Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel
Ranked #3 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed here for two nights in April. We had booked a family room well in advance and paid £55 per night room only. Breakfast was available, payable daily, for £9 per adult. Kids eat free.

The room was spacious with a HUGE double bed and two fold out beds (both of which were perfectly comfortable) yet there was still enough room to walk around. The room was adequately clean.

The staff we came into contact with were professional and polite.

Hotel is walking distance to the beach front and the main shopping area. Plenty of parking charged locally.

You know what you're getting with Premier Inn whether it's in Aberdeen or Accrington. Book in advance and you'll get a bargain. If you're quoted more than £80-£100 a night and I'd be tempted to look around for something else but anything under that and you'll get value for money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Derek A, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

OldGrumps, It’s wonderful to see that you’ve taken the time to let us and others know about your recent stay with us here at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre. You are very right in saying if you book in advance you will get our cheaper rooms. I am delighted to read that you had enough room in your bedroom for your family and that you found our team to be professional and polite. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Aberdeen and we can welcome you back in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,252)

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Only a flying visit. Checked in late and checked out early.
Stayed in quite a few Premiers and this could do with a little updating in the room, bathroom old etc.
But staff friendly and was clean.
Expected more for £155 one night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hello Spooner0305, I would like to thank you for taking the opportunity to write a review on your recent stay with us here at Premier Inn. I am delighted to let you know that our hotel is a on a refurbishment programme which will be getting done within the next few months. With regards to the price you can get our cheaper rates online at www.premierinn.com because occupancy is high in Aberdeen I would advise you do this well in advance of your visit to receive our offers. I do hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights during a work conference in February 2014. I pre-requested an accessible room with a walk in shower as I am disabled; however when I arrived I was told that they do not have ANY disabled accessible rooms in the hotel! The staff were very apologetic, but were unable to help in any way; all they could offer me was a room with a 'lower' bath and handrails. Unfortunately the lower bath was still way too high for me to step into, and the handrails were on the side of the bath so no help at all when stepping in and out of the shower. I attempted to use the shower once, but slipped and nearly fell coming back out so was too afraid to try again.

The hotel itself was okay, pretty busy and very noisy during meal times, but I was really only using it as a base to sleep in so that wasn't a problem. Breakfast was fine, the usual options on offer, although making my own tea/coffee etc was an inconvenience (I walk with a stick, and buffet is very difficult one-handed), it wasn't a major issue. Staff were very pleasant in both restaurant and on reception.

The taxi driver who dropped me off on the first day at the bottom of a flight of stairs at the entrance to the hotel didn't tell me that there was an alternative level entrance at the back, off the car park - so please take note of this if you have trouble with stairs. I wouldn't stay here again because of the lack of disabled facilities, but there was nothing wrong with the hotel itself, it just didn't suit my accessibility needs.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Derek A, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Hello Mizliz_uk, I can only apologise for the inconvenience caused on your stay with us recently. Unfortunately none of our hotels in Aberdeen have wet rooms and they are all disabled accessible. With regards to breakfast any help that you need in the future from any Premier Inn the team would be happy to help if you were not able to use the self service buffet. Again I am sorry for the trouble this caused you on your recent stay.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

would recommend this premier inn very highly. from our check in all the way to leaving the staff were very friendly and helpful towards us, we had a meal and breakfast there and food very tasty. we done the deal and recommend as good value for money. nice and central and within walking distance to union street and a big morrisons supermarket around the corner as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Hello family_travellers70’s, I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am extremely happy to read that you would recommend our Premier Inn and that you found the staff very friendly. I do hope that we can welcome you back on your next visit to Aberdeen. Thank you.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed here for a week to attend a course in the area. Check in was quick and easy. The room was large, ample room for luggage, desk for working/studying, TV with free-view channels and WIFI cost £10 for the whole week (or 30 minutes free per day). The bathroom was also large and the shower was powerful to my liking. The location is excellent for getting to Union street/bus/train station. Breakfast was delicious, buffet style so eat as much/little as you wish. I never had a problem with queuing or waiting for food, however I am an 'early bird' so the negative reviews I've read about having to wait may be attributable to people going for breakfast at 'peak times'. I had dinner in the restaurant twice and on both occasions the food and service was excellent. This was my first time staying at a Premier Inn and would definitely return if staying in the area in future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hi, Thanks for your review on your recent stay with us here at the Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre. I’d like to thank you for your kind comments with regards to the whole hotel and I am glad that we have made an impression as you would return if staying in the area in the future. Our breakfast like all has ‘peak times’ however we have a new process in place, which will hopefully reduce the queuing for people. I do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

2 night stay. Good size room. Biggest bed I've ever slept in. Skipped breakfast, went to asda - half the price. Evening meal was excellent. Nice restaurant, Had stake one night, was so good I went back the next for more. Saved hunting for restaurant. Staff all very pleasant. Parking good nice man helps you find a space and how to work the machine. Only pay per night after you get a parking space. Booked well in advance so was £106 for 2 nights. No Vodaphone reception on the back facing bedrooms but full 3G at the front of the building. Couldn't work out the shower settings, shower cold unless you turned on the bath taps a bit to get heat. Decided to pass the second morning as I'm going home now. Shower there that's easier to work! Despite that I think this will be hotel of choice now in Aberdeen.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Fraser C
Derek A, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Hi Fraser,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre. Premier Inn do our best to ensure that our guests enjoy all aspects of their stay and I am delighted to read that you had a good size room with the biggest bed you’ve ever slept in. With regards to your breakfast although Asda was half the price, the ‘Premier Breakfast’ is all you can eat and this is why it is priced at £8.25. It’s brilliant to read that you enjoyed your steak and even came back for more the next night! I’m sorry that you could not get Vodaphone reception this is due to their not being enough network coverage in the hotel for that provider but in future if you ask to be allocated to the front of the hotel we can certainly try to do this for you. Also with regards to your shower, if this problem happens again on your next visit please advise a receptionist or housekeeper and we will get maintenance to have a look for you. I am glad that we’ve been able to make you choose Premier Inn when staying in Aberdeen and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the City.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Hotels in Aberdeen tend to be expensive, so used the Premier Inn as I needed to stay for a couple of nights without spending a fortune, even so the nightly rate is over a hundred pounds. The location is walking distance from the station and middle of town so convenient.
Premier Inn have a slightly different attitude to most hotels, you pay for your room and breakfast when you check in, so I decided to skip the meals and eat out.
The food was a good size, everything worked and the standard of cleanliness and so on was good. Add to this polite and efficient staff and this branch has much to recommend it, I'd use it again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hello Glen, Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre. For future visits if you book online at www.premierinn.com you will find our saver rates which are generally our cheapest rooms, all terms and conditions can be read there. I am happy to read that the staff were polite and efficient and I am sure they will pleased to see this. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.