carpark it's £5 for 24 hours with no guarantee if you go out you...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank nttm_guy
Derek A, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear mttm_guy

Thank you for leaving us your review and I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Sadly our hotel does have limited parking spaces as quoted on our website, however, the cost of parking here is one of the cheapest in Aberdeen and is a small cost to have our car park regularly patrolled making vehicles secure. I am sorry that our dinner/breakfast service let us down, but we are making every endevour to improve our service to our guests, for this reason I hope you will give our hotel another chance later in the year, till then we wish you well.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

All in all, this was a decent night's stay. The lady at reception from Estonia was lovely and most welcoming. Rooms adequate, large and comfortable bed and plenty of work space. Not so aesthetically pleasing, yet I would imagine there is no pressure to update as business is pretty much guaranteed in Aberdeen.

Paying for wifi in this day and age is a bit of a joke, especially when competitors offer it for free. Parking at £5 was cheaper than elsewhere I suppose.

My biggest issue was the service at dinner. Having worked in pressurised kitchen environments I'm usually very patient. First of all, it wasnt busy at all. It took 10 minutes for anyone to see to me after sitting down, ok not a major issue. A further 10 minutes it took to receive my drink. Next, having been sitting 45 minutes, I hadn't received my starter. After voicing my concern, my main course was brought out 5 minutes later? So that was sent back as I had already paid for 3 courses. My starter finally arrived after one hour at the table! Another 20 minutes passed before I received my main. Credit to them for not bringing the same dish as they attempted the first time. What was even more disappointing was the quality of the food! Restaurant prices but certainly not restaurant quality!

In conclusion, stay here for one night if required, do not dine!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ron1991

Dear ron1991

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that our dinner service let us down, however, we are constantly improving our service and we hope you will perhaps visit with us again in the near future, till then we wish you all the very best.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Had a great time went up to see Family and the hotel was the perfect location so close to station and the main street for shops friendly staff and very helpfull accommodation was very clean and comfortable will come back again

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Gordon H

Firstly thank you for taking the time to leave us your review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that my team members made you feel welcome, we look forward to seeing you again until then, we wish you well.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

My boyfriend and I had our Valentines stay here. I had stayed here in December 2013 and it was awesome. I was greeted on both occasions and they couldn't have been more helpful. This most recent time it was Beckie that checked me in. She was so friendly and assured me that if there were any problems then to let us know. I had told her how great the last time was so it was all good. The rooms were very clean and well presented and cosy. However, the problem that I had which I didn't know until it was too late was that the beds were rock solid and I woke up with a bad back. I went down for breakfast which was awesome as per. I then Noticed that Beckie was working and that I had spoken to her the day before that u loved it at the premier Inn and I said just honestly, I really didn't sleep. She apologised and then refunded the room without any further questions. I was shocked by it. Beckie was such a great help. She even looked after my case while I went shopping for a while. Overall I was happy with the room. Just a shame that the beds were solid... but Beckie was great with me and I would stay there again, just not on the fourth floor.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear ClaireNicol09 I am glad you enjoyed your stay, Beckie is definetly an asset to our team and I am pleased to hear that she assisted you and I will certinly pass your kind comments on to her, till we see you again we wish you well.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Nice, neat, tidy, quiet room. Value for money all the time. The meals are reasonably priced as well and are hearty and filling. If you are looking to stay in Aberdeen on a budget, you would struggle to find better. It is also excellent for commuting as you are in the city centre and a short walk from Union Street and Union Square shopping mall

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher floors, they are the most quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Derek A, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear markanju Thank you for your response I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay, we will endevour to continue the care and attention we give our guests and improve our service.
Hope to see you again soon.