“Excellent ”

Ranked #4 of 21 Coffee & Tea in Aberdeen
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I will definitely be coming back here! The best hot chocolate I have ever tasted! It was worth the trip to Aberdeen just for that.

There are newer reviews for Jo Jo's Coffee Shop

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have enjoyed lunch in Cocoa Ooze several times and not once have I been disappointed with any aspect. Food has been delivered quickly, looks great and tastes even better. There is a great selection of fillings for sandwiches, salads etc. All freshly prepared and of course there is an even better selection of delicious chocolates to choose from for a nice sweet ending to the meal. I have always found the staff very pleasant and accommodating if you need to make a change to something on the menu (great for fussy eaters like me) Its now become one of my favourite places to eat and I will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I visited a couple of months ago with my wife and two kids and won't be going back. The food was sub par. The cakes could have been bought from a supermarket value range. The service was beyond bad. They actually brought food to our table without cleaning the previous customers plates away first. The food arrived in dribs and drabs and was cold. I unfortunately have nothing good to say about this place. I looked forward to going because of the reviews. Once bitten, twice shy. I'm not going again.

7  Thank jtroc
cocoaooze, Manager at Jo Jo's Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Hi Jtroc

Many thanks for your review.

Firstly my apologies to yourself that you didn't have a great experience within our store.

We aim to please our customers to provide the beast service and products we can. Trip Advisor is a great way for customers to do this but also we have policies and remedies in place for such concerns raised in your review.

If there was any issues with any of the food i can't understand why you didn't mention this to any members of our team as we have no quibbles replacing or refunding this for you.

We are also proud to be using over 15 local and Scottish supplier's within our business containing the quality we provide.

As you are unhappy with us if you can either send a email to jamie@cocoa-ooze.co.uk or phone Jamie on 01224 467212 tell us what you had or what day/table you were sitting on and we will credit you fully back for your whole families bill

I hope you find this acceptable and look forward to hearing from yourself soon

I will also action the other points to the Shop Manager but as sometimes especially weekend clearing tables takes slightly longer

Thanks Again

Jamie Hutcheon
Director

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I'm rather fussy about where I eat, I like good quality food and great service and that is what we got here. We had afternoon tea and believe me it's so filling you won't want any dinner later.

The sandwiches (you get to choose the fillings) were made with the softest, tastiest bread I've had in a long time, the ham was really good quality and plenty of it and the coronation chicken was the best I've ever had.

The scones were oven fresh and very light, they came with wee pots of jam and double cream. There was a lovely selection of traybakes and a couple of their own make of chocolates, all delicious.

The only let down for me was the rather small coffee, I would of liked a proper pot of coffee but I did buy another cup instead as it was great coffee.

The service is excellent, attentive and friendly but we still had peace to enjoy the visit, the staff were constantly busy but seemed to genuinely enjoy their jobs.

I was disappointed to leave some of the treats on the stand, it would of been a nice touch if we had been offered to take them home as I'm sure they wouldn't reuse them. However I'll make sure I'm extra hungry the next time I go back!

4  Thank judith048
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Fantastic place to go for a light bite, lunch, afternoon tea or workshop! Been for all of the above. All of which are fantastic value for money, great quality and superb customer
service. Good enough to continue being a weekly customer since the opening!! Thoroughly recommend it to friends, family and anyone looking for a new place to try out!

2  Thank Dotty9030