“Again??”

Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Armadale, United Kingdom
“Again??”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

After a terrible stay the last time round I thought I would give this hotel another chance due to location. I really shouldn't have.

After booking I had an e-mail to inform me of renovations being done to the hotel and no parking would be available though no noise was promised. No offer to cancel was given.

I arrived at the hotel tonight and am now sat in my room while it sounds like someone is drilling in the basement below me. The time is 23:40hrs. The hotel assure me that no-one is working, And after night security coming to the room I'm being told that the noise I'm hearing is an air lock in a water pipe. Scant consolation for the night of zero sleep I'll be having.

Two stays, Two terrible experiences. Not good Premier Inn. This is your most expensive hotel I have ever had the misfortune of booking to stay in. I'm starting to get the feeling you end up giving back more than you keep.

This is my nightmare hotel, pure and simple. I'm not coming back (shouldn't have even considered it this time!) and If you have any sense of self preservation, you won't book here either.

Going to need lucozade for the drive back to Edinburgh in the morning!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Derek A, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hi Colin,

I am disappointed to read that your recent stay was not a satisfactory one. If you could please contact me on 01224 624080 or my colleague Laura on f&bmgraberdeencc.pi@whitbread.com I would like to have the opportunity to speak to you regarding the issues.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Greek first
Ferragudo
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in many Premier Inns and have to say that many of the so called top hotel chains should take a look at the quality and friendliness of the staff at the Premier Inns. This one was no exception from the wonderfully bubbly Ukrainian receptionist to the staff in the restaurant, well done. The rooms were very clean and spacious and car parking also available on site. I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Nesjoh, What a lovely review to leave about your recent stay with us here in Aberdeen. We pride ourselves on our customer service and I can certainly see that this has proved to be no exception with our team on your visit. We look forward to seeing you again sometime soon!
Arbroath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I Stayed at the Aberdeen City Premier Inn in West North Street for 3 nights.
The staff were cheery and helpful, Room Very Clean and tidy, and no major problems, there was some upgrading work going on and the Lifts were out of order, luckily I had a room on the 2nd floor, the Car park was half used up with the contractors site containers. all in all quite a nice stay,

PS. If you require a Taxi and have to be somewhere at a particular time, get a Bus or walk, the Taxies in Aberdeen are very expensive and the service is awful They are never on time 35mins late at one point and no apologies either.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hi, I am delighted to read that all our team were cheery and helpful towards you on your recent stay at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre. We are at the start of getting a full refurbishment which is noticeable when arriving at our hotel. Unfortunately our lifts are not working however we are in the process of getting the underlying issue sorted. I do apologise about the taxi company and we are in talks with them with regards to speeding up service. I do hope we can welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks while in Aberdeen on business. The location was a bonus being so close to the city centre giving me plenty of variety for dining. The staff at this hotel were always welcoming and willing to engage in conversations especially Steve the bar tender. The cleaning of the room was done efficiently. Only let down was the parking situation but with this central location and the up dating of some of the hotel, this is understandable. Wish Premier inn would provide free wifi though, especially during the week when a premium is charged for most guests there on business.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hi, I appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your recent stay here at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre. With only a few minutes walk to the City Centre we are in a good location. I will pass on your comments to Steve, I am sure he will be happy to read them. Most of our City Centre hotels do not have parking so we are at an advantage where we do have some spaces however at the moment we are unable to provide parking due to our refurbishment. Free WIFI is something that the company is looking into getting and hopefully this will be in the next few coming months. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Lifts didnt work for my entire stay for 3 nights. On top of that got a room on third floor. Every day when i come back from work - room key wont work - had to go up and down the stairs everyday in the evening.
Wifi was pathetic. location is good though but rooms not so good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hi Vicky, I am disappointed to read that your stay was not an enjoyable one on your latest visit to Aberdeen City Centre Premier Inn. If you could please contact me on 01224 624080 or contact my colleague Laura on f&bmgraberdeencc.pi@whitbread.com as we would like to have the opportunity to resolve your problem.

Lerwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

As any other Premier Inn I have stayed in, this hotel has great central location with just 10 minutes walk to the Union Square Shopping Centre. Staff at the Reception and during Breakfast were very friendly and helpful. Room with no fuss furniture was clean and quiet, even with busy road outside. Would definitely stay again if in Aberdeen, on budget and for short stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre. I am glad that you found us to be in a great central location and that you found our team to be friendly and helpful. We always try to do our best for the guest and I’m glad to see on this occasion that it has been noticed. We look forward to seeing you back in the near future.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've stayed here on many occasions as it's close to where I need to be but something's gone horribly wrong.

You have to battle through a wall of smoke and smokers to get into the hotel. The main entrance is littered with rubbish and cigarette ends. YUK.

The security at night was a concern as I was on the ground floor. The night porter had allowed someone onto my corridor without a key card - that person then proceeded to bang on a door at 1 am.

Car parking difficult due to construction works but I should have been told about this when I booked as it is important to me.

The most annoying thing is the ludicrous policy of 30 minutes free wifi. Come on! This is 2014. You cannot expect to be competitive if you don't offer what has become an absolute must for all travellers. The fact that I couldn't get even one bar of a phone signal in my room simply exacerbated this problem.

I felt the reception staff were scruffy and disinterested. Twice I went to reception and it was empty until staff came back off a smoking "break".

I won't be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Derek A, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Hello,

I would appreciate if you could get in contact with the hotel to discuss your recent stay with us here at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre. We would like to have the opportunity to address this issue. Our telephone number is 01224624080 or alternatively you can email me on f&bmgraberdeencc.pi@whitbread.com . Thank you.