Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel
Ranked #3 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed here with my husband. The room was ok but a little shabby. It was rather small. Student halls are very close and quite noisy at night. Double glazing keeps the room quiet. The parking is virtually non existent. It was difficult to find parking. We ended up getting a parking ticket because there was very poor telephone signal in the hotel. The seats in the restaurant are so close together you are virtually sitting on a stranger's lap. There is no room service.

Room Tip: Ask if you can be on the opposite side to student accommodation.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Derek A, General Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Dawn M,

I would like to take the time to thank you for your feedback on our hotel.

I apologise, we are in the process of a refurb which will update the look of our hotel, and has caused some disruption to the car park which we do advise guests of alternative car parking.

If you would like to discuss your stay further then please call 01224624080.

Derek Anderson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,268)

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Not to be told about severely reduced car parking after a long journey to then struggle to find parking anywhere near the hotel set the scene. I had a feeling it wasn't going to be a good stay.

Several people at reception complaining their key cards weren't now working were made to feel awkward having to ask for their key cards to be re activated. As the lifts are currently out of order 2 gentlemen were annoyed that this was the second time this had happened and were unhappy that they had had to walk again from the second floor.

I was lucky, I was given a room on the ground floor, a disabled access room. That's fine but the bed was like a Futon and not great compared to the usual premier inn bed.
I ate dinner the first night in the restaurant. Unfortunately a member of staff serving me had extremely bad personal hygiene issues in so much that I could smell his body odour every time he walked past. Not good.
Another, clearly brand new member of staff under no supervision or guidance was walking around a busy restaurant aimlessly, simply doing nothing! After half an hour of waiting for my food I enquirer as to it's whereabouts. He went to check. After 10 minutes he returned advising 'it won't be long. It arrived 10 minutes later. 40 mins for a medium rare steak! It took the same member of staff 15 minutes to organise my bill. In the end I went to the desk to pay!
Breakfast the following morning I was told there was a long wait for tables so I went without, more provision should be made to accommodate all customers for breakfast, I went hungry and premier inn lost the revenue.
On the second day I returned to the hotel after meetings to find the chambermaid had simply shaken the duvet and that was it. Towels still over the bath, bin not emptied, no effort at all, which for £278.00 for 2 night stay I would suggest that isn't acceptable. Also on the second day I too had to go back to reception to reactivate my key card as I couldn't get into my room. I was asked several security questions by the same person who checked me in the day before.
Generally one of the poorest premier inn's I have stayed in on business, I will revert back to marriott I future when on business in Aberdeen
I did get breakfast on the second day. I ordered 2 poached eggs to go with bacon and beans. Cold beans, had to be reheated, and again after 15 minutes I had to ask if the eggs were ready! Nice strong coffee which was great in fact I would have liked another coffee to take away with me as it states £8.25 for full breakfast as much as you like. I was refused to take a coffee out with me unless I paid! Ok I won't bother. Thanks.
Much nicer hotels than this in Aberdeen for the business traveller, this hotel isn't well equipped to deal with such people

Dear Nathanoj,

i would like to take the time to thank you for your feedback on our Premier Inn City Centre hotel and i apologise for the unpleasant stay you have had with us..

I am disappointed to read that your recent stay was not a satisfactory one. If you could please contact me on 01224 624080 or my colleague Laura on f&bmgraberdeencc.pi@whitbread.com I would like to have the opportunity to speak to you regarding the issues.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

First time stay at premier inn city centre, it was fantastic. There was a few minors due to refurbishment , nothing that anyone could do about it. Didn't bother me or my husband.
(Everything gets worse to get better) is what they all say :-)

Checking in was quick and great by Scott- in training. Job well suited for him, very friendly and chatty. Was even offered to carry my bags upstairs, one word- gentleman!

After me and my husband went for a walk around the town we came back to the restaurant for dinner, great service was welcomed by Emma very smiley and chatty girl and sat straight away. Sabrina I think it was small, fair hair. very presentable. Fantastic service. Drink was taking to the table, was offered by Emma if we would like her to pour our wine. Sabrina asking if we would like the window open as it was a bit warm.

All restaurant team and reception fantastic. All offered that extra mile.
I shall be booking for my next vacation and will be recommending this to friends.

Thank you for our great stay see you again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Helen7919,

I would like to take the time and thank you for you lovely review. I am glad you had a pleasant stay with us here at City Centre.

I apologise about the disruption caused by our refurb at the moment, we are trying to keep things as smooth as possible, to make it an enjoyable stay.

I will pass on all the lovely comments to Scott, Emma, Sabina and the team, all feedback is appreciated.

Thank you again, and we will hopefully welcome you back to City Centre again in the future.

Derek Anderson.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here on n off for business for 7weeks staff are great alll staff frm reception to Charles in breakfast and cassie paula on breakfast ondrej on dinner slivana all fantastic!!! Staff make this stay enjoyable plus hotel central comfy beds clean room and the food is to die for!!! Amazing definitely if staying here in Aberdeen again this will be my hotel amazing service guys keep up the good work all staff friendly shelley on reception and the ladie with blonde hair thanks for all your hard work and all reception team where brilliant and helpful thanks again

Adele mcguire claires manager ;-)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Adele M

Dear Adele M,

Thank you very much for your review.

I'm glad our team at City Centre looked after you and you enjoyed your stay. I will certainly pass on your comments to each one of the staff and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are in Aberdeen again.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just a quick review on the Restaurant at this hotel. All I can say is 'Fantastic' :). Seated and served in record time from friendly members of staff (Emma & Ondrej). Ordered only 2 courses and thoroughly enjoyed my meal. Drinks was ordered and promptly taken to my table by Steve. Would definately recommend to friends and will be going back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

dear Googlybear74,

I would like to take the time and thank you for your feedback on our restuarant. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it and we hope to see you back soon.

I will pass your comments onto the restaurant and Steve.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

After a terrible stay the last time round I thought I would give this hotel another chance due to location. I really shouldn't have.

After booking I had an e-mail to inform me of renovations being done to the hotel and no parking would be available though no noise was promised. No offer to cancel was given.

I arrived at the hotel tonight and am now sat in my room while it sounds like someone is drilling in the basement below me. The time is 23:40hrs. The hotel assure me that no-one is working, And after night security coming to the room I'm being told that the noise I'm hearing is an air lock in a water pipe. Scant consolation for the night of zero sleep I'll be having.

Two stays, Two terrible experiences. Not good Premier Inn. This is your most expensive hotel I have ever had the misfortune of booking to stay in. I'm starting to get the feeling you end up giving back more than you keep.

This is my nightmare hotel, pure and simple. I'm not coming back (shouldn't have even considered it this time!) and If you have any sense of self preservation, you won't book here either.

Going to need lucozade for the drive back to Edinburgh in the morning!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Derek A, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hi Colin,

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have stayed in many Premier Inns and have to say that many of the so called top hotel chains should take a look at the quality and friendliness of the staff at the Premier Inns. This one was no exception from the wonderfully bubbly Ukrainian receptionist to the staff in the restaurant, well done. The rooms were very clean and spacious and car parking also available on site. I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Nesjoh, What a lovely review to leave about your recent stay with us here in Aberdeen. We pride ourselves on our customer service and I can certainly see that this has proved to be no exception with our team on your visit. We look forward to seeing you again sometime soon!