“Good hotel & Friendly staff”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel
Ranked #6 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
Hawkhurst, United Kingdom
“Good hotel & Friendly staff”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is a nice hotel and has very friendly staff. It took over 2 hours for us to have a 3 course meal. There seemed to be a communication problem between kitchen and restaurant staff. Wrong food sent!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Derek A, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent visit to Aberdeen. I do apologise with regards to the problem you experienced within our restaurant. Can I ask that you contact my colleague Laura who is our Food and Beverage Manager to discuss the matter further. Her email address is f&bmgraberdeencc.pi@whitbread.com . Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Greek first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This would have been another great stay at a Premier Inn but the noise from a bar at the back of the hotel, until after midnight on a Sunday, spoilt our stay. The staff were very accommodating and helpful and did suggest us moving but as my husband was already in bed, we decided not to move. The hotel is in a great, convenient position and the newly furnished rooms are really good. Everything you need and very nicely presented. The bed, as always at Premier Inns, was very comfortable. Staff at check in/out were friendly and helpful.

If the bar/club at the back of the hotel is open every night, then it's a problem! Ask for a room at the front of the hotel!!

I would stay here again but not at the back of the hotel.

One question - when are Premier Inns going to have free wifi??

Hello,

I do apologise for the trouble that you encountered during your recent stay with us. We are at present in talks with the bar to the rear of our property with regards to opening their windows when they have karaoke on and hopefully this matter will be resolved promptly. Can I please ask that you contact myself on operationsmanager.aberdeencitycentre@whitbread.com to discuss the matter further.

It’s really nice to read that you find the beds at Premier Inn very comfortable and that our team at reception were friendly and helpful.

Premier Inn as a company are looking into the WIFI at present and we are hoping that a solution will arise in the near future.

Thank you for your review and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The hotel was ideally situated for the centre of town and close to all the amenities we wanted to see. Staff were very helpful and rooms nice and clean. Bed was king size and really comfy. Recommend it to anyone wanting to visit Aberdeen

Hi Charles,

With only being a few minutes walk to Union Street our hotel is in a great location nearby to shops, bars and restaurants. There are also various attractions within walking distance such as the leisure beach, Union Square and the Maritime Museum.

I’m delighted to read that you found our team helpful and our rooms nice and clean.

Thank you for recommending us and it’ll be a pleasure for us to see you again on your next visit to Aberdeen.
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I had previously vowed not to stay here after a bad experience last year, however circumstances meant that I stayed here for 3 nights on business.
The outside appearance is still rather depressing, but I guess there's little they can do about that. What they can do, is improve the inside, and I'm pleased to say that's exactly what they're doing. The refurbishment of the rooms is well underway and once complete will make this a very nice place to stay.
When I arrived late at night to check-in, I wasn't surprised to find that all the refurbished rooms had been taken & had to do with one of the older rooms. However, the receptionist stated that I could change to a refurbished room the next day. The old room was very tired & I wouldn't have been too happy staying in it for 3 nights. Now, the refurbished room was like going from chalk to cheese. The room was as good as any Premier inn I've stayed in before - excellent bathroom, comfortable bed, large wall mounted TV & most importantly, Air Conditioning. I was very pleased with this room.
Breakfast was not one of the best I've experienced in a Premier Inn & it always seemed a struggle to keep the buffet station fully supplied. The serving area is relatively small & cramped, meaning that you find yourself shoulder to shoulder with other diners.
My experience staying at this hotel on this occasion was much better than my previous visit, and I would use again when next in Aberdeen.

Room Tip: Try & get a room overlooking the car park - quieter.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review in relation to your current stay at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre. It really matters to us what our guests think and all feedback is welcome.

It’s great to read that we have been able to change your opinion of our hotel with our new refurbished rooms. The refurbishment is due to be completed in December 2014 and will really make a difference to the guest experience.

With regards to our breakfast we try to do the best with the space that we have. At peak times the buffet area can get a little crowded but we are taking measures to stop this from happening. We have posters in our lifts that allow all guests to see peak times and this will hopefully reduce the amount of people coming down at once to ensure everyone is happy.

We do look forward to welcoming you to our hotel in the near future.

Thank you.
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed in one of the newly refurbished rooms great improvement although the air con wasn't working properly the room was very comfortable. That's the good part now the not so good part. I had two average experiences in the restaurant. I was escorted to my table given the menu for my evening meal placed my order only to be told no pizza and no steak leaving a narrow choice of food, not impressed. So to the story of breakfast, clearly I was disrupting the staffs day by requesting breakfast my apologies to them and when I had the audacity to order poached eggs from the kitchen they took their revenge. Had my coffee, juice, toast and cooked breakfast, second coffee still no poached eggs. I asked the Server to say to the Chef I was leaving so not to bother cooking them, an unconvincing sorry followed. I'm no Gordon Ramsey however I understand it takes less than 25 minutes to make poached eggs. At least the receptionist offered a more convincing apology.
There's little car parking and even less now the refurb is underway. Very expensive for Premier Inn but that's Aberdeen for you. Not painted a great picture so far the rooms and reception staff are good though.

Room Tip: Try to get a refurbished room if available.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Derek A, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Hi Michael,

Our refurbishment is due to finish in December and we are well on schedule however with regards to our air con this needs to be completed at a separate time due to where the pipes are situated.

I am very sorry to read about your experience in our restaurant on both your evening and morning visit. If possible I would like to ask you to contact our F&B manager Laura to discuss this matter further. Her email address is f&bmgraberdeencc.pi@whitbread.com .

With regards to our car park we only have around 10 spaces due to the refurbishment containers. There are several parking facilities near by which we can let you know about at reception.

Thank you again for your feedback and Laura looks forward to hearing from you.
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. It is a short walk to the main street (Union Street) which is very convenient.
The staff provided a good service and the room was clean. Breakfast in the morning was good however there is a small selection to choose from. Due to miscommunication we were given a room for two people when there were 3 of us, however the staff were quick at providing us with extra bedding for a fold-out bed that was in the room.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hi Tony,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us here at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre. It really matters to us what our guests think.

It’s great to read that our team provided you with good service and you found our rooms to be clean. It’s good to read that the team managed to quickly sort the problem of 3 of you arriving.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Thank you again.
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 17 August 2014

location, location,location, this is perfect for shopping,bars, restaurants and walking distance to Aberdeen beach. Friendly staff,efficient check in and nice clean rooms.We enjoyed our visit very much.

Hello,

It’s great to read that you found our hotel to be in the prefect location. With only a few minutes walk to the shops, restaurants and bars we are indeed in an ideal location for a City Centre hotel. We are also close to local bus stops which can take you to local attractions.

It’s really nice to read that you also found our team to be friendly and our rooms to be clean.

I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to Aberdeen and I do hope that we can welcome you back on your next visit.

Thank You.