“Big room, delicious breakfast!”

Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel
Ranked #3 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed here for a week to attend a course in the area. Check in was quick and easy. The room was large, ample room for luggage, desk for working/studying, TV with free-view channels and WIFI cost £10 for the whole week (or 30 minutes free per day). The bathroom was also large and the shower was powerful to my liking. The location is excellent for getting to Union street/bus/train station. Breakfast was delicious, buffet style so eat as much/little as you wish. I never had a problem with queuing or waiting for food, however I am an 'early bird' so the negative reviews I've read about having to wait may be attributable to people going for breakfast at 'peak times'. I had dinner in the restaurant twice and on both occasions the food and service was excellent. This was my first time staying at a Premier Inn and would definitely return if staying in the area in future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Derek A, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Hi, Thanks for your review on your recent stay with us here at the Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre. I’d like to thank you for your kind comments with regards to the whole hotel and I am glad that we have made an impression as you would return if staying in the area in the future. Our breakfast like all has ‘peak times’ however we have a new process in place, which will hopefully reduce the queuing for people. I do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

2 night stay. Good size room. Biggest bed I've ever slept in. Skipped breakfast, went to asda - half the price. Evening meal was excellent. Nice restaurant, Had stake one night, was so good I went back the next for more. Saved hunting for restaurant. Staff all very pleasant. Parking good nice man helps you find a space and how to work the machine. Only pay per night after you get a parking space. Booked well in advance so was £106 for 2 nights. No Vodaphone reception on the back facing bedrooms but full 3G at the front of the building. Couldn't work out the shower settings, shower cold unless you turned on the bath taps a bit to get heat. Decided to pass the second morning as I'm going home now. Shower there that's easier to work! Despite that I think this will be hotel of choice now in Aberdeen.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Fraser C
Derek A, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Hi Fraser,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre. Premier Inn do our best to ensure that our guests enjoy all aspects of their stay and I am delighted to read that you had a good size room with the biggest bed you’ve ever slept in. With regards to your breakfast although Asda was half the price, the ‘Premier Breakfast’ is all you can eat and this is why it is priced at £8.25. It’s brilliant to read that you enjoyed your steak and even came back for more the next night! I’m sorry that you could not get Vodaphone reception this is due to their not being enough network coverage in the hotel for that provider but in future if you ask to be allocated to the front of the hotel we can certainly try to do this for you. Also with regards to your shower, if this problem happens again on your next visit please advise a receptionist or housekeeper and we will get maintenance to have a look for you. I am glad that we’ve been able to make you choose Premier Inn when staying in Aberdeen and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the City.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Hotels in Aberdeen tend to be expensive, so used the Premier Inn as I needed to stay for a couple of nights without spending a fortune, even so the nightly rate is over a hundred pounds. The location is walking distance from the station and middle of town so convenient.
Premier Inn have a slightly different attitude to most hotels, you pay for your room and breakfast when you check in, so I decided to skip the meals and eat out.
The food was a good size, everything worked and the standard of cleanliness and so on was good. Add to this polite and efficient staff and this branch has much to recommend it, I'd use it again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hello Glen, Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre. For future visits if you book online at www.premierinn.com you will find our saver rates which are generally our cheapest rooms, all terms and conditions can be read there. I am happy to read that the staff were polite and efficient and I am sure they will pleased to see this. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Overall a good two night stay with our toddler. The family room was spacious, though tired looking. Staff were very friendly, helping us with our stuff up to the room. Comfy beds, though only given a thin blanket for the cot. Thankfully had our own blanket and pillow for the little one. Unfortunately the ceiling above the bath was covered in mould. There are a variety of ways to combat mould in bathrooms, and it didn't look like any had been attempted for quite a while considering the amount that was on the ceiling, and going down one of the walls. Wifi was down the first night, which was inconvenient for my husband who had an important interview the next day. I think free Wifi has to be the way to go on this. We also didn't get a very good price for the hotel, despite the great value rooms advertised but all in all, nay bad!

Room Tip: Family rooms spacious but remember to bring extra blankets/pillows for your tot.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Derek A, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us here at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre. I am glad that you found your room to be spacious and the staff friendly. I am sorry to hear that you found mould on your bathroom roof and I can ensure you that we are in the process of sorting this problem. For future visits you can book with us on www.premierinn.com you will find our cheapest rooms there in advance. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

First, comms, no signal on Vodaphone or 3 and wifi free for just half an hour, wake up Premier, even the big boys have completely free wifi.
Room, tired, scratched woodwork and very basic TV.
First morning - time to shower, just tepid/cool water. the a 10 minute wait for breakfast and then, no grapefruit, red berries, hash browns or mushrooms. Complained about the shower only to be invited to move room there and then - already running late because of breakfast queue so declined and asked for it to be repaired.
Day 2, guess what, shower still not working and take a look at the photos of the stained bathroom ceiling, cracked tiling and festy sealant along the bath, not to mention the cracks in the bath enamel. Got to breakfast 15 minutes earlier - and still a queue, not because of tables being full, not enough staff to sort them out.

£157 per night, total ripoff

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
1  Thank R W
Derek A, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear RW, I do apologise for the problems that have occurred during your recent stay with us. As a company we are looking into the Wifi price and hopefully this will be addressed in the near future. With regards to the room being tired we are aware of this issue and are due to be refurbished in the coming months. I can only apologise again for the wait in breakfast there are peak times which can make the restaurant a busy place. I would like for yourself to contact me at the hotel on 01224 624080 to discuss our Good Night Guarantee or alternatively speak to anyone of the receptionists or email myself on f&bmgraberdeencc.pi@premierinn.com to discuss the issues and so that we can deal with this problem efficiently. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Initial Impressions good, helpful parking attendant finding spaces and arranging payment (£5 / 24 hours) at Reception as ticket machine was broken.

Parking is limited, and if you leave your space no guarantee you'll get another one whether paid for or not.

Booking in was fast and easy with a warm welcome. Booking changes and changing length of stay done efficiently and with a smile.

Walking to room, a joint in the corridor carpet done with Gaffer type tape gave a poor impression.

Room is typical Premier Inn style and furnishings. Some wear to desktop and bathroom walls.

Tea and coffee materials set up with real attention to detail.

Possible bloodstain on window sill definitely NOT Premier Inn standard. Dealt with swiftly after a note left in room for housekeeping.

Despite the lapse, another solid performance from Premier inn.

Restaurant / breakfast not tried after reading other reviews.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Blueman R, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your recent stay with us here at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre. With regards to the parking, this was brought into place by a company called LPS due to health and safety of the car park. This being in placed has helped a lot with over crowding and finding spaces. I am glad that the receptionists managed to check you efficiently and with a smile is even better. With regards to the carpet we are currently awaiting a refurbishment and this will be sorted as soon as possible. I do apologise about the mark on the window and I am glad that we managed to resolve this issue for you during your stay. Again thank you for leaving a review and I do hope we can welcome you back to the City Centre Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Fraid carpets, scratched and damaged furniture, rooms are depressing when you walk in, and I know its got an Aberdeen premium but £149 for this room is robbery. Staff were chatting amongst themselves how bad their jobs are, if I had to sell that hotel I would complain as well. On a positive side the bed was surprisingly comfortable.

1  Thank 542stig

Dear 542stig, I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre. The hotel is due to be refurbished in the next few months as we are aware some of the rooms are looking a bit tired in comparison to our other hotels. With regards to the team chatting about how bad their jobs were I do apologise about this they should not have been doing this and I have addressed this issue with the receptionists. If you can please contact any of the receptionists on 01224 624080 we would be happy to deal with this issue under our good night guarantee or alternatively email myself on f&bmgraberdeencc.pi@premierinn.com and I will be able to deal. I can only apologise again for the issues you had and I look forward to hearing from you.