“Whisky Trail”

Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel
Ranked #35 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel to use it as a base for visiting 'The Whisky Trail' and didn't regret it. The rooms were basic but comfortable and the beds gave you a good nights sleep, as advertised. We would use this hotel again. Friendly, helpful staff.

Room Tip: Rear-facing rooms quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Laura M, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Norman0139,

Thank you for such nice comments you left.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, hope you enjoyed the whisky trail.
I will pass on all the nice comments to my staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Just spent Friday & Saturday night there
We booked a family room as we were traveling with our 2 boys. Hotel staff were fab, very friendly. Hotel room was adequate, although the 2 kid's beds did rattle and squeek every time they turned over (occasionally waking us up). Also, we either had a team of sumo wrestlers in the room above us, or they need to have serious a look at the floor upstairs as we heard every movement.
Breakfast was served next door in the Cocked Hat pub. While there was nothing wrong with it, we were hoping for slightly more variety in terms of cereals and fruit. The pub itself was spot on, not a wide choice of beers, but I'm happy enough with a couple of pints of Stella. We decided to have our evening meal there on the Saturday - 2 meals for £10.99, and they were lovely!

All in all a good weekend, but should I return to Aberdeen, I may well opt for the Premier Inn situated in the City Centre.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank andyo_123

Dear Andyo_123,

I'm glad you took the time to leave us a review.

I am really sorry the beds squeaked when your children moved in them, I will get my maintenance guy to look into this to see if we can resolve this. I am also sorry about the people in rooms above you making a noise. if you stay with us in the future please don’t hesitate to contact us so we can allocate you a top floor room.

I will pass your comments on to the restaurant next door for their breakfasts and see if they can look into more variety.

We look forward to welcoming you back hopefully

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Friendly, clean, well-run, excellent breakfast. Very convenient location. Room was a bit stuffy and hot at times despite opening the window. The beds were very comfortable and the linen immaculate. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elizabeth M

Dear Elizabeth M,

Thank you for taking time to comment on our Hotel.

I'm really glad you thought that the hotel was well-run, our staff were friendly, and our rooms are clean. I'm glad you enjoyed the comfort of our beds as well.

I'm sorry to hear you found the room to be stuff, At times in Aberdeen in do get some heat and sleeping at night can be hot, we do provide fans that we can let you use for this.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn Anderson drive soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed for a couple of nights in July this year to attend my niece's graduation. I had stayed before and was happy to return.

Our room was clean and comfy - not huge but adequate in size for the 4 of us. The boy's beds were sturdy and full size singles which was a bonus. We were in room 1 on the ground floor. right next to reception, and so I was concerned we might be kept awake with other guests passing by late at night - but in fact it was very quiet - APART from the seagulls on the 2nd night - but there's really not much the hotel can do about that. They were loud though. There was no problem with traffic noise even though we were on quite a busy road. The carpet on the ground floor, as you headed from reception through to the ground floor rooms was badly torn - and a very real health and safety risk.

The hotel is a little out of town but to be honest that's no bad thing! I had other family members staying in the city centre who found it very noisy, and the seagulls were even more troublesome in the heart of town. (Watch out if eating outdoors! One big bruiser of a gull practically took my hand off outside Union Square, in the process of stealing a sandwich which I had only had a couple of bits of!! They have no fear at all!!)

So - the hotel was pleasant and I would go back. BUT - don't be tempted by the enticing looking menu at the Cocket Hat next door. The food was very overpriced and basically very poor. Drinks were on the pricey side too (although we expected that in Aberdeen).The portion sizes were adequate, but everyone at the table (there were 8 of us) felt that every dish was pretty tasteless. The waitress was less than friendly and made it quite clear (at quarter to 11) that we had outstayed our welcome and were expected to clear out. Things were only marginally better at breakfast. The morning staff were less frosty but not exactly welcoming. the went about their business without even acknowledging we had arrived. We seated ourselves (no one checked to see if we were booked so basically we could have wandered in off the street and helped ourselves unchallenged); we had to go looking for someone to arrange tea and coffee. the selection was average but overcooked (or more likely had just been on the food warmer for a while) and the toast was cold and damp. Things were slightly better on the 2nd day when we managed to rouse a smile form the waiter, and the breakfast was less overdone.

My advice would be - stay at the hotel by all means - but definitely eat elsewhere!!

Room Tip: Probably better on the car park side, away from the road. Don't book the breakfast!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Estherohara,

Thankyou for taking time to leave a comment.

I'm glad you liked they rooms and found them clean. I will pass this on to my house keeping team. Unfortunately seagulls in Aberdeen are a problem we have no control over and at certain times of the year they are louder than others.

With the torn carpet on the ground floor you will be glad to know that this has been fixed
With the restaurant this is owned by a separate company, so I will pass your comments on to the manager next door in regards to your points you have made.

We hope to welcome you back in the Premier Inn at anderson Drive again

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Premier Inn Anderson drive is a very good hotel to stay for any occasion, rooms are spacious, good quality for your money and we'll reserved place. Good breakfast, good surrounding for children to play, friendly and welcoming staff, I will definitely choose premier Inn next time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Kehinde S,

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at Premier Inn. I will also pass your comments on to the restaurant next door.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Check in was quick and easy. Staff are very friendly. The room is very hot with no way to cool except opening the windows. This is not ideal as the seagulls will keep you awake! The room is clean although extremely basic. The television is tiny which does not matter as most of the channels are off and the rest of the programs are awful. The bed is comfortable (if you like a firm mattress) but the pillows are not comfortable at all. The toilet/shower room is clean. There are no toiletries, as such, supplied. The towels are nice and big. The shower is good and strong. Unfortunately the weekend staff kept giving us one bath towel instead of two. Breakfast is next door in the Cockett Hat. The restaurant is not very clean. The staff there are friendly enough (as long as you turn up in time for breakfast) but don't expect to hold a conversation. It finishes at 9am which is early when you are on vacation. The food is ok. Staying a week, it is repetitive. I wish we had not paid up front for a whole week. However, they have free Internet unlike the Premier Inn. There you get 30 minutes (sometimes) then they charge you. There is no fridge, toiletries or telephone in the room. You can borrow an iron and ironing board. We had a hired car so town is close enough. Parking at the hotel is plentiful. It is nice and quiet so you get a good sleep until the seagulls waken you up. Would we come back again ? Probably as it is close to our daughter. It is good for either a quick stop en route or like in our case just a base for bed and breakfast.

Stayed: July 2014
Laura M, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear IROV1

Thank you for leaving us feedback.

I am delighted to hear you found the team friendly during your stay. I am sorry you did not find the room to your standards if you would like to call the site direct I would be happy to discuss any issues with you.

I will pass on your comments regarding the restaurant to the manager.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to see you daughter.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We booked to stay here for 3 nights during a recent visit to Aberdeen, When we arrived on the Friday the weather was very hot as was the bedroom. Yes there was a fan in the room (lets just say I have never seen such a small fan, I would say this was for use on a desk not to try and cool down a bedroom). Apart from that the room was clean, tidy and had everything we needed, Bathroom was okay but the over bath shower was rather deep to climb out of. Apart from that our say was very good. Found the staff to be very friendly and felt that nothing would be too much trouble. Housekeeping staff were fantastic. All in we will choose to stay here on our next visit to Aberdeen

Room Tip: Ask for either ground of first floor room as the second floor rooms are rather warm
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Laura M, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear UKGUYZ

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you found all the team friendly and the room was to Premier Inn standard.

I am sorry you found the room too hot if you find this in the future please contact reception who will be happy to provide another fan.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.