“Best Basic Accommodation Available”

Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel
Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Edinburgh
“Best Basic Accommodation Available”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

If all you want is an good en-suite room, breakfast and the option of a reasonably inexpensive evening meal, this is the place to stay. Premier Inns seem to have this cracked for both quality and consistency and tend to be at or near the top of my list when it comes to stopover hotels. Though not large, our room was clean bright comfortable and had everything you need including a large wall mounted TV with good reception and plenty channels. the bathroom was clean, and well appointed. The hotel is based in an old converted 1970s style office building, nothing special on the outside but fine inside. It is certainly no country house hotel but it provides all the necessities for a weekend city break including a reasonable, inexpensive Dinner and a decent and equally inexpensive full breakfast. Downsides? Parking is limited(approx one space for every three or for rooms) and charged at £5 per 24hrs which is not really bad for Aberdeen City Centre but if I had taken my car out I doubt I would have got it back in again later in the afternoon or evening. Only half an hour of free wifi a day is a bit stingy these days and the hotel aircon was not working because it was getting renewed (room fans were provided).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Derek A, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your detailed comments on your recent stay with us.

We really appreciate all feedback given to us which helps us improve our guests experience and lets new guests read what were about.

At present we are having our hotel refurbished and our new rooms really are bright and comfortable. This is the main reason we have limited car parking spaces. A separate company has taken control of our car park due to health and safety as before there was no control.

Thank you again for your reviews and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Greek first
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed here on Saturday 19th July for a family birthday day away.

We had booked 4 rooms in total and we were all given a newly refurbished room on the second floor, all next door to one another. The rooms were fantastic. The bed was really comfortable (have stayed at premier inn in newcastle and they had beds just like it), especially liked the big tv on the wall, the mirror with the lights beside the hairdryer (brilliant idea) and the purple light behind the bed (loved that).

We all had a great night out in Aberdeen and the banter with reception staff on arrival back to hotel was great (especially since we were pestering them for change for vending machine).

Had a great nights sleep (never heard any nosie outside or inside) and the breakfast was good.

Definately coming back later in the year and at £29 for the room it's a bargain.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Derek A, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
It’s amazing to read that your group enjoyed our newly refurbished rooms. We are aiming to have this complete by the beginning of December and we are certainly on track. I agree the beds are very comfortable!

Our reception team are always on hand to have a wee natter with our guests.

We look forward to seeing you when you return.

Thank you for your feedback.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

No fuss speedy check in. Great Staff . Decent room - clean. Smashing breakfast but do order your eggs as the fried ones already prepared quickly turn into to rubber. Free 30 min WiFi. Centre of town.
Recommended but parking is a problem.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Derek A, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Hello,

At Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre it really matters to us what our guests think of their stay and I am delighted that on this occasion you have been able to leave us positive feedback.

It’s great to read that you found our check in to be speedy, are staff to be great and our rooms clean. Our breakfasts are smashing at £8.75 and are all you can eat.

At the moment most of our car park is closed due to our refurbishment however there is plenty of car parking nearby.

Thank you again for your comments.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Good location friendly staff excellent food great room nice and clean near supermarket if you run out of anything near lots and lots local pubs and restaurants that make feel very welcome near shops by

1 Thank Peter K
Derek A, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Hi Peter,

Here at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre we appreciate all feedback given to us! I am happy to read that on this occasion you found our staff to be friendly, I’m sure they will be delighted to read this.

We are indeed close to nearby shops, pubs and restaurants based only a five minute walk from the City Centre.

We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a night out in Aberdeen. Bedroom comfortable enough however a serious lack of parking and workmen hammering at 830am on a sunday morning put a dampener on things! There was no warning of the car park being partially closed or that the work would be going on that early! Bit of a disappointment!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Amy,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for writing a review on your recent stay with us. We are having a refurbishment of the hotel done which will last until early December. This is advertised on our website that our car park will be closed. With regards to be woken up early on Sunday morning can you please contact me on f&bmgraberdeencc.pi@whitbread.com to discuss the matter further.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Laura Murphy
F&B Manager
Arbroath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights for my birthday weekend with my boyfriend, it was fantastic. Check in was fast, room was beautiful, very good size, had a brilliant nights sleep and loved the recently refurbished room. It is located within the centre of town and union street & codonas are within reasonable walking distance. Only fault I would have is the fact that our room wasn't cleaned so we never received fresh towels the day after our first night but other than that it's the best premier inn we've ever stayed in.

Hi Laura,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your birthday weekend with us and Happy Belated Birthday wishes from all of the team!

With only a short walk away from the city centre and a ten minute walk to the beach front where Cadonas is situated we are in the perfect location.

It’s great to read that our new refurbished rooms were to your liking, we have had amazing feedback about them.

I do apologise for your room not being serviced on this occasion however on future visits please make the reception team aware and we will be on hand to sort the problem.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Thank You.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I have been staying in hotels for business for over 30 years, and I was sure I had seen it all, great and terrible. However, this hotel delivered an unpleasant surprise that I would not have expected in 2014, particularly from this class of hotel. When we booked, I was aware that parking was at a premium, and that if we arrived late, we would be out of luck for onsite parking. When we arrived early, for that reason, the hotel was undergoing extensive external remodelling, which dramatically reduced parking even further. At this point, Scott at the front desk came to our rescue, and found a parking stall for us under cover close to the main entrance. So far, so good. The lobby is one level up from the main entrance at the back. The front entrance is up a set of steps from West North Street, without a curb cut to allow for vehicle off loading or pickup. We were charged 3 Pounds for WiFi at check in, and went to the room. Our room was a reasonable size, somewhat tired but clean. We went for dinner and on our return, realized we were short towels. I looked for the phone in the room to call the front desk. NO TELEPHONE!! I could not believe it!! There was no phone number listed for our hotel in the room, only manager numbers. The paid WiFi was not working properly either. I went down to reception and asked for towels, which I was promised immediately. An hour and a half later, I again went to the front desk and asked again for towels, which finally arrived about 10 minutes later. There was a fair amount of street noise, even with the windows closed, but our sleep was reasonable. On check out, I spoke directly with the front desk manager, and was told they had not had phones in over a year. They had received a number of other complaints, but apparently all of the Premier Inns in Aberdeen lacked telephones in their rooms. Their head office in London had made this decision based on cost savings and the fact that most people now carried cell phones, so room phones were redundant. They hoped to be getting room phones back sometime in 2015!! I pointed out that in our case, no phone meant two aggravating trips to the front desk. Also, I pointed out that my office had my itinerary, and would attempt to call the hotel in an emergency, assuming that my call would be transferred to the room. That would not happen without a phone. Further, I pointed out that in a medical emergency, we could call for assistance by cell, but the hotel staff would suddenly find an ambulance at the front door with no notice from the room and no idea where the call came from. Overall, coupled with the very poor internet service, this would not be a hotel chain I would consider staying in if ANY other choice was available. The manager did refund our room and WiFi charges under their satisfaction guarantee. This unfortunately highlights a classic case of top management at Head Office being detached from customer needs, expectations and reality. Very shortsighted. I cannot imagine this kind of scenario ever happening in North America, strictly from a customer satisfaction or liability standpoint.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I apologise for the inconvenience that was caused to yourself during your stay and due to this we have already refunded you under our good night guarantee.

Premier Inn has less than 50% of its hotels with phones in their bedrooms. In the last three years Premier Inn has seen a steady decrease in demand and usage of the phones in its rooms by it's guests and the fact that 92% of adults now own/use a mobile phone in UK.
Premier Inn have provided contact details in every room for how it's guests can contact our reception team and also the Cluster and Regional Manager should our reception team be unable to resolve any issues that a guest may have.