“Prem inn Aberdeen”

Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel
Ranked #4 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Been there twice and thought it's one of the best hotels I've ever been to , great service and the rooms are fantastic .would go everytime I'm up there and recommend that everyone else go there as they are great .

• Stayed: April 2014
Derek A, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Pab25, I am delighted to read that your last two stays with us have been great and you have found our hotel to be one of the best you have ever stayed at. Thank you for your recommendation to other guests and I do hope that the team and I can welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

First arrived 14/4/14 for 2 night stay with my 2 kids , arrival ok room ok . Booked breakfast but OMG food terrible , i asked for soft boiled egg and when it came to table it SLID out of shell!!!. Also i have fussy eater who likes choc chip muffins and when asked if any left we were told NO, however 10 mins later another family came in asked same question and got PLATE of them. No impressed at all so cookie finally crumpled when ouot with kids i felt ill and ran to toliet only to FAINT then be sick 8 times over and over . Got back to hotel they called NHS 24 and i was told i had FOOD POISIONING !!!!!!!!!!!! refunded all money but that was end of holiday as i was in bed from 4pm to 9 am following day. DO NOT STAY HERE !!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: family rooms ok town side
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Hello 24Tinkerbell1973, I am so sorry to read about your recent stay with us here at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre. If you could please contact me direct at the hotel on 01224 624080 or alternatively on f&bmgraberdeencc.pi@whitbread.com as I would like to have the opportunity to discuss your stay with us. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed here for two nights in April. We had booked a family room well in advance and paid £55 per night room only. Breakfast was available, payable daily, for £9 per adult. Kids eat free.

The room was spacious with a HUGE double bed and two fold out beds (both of which were perfectly comfortable) yet there was still enough room to walk around. The room was adequately clean.

The staff we came into contact with were professional and polite.

Hotel is walking distance to the beach front and the main shopping area. Plenty of parking charged locally.

You know what you're getting with Premier Inn whether it's in Aberdeen or Accrington. Book in advance and you'll get a bargain. If you're quoted more than £80-£100 a night and I'd be tempted to look around for something else but anything under that and you'll get value for money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Derek A, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

OldGrumps, It’s wonderful to see that you’ve taken the time to let us and others know about your recent stay with us here at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre. You are very right in saying if you book in advance you will get our cheaper rooms. I am delighted to read that you had enough room in your bedroom for your family and that you found our team to be professional and polite. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Aberdeen and we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Only a flying visit. Checked in late and checked out early.
Stayed in quite a few Premiers and this could do with a little updating in the room, bathroom old etc.
But staff friendly and was clean.
Expected more for £155 one night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hello Spooner0305, I would like to thank you for taking the opportunity to write a review on your recent stay with us here at Premier Inn. I am delighted to let you know that our hotel is a on a refurbishment programme which will be getting done within the next few months. With regards to the price you can get our cheaper rates online at www.premierinn.com because occupancy is high in Aberdeen I would advise you do this well in advance of your visit to receive our offers. I do hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights during a work conference in February 2014. I pre-requested an accessible room with a walk in shower as I am disabled; however when I arrived I was told that they do not have ANY disabled accessible rooms in the hotel! The staff were very apologetic, but were unable to help in any way; all they could offer me was a room with a 'lower' bath and handrails. Unfortunately the lower bath was still way too high for me to step into, and the handrails were on the side of the bath so no help at all when stepping in and out of the shower. I attempted to use the shower once, but slipped and nearly fell coming back out so was too afraid to try again.

The hotel itself was okay, pretty busy and very noisy during meal times, but I was really only using it as a base to sleep in so that wasn't a problem. Breakfast was fine, the usual options on offer, although making my own tea/coffee etc was an inconvenience (I walk with a stick, and buffet is very difficult one-handed), it wasn't a major issue. Staff were very pleasant in both restaurant and on reception.

The taxi driver who dropped me off on the first day at the bottom of a flight of stairs at the entrance to the hotel didn't tell me that there was an alternative level entrance at the back, off the car park - so please take note of this if you have trouble with stairs. I wouldn't stay here again because of the lack of disabled facilities, but there was nothing wrong with the hotel itself, it just didn't suit my accessibility needs.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Derek A, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Hello Mizliz_uk, I can only apologise for the inconvenience caused on your stay with us recently. Unfortunately none of our hotels in Aberdeen have wet rooms and they are all disabled accessible. With regards to breakfast any help that you need in the future from any Premier Inn the team would be happy to help if you were not able to use the self service buffet. Again I am sorry for the trouble this caused you on your recent stay.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

would recommend this premier inn very highly. from our check in all the way to leaving the staff were very friendly and helpful towards us, we had a meal and breakfast there and food very tasty. we done the deal and recommend as good value for money. nice and central and within walking distance to union street and a big morrisons supermarket around the corner as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Hello family_travellers70’s, I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am extremely happy to read that you would recommend our Premier Inn and that you found the staff very friendly. I do hope that we can welcome you back on your next visit to Aberdeen. Thank you.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed here for a week to attend a course in the area. Check in was quick and easy. The room was large, ample room for luggage, desk for working/studying, TV with free-view channels and WIFI cost £10 for the whole week (or 30 minutes free per day). The bathroom was also large and the shower was powerful to my liking. The location is excellent for getting to Union street/bus/train station. Breakfast was delicious, buffet style so eat as much/little as you wish. I never had a problem with queuing or waiting for food, however I am an 'early bird' so the negative reviews I've read about having to wait may be attributable to people going for breakfast at 'peak times'. I had dinner in the restaurant twice and on both occasions the food and service was excellent. This was my first time staying at a Premier Inn and would definitely return if staying in the area in future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hi, Thanks for your review on your recent stay with us here at the Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre. I’d like to thank you for your kind comments with regards to the whole hotel and I am glad that we have made an impression as you would return if staying in the area in the future. Our breakfast like all has ‘peak times’ however we have a new process in place, which will hopefully reduce the queuing for people. I do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.